Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: School and piercings!!! Not a gd combination!!!

At my school we are allowed 1 pair of earring in your ears, the rule was changed from saying silver or gold after i pleaded with the head to change the rules to try stop people from only getting their ears gunned.

however our new deputy head has changed the rules back to siler or gold studs which i intend to complain about as i think that plain studs should be allowed especially as they ban rings and barbells ( trying to get them to allow short barbells).

I also often get told to remove my earrings or cover them with tape if i forget to leave only 1 pair in which i think is fair enough however i was recently told to 'remove that stud from your ear' when i asked which one i was told the one at the top as that didn't count as my ear. I then refused to take it out as she herself has referred to it as my ear before telling me that it was not part of my ear. I have also been told to remove my bananabar as it was not school uniform which i also refused to do on the grounds that it can only be seen when i change for P.E and staff shouldn't be looking at me get changed anyway.

I'm now trying to convince my head and deputy heads that we should be allowed to have any plain studs or barbells in our ears as this doesn't distract from learning purposes or lead to bullying and at east allow us to have as many facial piercings as we liked provided they are covered with tape.
    Retired: Right ear 4th hole, Nostril right side x 2, Helix left ear, Christina , Naval

Current: Lobes x5 left ear Lobes x3 right ear, Reverse navel, Helix left ear x2, Tragus right ear , Nostril left and right, Septum, Tongue, Horizontal Left Nipple, Lip right side, Lip left side, Vertical Right Nipple, Beginnings of an MD chest corset x4

Want: Scaffold right ear, 2x MD's in the dimples in my back, Medusa

Maybe: Monroe, Eyebrow left side

I'm surprised that your average non-pierced teacher would be able to tell the difference between a silver stud and a silver-coloured barbell in your ear!
    DISCLAIMER: Any advice given is from PERSONAL experience unless stated otherwise, and should not be seen as encouragement to perform any acts of stupidity.

Past - 6 in each earlobe, double helixes, lip, double tongue, both nipples, 2x navel, eyebrow, cheek, tragus

Present - 2x earlobe, rook, 3x VCH, 2.4mm tongue, daith, nose, conch

Proud owner of a lilac velvet corset with dark purple lace edging and black laces up the back, made by Pagan Debbie

My old school used to allow one pair of lobe piercings on girls, and nothing on lads (which was slightly weird).
    Even more odd, was that once people went too far with the huge hoop earrings, they banned them altogether!

One girl kicked off with the head teacher over her tongue piercing once.
    All hail my lovely conch! [23.06.06]

Pfffft,get it done and cover it up,
    wear your hair down, smaller studs etc.
    I got away with having my lip pierced and stuff at school.

I think we had a just one pair of studs and no other visible piercings rule.
    Although most people had facial piercings that the teachers got used to.. except for a few that you had to hide them from.
    I got my nose done a couple of months before I left and I wore tape over it for the first few weeks and after everyone knew it was there, I could openly wear it without them bothering to tell me off.
    Lucy...

...In The Sky...

...With Diamonds
    Free your feet and your mind will follow..

Only a couple of teachers seem to really care about my piercings, a couple every now and then for some reason tell me off about them even though I was talking to them yesterday...
    They are easy to get around though.

We were allowed some piercings at our school just aslong as no rings were involved. But one day I decided to wear a ring in my lip and it got noticed. I got sent to the principals office but i refused to take it out and he sent me home! it was in the morning too so i got a day off school haha!

My school has rules...Not that they stick to um like.
    Chavs walk round with huge hoops in their ears , they have big slits in their lobes coz of the weight of them :|
    Most pierced people in my school are year 11's, they don't get asked to take their jewellery out, they have lip piercings, PA's , tunnels, septum etc etc but my year are only allowed 1 set of studs, not me , The only thing i hate is not being able to be myself, i love to be different than everyone else , My teacher wanted me to take my tunnels out for pe and i said no and she got really mad and i stated she had studs in her ears and asked her to take them out coz she was doing pe, and she took um out.

We're not allowed to wear trainers either, iv'e had 7 letters home about mine, I ignored them and still wear them and head of year doesnt care now, he just looks at me in disgust everytime i walk past, I got detention for wearing my C.O.F top under my shirt and he tried to get me to take it off....Didnt happen lol.

And as for uniform....Why don't teachers wear uniform? They should follow the rules as much as us, they answer their mobiles in lesson and they swear, openly!

I got told to take my anti christ sticker off my planner and take off my black nail varnish.
    In an assembly not long back, we got told to 'Be ourselves' and 'Be individual' How is that possible When we have to go to that Evil Place, be bullied, hated, laughed at and be a slave to the 'education' program.
    Last edited by Neurocancer; 01-04-2007 at 09:32 PM.

All that shines,
    Turns to rust.
    All that stands, in time
    Turns to dust.

Wrexham, North Wales(originally from Faversham, Kent)

You are gonna have the same problem with piercings and being told to take them out, when you get a job. Its just the way the world is. I didn't start getting piercings till my last year in the sixth form. So i never had a a problem at school. Everyone will always judge you on how you look rather than act!
    Current Piercings
    16mm Lobes, 2.4mm Left Nipple, 3 Pinna, Conch, Tragus, Rook and Labret

Lol thats ALWAYS true. My mum stopped me going town with her if i was wearin New Rocks because people stare and make comments. I dont have a clue what i wanna do when i leave school so....:| hmm

All that shines,
    Turns to rust.
    All that stands, in time
    Turns to dust.