Thread: FIRST STRETCHING! ANY TIPS?

Default FIRST STRETCHING! ANY TIPS?

I just started my first stretching. I'm almost ready to start stretching up to a 3.2mm (lobe) and am aiming to get up to a 6mm first, followed by an 8mm stretch which will allow me to use a laser cut tunnel which I have on order with BJS.

I'm using steel stretching crescents at the moment, then I have a plastic 3-6mm taper which I'll be using with 5mm and 6mm plugs.

As I understand it, about 3-4 weeks is the recommended healing time between stretches, does anyone know of a good lubricant/healing cream to use to help promote/speed up recovery?

At the moment I'm using savlon cream, combined with THC tattoo aftercare ointment, which helps prevent scabbing, moisturisers and helps my tattoos heal great. The company that makes this ointment also makes one specifically for piercings called BPA piercing aftercare (http://www.tattooaftercare.co.uk/index.html). Has anyone tried this, and is it any good?
    NO SLEEP \'TILL OBLIVION

Savlon is REALLY BAD for piercings. It closes the hole up, i did that with my eyebrow piercing when it was healing, and it produces loads of Lymph and Crust and its really disgusting.

I wouldnt use the tatoo cream either, because it is practically the same as savlon.

Just do some salt water soaks, or use salive solution.

3mm to 6mm??
    Thats a pretty big jump. I found it quite hard to go up in 2s sometimes (although sometimes it was fine).

Use just normal Vaseline to help it slide through. Do it after a hot shower as this loosens up the flesh a bit and will make it easier to stretch through, resulting in less pain, and less healing time.
    Try not to do it too quickly, and try not to do it with too large jumps otherwise you'll end up splitting the flesh.

I didn't use anything to try and help it heal quicker, I just left my body to its own devices.
    I was using the buffalo horn crescents, which, after having in for a fair while at the larger sizes, weighed down my ears, opening them up a little anyway. Same applies to glass twists. Recommended.

SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

i used vaseline for mine too, but i have recently found out that its better to use a water based lube because your body is water based so if you do have an accident eg split your ear etc (bad bad thing!!!) then your body will heal it more readily. if your use an oil based lube (like olive oil or vaseline) the body will treat it like a foreign object & try ti reject it among other nastly problems which could arise.

BOD MODS:
    1x lip
    2x nostril
    2x 20mm lobes
    2x 6mm lobes
    1x helix
    1x septum
    1x nape
    1x conch
    1x daith
    1x navel

plus lots of new ink!!

RETIRED:
    2x navel
    1x labret
    1x cleavage
    1x venoms
    1x tongue web

i use germoline... TINY amount, as in..dip the end of the crescent in the opening of the tube, it lubes it and is an anticeptic too but weak. good for spots too
    left ear-
    scaffold,pinna,auricle,2xlobe,8mm tunnel, conch
    right ear-
    3 helix bars,orbital,2xlobe,8mm tunnel
    Diagonal nipple bar.
    Septum

Tattoo-treble clef on groin

Retired-Labret (I pierced it at the wrong angle.painful to play clarinet with too :( )
    www.myspace.com/thepurpleone