Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: School and piercings!!! Not a gd combination!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default School and piercings!!! Not a gd combination!!!

Why do schools have to be so evil when it comes to piercings?

Do they think we get them for free? lol Nar we have to pay for them (for any teachers who have lost their way and are on this website) I lost one of my top ear piercings because of school, i was proper gutted. Now this is gonna sound immature but neva mind! I think the teachers need to get into the modern day and i find it really, really annoying when teachers come to school with nose studs and 5 earings in each ear when we are only allowed one stud or ring in each ear, and NO other piercings!!!

My school says always stand up for what is right even if your standing alone and i'm gonna take that advice and use it wisely in school. I know i probly sound like a knob but i don't see why me having payed £200 on piercings should have to take them out and i just want to know other peoples oppions on what they think schools should do about piercing.

Thxs for reading this people!!! But i aint throwing away any more of my money because the school don't like them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by losthighway
    Why do schools have to be so evil when it comes to piercings?
    Safety would be number one reason, I would have thought.

However, I do think teachers should stick to the same rules, they did have to at my schools; only studs allowed in lobe piercings. That applied to absolutely anyone in the school.

Also you do know before you get a piercing that your school are going to make you take the jewellery out, so it's not exactly a suprise. There's plenty of time to get piercings later on, there's no hurry!

Quote Originally Posted by Rox
    Safety would be number one reason, I would have thought.
    Exactly.
    Current: 2 x Side Lip, Tongue-Web, Vertical Labret, Auricle, Pinna,
    Want: Lower Back Surface,

Retired:
    Snakebites, Smiley x 2 (to be redone), Navel (to be redone?)

BJS' Resident Fan-Boy
    Proud Owner of a black'n'blue straight-jacket by Debbie!
    Pimped by Eroinside!

Vyx's adopted little brother!

I agree with Roxy...

Put it this way - someone gets pissed off with you and sees you with your shiny new piercing. The first thing they will do is try to rip it out... young people can be right nasty when they want to.
    Piercings: 7 - PA (8mm), Both Nipples(4mm, 3.2mm), Lorum, Amp, 2xPinna
    Tattoos: 4 - Trojan Helmet and a swirly thing on my arse (among others)

Lord of the Rings

i agree, most piercings cant be considered a safety hazard and they dont distract people from learning, we dont go to school by choice we have to go there so surely they cant tell us what we can and cant decorate ourselves with? they also add that what we do in our own time is up to us...well yeah, in our own time we get pierced, and it was up to us, so surely they should have no problem with it? its not like we're setting up piercing studio's in the middle of a lesson
    *screams* hello!

i have....2 lobes(8mm), 2nd lobe on my left ear (soon to be an orbital), a helix, a septum and a navel

www.myspace.com/hyena_on_speed

Junior Member .Forget.This.Soul.'s Avatar

None of the teachers in my school mind about piercings, appart from the new Deputy Head (Who looks like Rimmer from Red Dwarf Lol.)
    So, our little group go out and get pierced just to really piss him off, my latest was my lip, and he hates it

Senior Member KissMe,ImContagious's Avatar

well its the same reason why we have uniform aint it, and no jewellery

because its a fashion statement, which can cause bullying, provoke fights, ect

its just pretty much uniform, some kids cant afford real decent clothes so they could get bullied, or some kid might buy some new clothes that are super expensive, and ruin them with paint or something and hold the school reliable.
    Eyebrow piercings can be a piercing for one group of people, lip piercings for another, conflict between two groups

that is why my good friend.

But still. im agaisnt school uniform, even if you do get bullied for what you wear, it happens, it snot the end of the world, just gott alive withit, i had to. i turned out fine?
    Piercings:
    12mm lobes, snakebite
    http://www.myspace.com/areyouoffit

Quote Originally Posted by KissMe,ImContagious
    well its the same reason why we have uniform aint it, and no jewellery

because its a fashion statement, which can cause bullying, provoke fights, ect

its just pretty much uniform, some kids cant afford real decent clothes so they could get bullied, or some kid might buy some new clothes that are super expensive, and ruin them with paint or something and hold the school reliable.
    Eyebrow piercings can be a piercing for one group of people, lip piercings for another, conflict between two groups

that is why my good friend.

But still. im agaisnt school uniform, even if you do get bullied for what you wear, it happens, it snot the end of the world, just gott alive withit, i had to. i turned out fine?
    So you are saying that if people are allowed piercings they will form into piercing groups depending on what type of piercing they have and start conflicts?

Quote Originally Posted by frankenstein
    So you are saying that if people are allowed piercings they will form into piercing groups depending on what type of piercing they have and start conflicts?
    I don't think she means everyone, I think she's implying the people who just get piercings to be fashionable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth
    I didn't wear any retainers in any of my facial piercings today.. nothing was said...

FEEL THE POWER!!!

sorry...
    I FEEL THE POWER!!!

I never take mine out either, I know it's a big difference seeing as yours are on your face but my school is stricter
    25mm Lobe x2, 10mm Helix, 8mm Septum, 8mm Conch, 4mm Conch
    4mm Tragus, 3.2mm Tragus, 2.4mm Scaffold, 2.4mm Lip x5, 2.4mm Vertical Nipple, 2mm Cheeks
    1.6mm Nostrils, Helix, Daith, Bridge, Navel, Rook, Snug

Every one so far appears to be taking what most teachers say on face value, which is in essence said to justify a totalitarian regime with liberalistic propaganda.

Schools are loosely run on the same basis as the army, to keep discipline:

1. School Uniform

2. Restricted haircuts

3. Control of movement (you must go out side during brake, you must be at this class at this time)

4. Restriction of what jewelry can be worn (including piercing)

5. Only calling the teachers sir/miss or there second name (imagine what a teacher would say if you told them you would only respond if they called you sir)

6. Imprisonment if you disobey any of these rules (detention)

The entire system is set up so you conform, it makes you do so many things their way that people only quibble and moan about the little things. Schools treat students like they are peasants which need to be controlled to prevent them rebelling.

I don't think this is unique to just schools though, communities like to preserve the norm, look what happened to the guy/girl who quibbled about the no "adult" pictures rule. I didn't agree with what they had to say. However rather than tackling what they said people went after them as a person i.e. attacking their inability to spelling and calling them names.

[Just as interesting side note. I went back to look to check to see if it was guy or a gal but they seemed to be completely asexual. Yet every one seemed to assume it was a chap. Perhaps people feel happier attacking a man.]

Bullies pick on soft targets, that is all to do with personality and nothing to do with wether you can or can't afford a piece of clothing. Its an unpleasant truth that people who get bullied rarely deserve it but frequently are responsible for it.

Page 1 of 28 1234567891011 ... LastLast