Thread: Shout It Out!

Katie they sound so bloody inconsiderate it's horrible. My ex husbands family were like that, they didn't care, were rude, never gave a toss about anyone else but themselves. They invited us on holidays and trips out and after a few years I simply got to the point where I told my ex I didn't like his family and that if he wanted to go see them or go on holiday with them he was more than welcome to but I wouldn't be going.

Thing is, in life we're not going to get on with everyone we meet, including in-laws, there is zero pre-requisite to like them and you also have the option of disliking them very much. It's simply down to Nick how much that bothers him.

I know that sounds harsh but if my ex in-laws invited me on a holiday like that the first thing I would have done is said no, or at least explained no way am I skiing and I'll be getting my own food if they can't include me in what they're having.

So hard when you want to please everyone though, hope you're home soon :(
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Inlaws are always horrid. I'd been seeing my gf for a year, and her mum still made me sleep in another room!

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinPie86 View Post
    Inlaws are always horrid.
    I don't really agree with this, my parents were amazing with my ex and my mum (for some unknown reason) still is, they would do anything to help him if needed and treated him well.

My mum also treats my current partner well despite only meeting him a couple of times.

Also I've always been really nice and helpful/supportive for partners my step-daughters have had.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

My gf's mum always told her I wanted her for sex, even though I lived hundreds of miles away :/ I loved her with all my heart. I still feel some love for her all these years later.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Thanks H, I know I have no obligation to like them but his mum is honestly lovely.. you know when you meet a couple and you just cannot fathom the attraction? I don't understand how they're still together.

My problem is that I did say I wasn't wanting to ski but they still booked and paid for all the stuff for me anyway, if I could afford my own food I'd definitely be doing that. They eat like kids, they eat bread and cheese for breakfast and lunch and despite being pescitarian they only occasionally eat tuna from a can so it's not even like a nice healthy fish dish is on the cards. And they're all fairly slim and I can see them judging me for being fat, they're always on at Nick to lose weight and yet at EVERY SINGLE MEAL his mum and/or dad has something left and then gets him to eat their left overs! You can't moan at someone about losing weight then force them to eat extra every meal!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Thanks H, I know I have no obligation to like them but his mum is honestly lovely.. you know when you meet a couple and you just cannot fathom the attraction? I don't understand how they're still together.

My problem is that I did say I wasn't wanting to ski but they still booked and paid for all the stuff for me anyway, if I could afford my own food I'd definitely be doing that. They eat like kids, they eat bread and cheese for breakfast and lunch and despite being pescitarian they only occasionally eat tuna from a can so it's not even like a nice healthy fish dish is on the cards. And they're all fairly slim and I can see them judging me for being fat, they're always on at Nick to lose weight and yet at EVERY SINGLE MEAL his mum and/or dad has something left and then gets him to eat their left overs! You can't moan at someone about losing weight then force them to eat extra every meal!
    His mum may be nice but they as a couple don't sound very fair or sensible and that in it's self would drive me crazy because I'd really start to see it as being inconsiderate!!

Oh I really do. If this was my family we'd have had a big shouty sweary argument by now and everyone would know where everyone stood and we'd work on fixing it but Nick (especially) and his family don't appear to do confrontations or arguments. I'd have literally pulled my 'rents up on being utter knobs and told them to sort it out by now

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinPie86 View Post
    Inlaws are always horrid. I'd been seeing my gf for a year, and her mum still made me sleep in another room!
    Have to disagree with this just from my own experience. My mum was and still is brilliant with my ex right from when I first met him. Despite what has happened between us, she's still quite close to him and he's even coming for Christmas dinner which she wouldn't allow to happen if she felt any hostility towards him. Maybe it's just my mum who is really easy going but I do have friends whose parents are close to their partners too.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Quote Originally Posted by catface View Post
    Have to disagree with this just from my own experience. My mum was and still is brilliant with my ex right from when I first met him. Despite what has happened between us, she's still quite close to him and he's even coming for Christmas dinner which she wouldn't allow to happen if she felt any hostility towards him. Maybe it's just my mum who is really easy going but I do have friends whose parents are close to their partners too.
    Well, you're really close too anyway, aren't you? My own family hates inlaws.

Opted out of a card game we were all playing after the first round cause i dont like it and I'm tired. This was about 2 hours ago and I'm still waiting on everyone finishing playing (this is their second game since then) and I'm tired, getting a cold, sore and stuck in here on the sofa cause the way the teeny livingroom is here I can't just slip off to bed. (also we're an hour ahead, I'm not moaning at 10.15pm lol)