Thread: Shout It Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlu View Post
    I'm getting so frustrated about my eating problems at the moment. I have sensory problems especially in taste, smell and touch and if anything has a texture I don't like it only takes one crunch on it or one taste before my gag reflex kicks in, and although I can manage to swallow my mouthful with trouble I can't even look at the rest of the meal/section of meal without feeling sick. I couldn't even watch my friend eat this cheese, tomato and mayonnaise wrap while we were away. I wouldn't mind that much if it didn't just look like me being a fussy eater, and the comments about my habits make it worse. It's down right humiliating, can't have dinner at people's houses, have some trouble out for meals, hate cooking for someone else. Had significant trouble while away for a job... even food I kinda like the taste of like ham and mushrooms can do it, sometimes I'm fine but sometimes my gag reflex will kick in anyway. I am at the end of my tether and have no idea how to fix this, as I'd kinda like to at least appear normal, or even just to stop caring about people's opinions.
    That much be so hard to live with :(

No medical help/support for it?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I vaguely spoke to my nurse who sorts out all my other problems last time, she gave me some sheets on sensory processing disorder but I think she said I might not be able to get any therapy for it as I'm an adult now and it can't be diagnosed as a separate condition in adults, especially since it often comes hand it hand with ADHD and more commonly Autism. If I can get my funding problem fixed for my next appointment in october I'm gonna beg for help if I have to. All I can think of that could help would be hypnotherapy (not even sure on that one tbh) or some way to numb my throat and tongue, which could probs be dangerous if I actually choked on something...
    25mm Lobe x2, 10mm Helix, 8mm Septum, 8mm Conch, 4mm Conch
    4mm Tragus, 3.2mm Tragus, 2.4mm Scaffold, 2.4mm Lip x5, 2.4mm Vertical Nipple, 2mm Cheeks
    1.6mm Nostrils, Helix, Daith, Bridge, Navel, Rook, Snug

Quote Originally Posted by Carlu View Post
    I vaguely spoke to my nurse who sorts out all my other problems last time, she gave me some sheets on sensory processing disorder but I think she said I might not be able to get any therapy for it as I'm an adult now and it can't be diagnosed as a separate condition in adults, especially since it often comes hand it hand with ADHD and more commonly Autism. If I can get my funding problem fixed for my next appointment in october I'm gonna beg for help if I have to. All I can think of that could help would be hypnotherapy (not even sure on that one tbh) or some way to numb my throat and tongue, which could probs be dangerous if I actually choked on something...
    That so annoying they can't focus on it. Bit like my son, he has ASD and a large part of it can be audio-sensory problems but due to funding cuts we no longer have a therapist in this town that deals with it for adults or children anymore. I'll soon be looking into private if I can find someone in this area :/
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    That so annoying they can't focus on it. Bit like my son, he has ASD and a large part of it can be audio-sensory problems but due to funding cuts we no longer have a therapist in this town that deals with it for adults or children anymore. I'll soon be looking into private if I can find someone in this area :/
    ASD is a massive struggle on that side, my brother is autistic and apart from him also having bad eating habits the biggest struggle is certain noises. He cannot stand babies crying or screaming. We used to put ear defenders from B&Q on him which was fine, he had some at school too, but now we bought him some over the ear headphones and put some mario theme tunes on an mp3 player for him, the only issue now is that he keeps trying to sneak the volume up too loud and can't hear us, and we worry it might damage his hearing in the long run... :/
    25mm Lobe x2, 10mm Helix, 8mm Septum, 8mm Conch, 4mm Conch
    4mm Tragus, 3.2mm Tragus, 2.4mm Scaffold, 2.4mm Lip x5, 2.4mm Vertical Nipple, 2mm Cheeks
    1.6mm Nostrils, Helix, Daith, Bridge, Navel, Rook, Snug

I know I've posted so much about my health problems and everyone's probably sick of hearing about it but it's ruining my life and I just need to vent.
    I've been sick for five months with no diagnosis in sight. I've been dealing with stomach problems, feeling like I can't breath, feeling dizzy/faint, having no appetite, and much more. It has absolutely taken my life away from me. I'm only 21 years old... I always go stay with my mom so I can spend time with her, my sister, and my niece every summer. This summer I didn't get to do that and it's been six months since I've seen any of them. My dog lives there to and it breaks my heart that I haven't been able to see him. At this point I'm worried I won't even be able to spend Thanksgiving or Christmas with anyone. I can't spend time with my boyfriend, and forget about seeing friends. I have class twice a week and most of the time I can't even go.

The symptoms come and go but every time they come back my mental state gets worse. Honestly sometimes I think that if they're not going to diagnose it I'd rather just die from it because this is no way to live.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Scarred_pierced

I feel like I can't cope anymore, I've been making out everything is okay for so long now, it's just come to a head. I have been through so much crap and dealt with so much with barely any help if any at all, I don't want people pity me or congratulate me but I want people to at least understand I'm not just a silly little girl with a temper.
    I should not be treated like I am worthless or disposable, nor should I be spoken down to yet day in day out that is how I am treated, by everyone. I'm so sick of it. I also sick of pushing everyone away but I can't deal with anything anymore, I can't face being close to people, I can't even face how I really feel about everything.
    I really hate myself and I just need to get this off my chest before I explode or worse.

what does that even MEAN?!!
    GAH!

why do you have to make things difficult?
    Just...wow.

I guess I'll never be happy. It's honestly not even my fault.
    Last edited by Drynwhyl; 09-18-2012 at 06:51 PM.

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

This 'problem' is really pathetic but I need to get it out somewhere that no one I know in real life can see.

I hate feeling like such an outsider all the time, but I can't stand most of the people my age because most of them are shallow, immature idiots. I have several friends here, but there are only a few I'm super comfortable with and I find it almost impossible to form new friendships. I don't know if it's because I'm reserved around people I don't know or if it's because I'm just uninteresting and annoying. This is something I've felt pretty crappy about the past couple years of college since I settled down and stopped partying all the time, but it's only gotten worse because the guy I'm pretty much with now is super friendly and well liked by everyone. I'd rather be with someone everyone gets along with as opposed to someone no one likes, but it just makes me feel like such a loser when we're around others and no one talks to me where as it's super easy for him to have conversation and laughs with anyone. I would make an effort to reach out more, but every time I do I regret it because I don't feel like anyone cares about me or what I have to say. This only further convinces me that there's something wrong with me and I retreat even further into my shell. *sigh*
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Things arent great at the moment. I find so many things hard and I have no social life because my social skills are just awful and i cant really hold a conversation for more than a few minutes. I have people trying to help me but all they seem to ask is 'Why do you find these situations hard?'. And the answer is that I just dont know! Sometimes I wish I had someone to talk to that isnt a family member/authority figure and doesnt think they know better than I do about whats best for me.

Rant over.
    Last edited by Nomos; 09-26-2012 at 05:43 PM.
    Piercings (some retired) - Septum, nose, double eyebrow, left tragus, left nipple, lip, rook, left lobe and multiple cartalidge.
    - Tattoo of a fantasy style sword on my calf
    - Raven perched on pocket watch tattoo on my right arm
    - Evil skeletal jester on the other calf
    Here's to love, the sickness
    The great martyr of the soul
    Here's to life, the vice
    The great herald of misery

I dont mean to dump my problems on you guys, its just been a bad week and I needed to let it out.
    Piercings (some retired) - Septum, nose, double eyebrow, left tragus, left nipple, lip, rook, left lobe and multiple cartalidge.
    - Tattoo of a fantasy style sword on my calf
    - Raven perched on pocket watch tattoo on my right arm
    - Evil skeletal jester on the other calf
    Here's to love, the sickness
    The great martyr of the soul
    Here's to life, the vice
    The great herald of misery