Thread: Shout It Out!

Maybe rather than focusing on what makes it hard think about what would make the situation easier, that might help with targeting the problem?
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

So I don't quite know if this is the right place to put it, but it's got to be better out than in, hopefully.
    It's getting harder to smile at people I know, and smile when I hear they're happy, and that things are going well. I feel like a bitch for thinking it, and I am geniunely happy for people when good things happen;it just doesn't dispel the jealousy that comes with it. Especially when it feels that things for me are about keeping even, not even close to going well. I'd love to be able to trust people and just relax at the moment, but I just can't.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Scarred_pierced

I'm sensing my family all making digs at me via facebook. It's silly little things, like my older sister and cousin posting on each others walls saying how much they love each other, or putting up old photos of holidays and family parties, that I obviously wasn't at, even though I'm a few months older than my cousin, and my sister is 7 years older than us. Today is what made me cotton on fully, my older sister RANDOMLY posting a picture of my younger sister, and saying how much she misses her....as far as I'm aware they havn't spoken in ages, I'm in constant contact with her since she moved to New York. I'm the only family member that has been. She's really relied on my emotionally. But I've had NOTHING to do with the rest of my family since last christmas, the worst time of my life, I wasn't going to make myself suffer in their company anymore and I havn't. Seems they have a problem with that, esp after they f'd me over when it came to needing a guarantor. All lying to me.
    I don't need you people, I have never needed you bar for one favour. You have done nothing for me my whole life. I got my degree, by myself, my flat, by myself, all the jobs I've ever had, by myself. I have always paid my bills, by myself. I have never had any support, so why are you surprised when I stop bothering altogether? All family does is stress me out, make me feel bad about myself, pressure me and remind me why I left them all behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomos View Post
    I dont mean to dump my problems on you guys, its just been a bad week and I needed to let it out.
    I know how you feel. I'm really shy and had massive problems in my first year of uni. But this year I've decided I'm not going to let myself fall into the trap of unhappiness again. Can't let it happen. So I'm trying to stop overthinking things and just get on with meeting new people. It has to be done and I feel better because of it. I kow its hard but try not to live so much in your own head and worry about what people think of you. 99% of time people are too wrapped up in their own problems to even notice your flaws. Just try relax and be nice. Good luck and hope I helped (from a fellow shy person)
    Hi, call me Starry
    Lover of art, music and mods.

Current:
    Left Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, two standard lobes, tragus
    Right Ear: Stretched lobe @ 4mm, one standard lobe, auricle, rook
    Septum

RIP Standard Navel
    Piercings I want: Rook (left side), Horizontal nipple x2, helix, central labret

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde
    Con el tiempo, todo se consigue

Good luck and hope I helped (from a fellow shy person)
    Thanks. Things have been better the last 2 weeks. I'm just not letting things stress me out so much anymore, i've learnt to relax and start enjoying life again.
    Piercings (some retired) - Septum, nose, double eyebrow, left tragus, left nipple, lip, rook, left lobe and multiple cartalidge.
    - Tattoo of a fantasy style sword on my calf
    - Raven perched on pocket watch tattoo on my right arm
    - Evil skeletal jester on the other calf
    Here's to love, the sickness
    The great martyr of the soul
    Here's to life, the vice
    The great herald of misery

Felt ill all last week and still dont feel great :( now i have given it to my BF so my house is the sick house, need to get better

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Sounds pretty pathetic but I could do with getting everything off my chest.

We're away with Nick's family at the moment and I really just want to go home. I hate how I feel here. We're on a skiing holiday but I've always said I'm unsure I'd be able to ski since I have arthritic knees (and everywhere else) but they still hired me skis, ski boots, helmet and poles and wanted me to take 15hours of lessons while we're here. My knees have been awful since we got here, standing hurts if it's more than about 30 seconds, my knees constantly throb and ache and they still wanted me to do lessons. The first morning I had a really bad stomach ache thanks to my gall bladder/ibs/mystery condition (caused by a very cheesey dinner the night before cooked by his mum) so wanted to stay in and when Nick decided to stay in with me (despite me saying I didn't mind him going out) his dad had a big moan about him staying in with me.
    They've ended up having to cancel my lesson since my knees have been so sore and seem pretty annoyed about me not skiing. I do actually want to now I'm here but there's no way I physically could - why doesn't anyone (other than N) understand?

Also cause of my gallbladder/ibs/mystery condition again I'm pretty restricted in what I can eat not much cheese/no fried food etc so the first day here we went out for lunch and got... chips. So I couldn't have any. Then after everyone else had eaten we went to get my ski stuff and nick's dad decided we all had to go out skiing, so I ended up having to ask Nick on his own if I was ok to get some lunch, so ended up eating food I didnt like, on my own at 3pm instead of with everyone else at 12. Then an other day I had 2 tiny slices of bread, 1 slice of tomato and 1/4 of an apple for lunch because thats all I could eat since they decided we were all staying in to have bread and cheese. We've had another 2 dinners in since then and another 1 lunch and 1 dinner had everything fried in olive oil, one I got 1/5 of a 10 egg omelette with a couple of mushrooms and nothing else (It was smaller than a normal slice of pizza), for lunch they bought me tuna since I cant have the cheese and bought tuna in oil. We had lunch out yesterday for my birthday and were going to get waffles but they only had nutella or sugar as toppings so I asked nick if he'd mind us getting a crepe instead since it sounded a bit sickly sweet for me and his dad moaned about that too (even though only me and Nick were going, they were in too much of a rush to go back out skiing to come with us)

And then yesterday for my birthday they were going to buy me a cake and forgot so they told me and nick we could get something for everyone today. We went in to the little bakery and got a chocolate tart since a big cake seemed a bit nicer than 5 little ones only to be told off for getting the one I wanted since nick's dad doesnt like chocolate and had said earlier to nick's mum he wanted a lemon tart. And didnt bother to tell us. How were we meant to know?

Really want to hide in my room and cry. Or preferably just be at home away from his dad.

This all sounds pretty irrelevant compared to other people's problems but I really don't have anyone else to vent to.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Katie that sounds awful, I can totally understand how all the little things get on top of you. Especially when you can't really get away from it. How long are you there for? *squishes*

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

*major squishes*
    Yeah it's all just building up and then I don't feel like I can talk to Nick about it properly cause like you said, we're pretty much stuck here and its his family!

2 more sleeps. Should be landing in Edinburgh at 5.15pm on Saturday, I'm practically counting the seconds.
    If it wasn't so hard to get back to the airport I think I'd already have left but being poor I don't have €660 for a taxi.

The other thing is cause everyone else is in classes I spend every morning in the apartment on my own. With nothing to do. Sigh.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I wish a family would adopt me for Christmas :/