Thread: The useless stretching post

Man my right ear does not want to stretch at all ><
    Currently taping to 3mm from 2.4mm. Its been a whole week since I last added a layer of tape, I tried to add one layer today, and it didn't want to go in. Have put my 2.4mm plug back in atm, it's so much comfier than a taped barbell.
    ):
    3mm Stretch
    2.4mm Stretch
    Tragus
    Helix
    Nose
    Tongue

my old stretches look pretty "normal" now ............... they are 1.6mm down from a loose 6mm

Default new to the idea of stretching, help please

Hey, I have no piercings but want to get a small stretcher in one or both of my ears, I guess maybe 2 gauge or so. Let's say I wanted to get to 2 gauge, what steps would I be following?

Getting the piercings done, what should I put in first till it heals, and then how long after that what size is second? I understand the rest, that you go up one size every 1-2 months after the stretching has healed, but I'm just clueless as to how to start it, as like I have said, I don't even have one piercing. Sorry for being ridiculously retarded, but I have no other place to learn.

You'll want to leave six months after the initial piercing before you stretch and it depends what size you got pierced at as to what you go to next

1mm<1.2mm<1.6mm<2mm<2.4mm<3mm

Then after that they go up in 1mm increments
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

Quote Originally Posted by snorzor View Post
    Hey, I have no piercings but want to get a small stretcher in one or both of my ears, I guess maybe 2 gauge or so. Let's say I wanted to get to 2 gauge, what steps would I be following?

Getting the piercings done, what should I put in first till it heals, and then how long after that what size is second? I understand the rest, that you go up one size every 1-2 months after the stretching has healed, but I'm just clueless as to how to start it, as like I have said, I don't even have one piercing. Sorry for being ridiculously retarded, but I have no other place to learn.
    What size you go to first depends on what you're pierced at. 'Normal' needled lobe piercings will most likely be 16g or 14g, but you can definitely request to have it pierced bigger! The initial jewellery should be a labret or barbell - talk to your piercer. I wouldn't suggest piercing directly to 2g (which is possible) unless you're totally 100% sure you want stretched lobes though - consider them semi-permanent, at least...most people find their ears will shrink back to normal if they've only stretched as far as 2g/0g, but not everyone - some people require reconstruction surgery if they want them back to 'normal'. It's best to go slowly and gradually to keep your ears as healthy as possible, and also give you a while to make sure you're happy with them.

Maybe start off at around 8g, and give that about 6 months to fully heal and loosen up before stretching to 6g, then another 6 weeks until 4g, and another 6 until 2g. Those are only rough times - some people need to wait longer. Always use lube and never skip sizes.

If you choose to start off at 14g, that's 1.6mm, so follow what IckleNatStar said.

Nothing wrong with being clueless as long as you're willing to learn!

And as usual Kate put it all better than I ever would haha

Awesome, thanks so much you two, I think you exactly answered what I needed to know. I only recently got this urge to go for it, but I really knew nothing about it at all. Just wish I didn't have to wait so long for the healing process... :P

I have too much time on my hands Nat, haha (well, not really, I'm just conveniently ignoring uni work and interview preparation ;D oops).

snorzor - Better to wait than make a mess of your ears

Kate - I know the ignoring work feeling all too well haha

think its time to stretch up again last 4-5 days ive woken up and my 3mm plugs have fallen out lul