Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: School and piercings!!! Not a gd combination!!!

Here in Australia they don't really care about piercings at schools. I'm allowed anything
    4 x Lobe, Left Helix, Left and Right Tragus, Left Nostril, Inverse Navel, Right Nipple, VCH, Christina

Dragon Zodiac (in Chinese Character) Tattoo on my Right Hip

... An owner of a Maroon and Gold fringed straight jacket with Blue edging made by Debbie

hahaha i remember in p.e when we were 15 an the teacher tried to make some dude wash his tattoo off that was hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by dialekt
    hahaha i remember in p.e when we were 15 an the teacher tried to make some dude wash his tattoo off that was hilarious!
    LOL poor guy!
    4 x Lobe, Left Helix, Left and Right Tragus, Left Nostril, Inverse Navel, Right Nipple, VCH, Christina

Dragon Zodiac (in Chinese Character) Tattoo on my Right Hip

... An owner of a Maroon and Gold fringed straight jacket with Blue edging made by Debbie

OMG who dragged this thread up!!!! This was made like last year on my other account which i never use now!!!
    My imature days!!!
    Ears:

-Right Rook, Right Helix, Right Tragus, 2 x lobe in each ear.

- Navel x 2, Nipple, Tongue, Septum

I don't get why everyone always has such beef with uniform. Come on, it's quicker in the morning, you don't have to think. You're in school to learn not to pick up guys. Someone who's really individual will be able to tweak it. I always had my own style, always will do and a uniform doesn't stop that, just limits it.

BTW if you haven't noticed i'm still at school and have never been bullied and i have these piercings 1 tattoo and wear my uniform different because i belong to a group that also does. Everybody is their own person and should be allowed to express themselves in the way they feel like!!!
    You wear your uniform differently BECAUSE you're group does, and yet you're an individual. Interesting. *strokes invisible goatee*

Quote Originally Posted by Cozi
    LOL poor guy!
    lol yeah it was double bad coz it had only just scabbed an bein 15 he found it really hard to find someone to touch it up haha

told him not to get it done

Senior Member quotidianaubergine's Avatar

Just to contribute to this old post...

I recently just quit my Sixth Form. I call it "my sixth form" but it really wasn't, I didn't even go to the lower school so I never felt part of it. Anyway, one of the things that got to me was that they had uniform rules (no demin, no logos, no crazy hair, no shoulders/midriffs/etc showing, no hats or caps, no personality...) believe it or not, for 16-18 year old, middle class, christian people (well most of them - I was the working class atheist! woohoo!).

I don't get it. You couldn't have found more pleasant people anywhere, if anything they were TOO nice, sickly nice. And either way I couldn't find the smallest thing in them that was either individual or interesting, they were all variations of them same robot and it was freaky! They wore the same clothes, had the same hair...

So I didn't get on with them, you know, my slurry accent, weird clothes, strong opinions and general rebellion. They were committed to work. They couldn't have bullied a fly. Why enforce such rules on almost-adults? I know if you work in an office you have to look smart, but this is college - a preparation for university - the most scruffy, skint, mental place you can be.

So anyway, I've transferred colleges to somewhere my old mates go and where you CAN have piercings, pink hair and your boobs hanging out... It wasn't the only reason I left, there were many, like making me - the most loud non-christian in the world - do holy communion...
    WTF is all that about!!!

Yeah, I rambled. Sorry. Jst wanted to know what you think about my crazy situation, and why I wasn't allowed to be who I wanted to be at that stinking place. BTW, it's the 3rd highest achieving school in the whole of Bolton, so bear that in mind too...
    currently: 1st lobes, 2nd lobes, nostril

retired: 1.6mm lobes, 6mm lobes, snug, 2 x helix, septum, 2 x nostril, 5mm lobes, labret, 8mm lobes, left tragus, right conch, right double forward helix

Right to be honest, when i made this thread on my old account i was being so imature!!! I think uniform is actually a good idea to be honest because then you all look the same!
    I don't believe in discrimnation(sp?) against different pupils like there was at my school. Right i had my tongue pierced and so did the girl called Lauren! Anyways a teacher came up to me and said your going to have to take that piercing out and i said i don't think so. Anyways Lauren happened to be in her english class and all she said to her was can i have a look at your tongue please and ow it looks very nice!!! Thats the only problem i have with my school now! Also when she got her back pierced the teacher was fine with it but when i got my tragus done, i was told it wasn't in my ear (the rule is you can have one piercing in each ear, any part of the ear that is). The teacher informed me that it was my face!!
    I was like i think you will find it's part of my ear!!
    Maybe schools shouldn't be allowd piercings but my views on the matter have totally changed!!
    Uniform makes a school look smart, decreases bullying of students that can't afford named brands and makes a school look respectful. Not to mention that when a form or year photo is take it looks so much better when you are all wearing the same clothes!!!
    As for students being allowd piercings, I don't know!!! The thing is, in school piercings can become a fad and for those who can't or don't want them the bullying can comence!!! Also if a fight was to brake out then it could get pretty darn nasty, someone even said to me once "if i ever got into a fight with you the first thing i would do it go for your nipple piercing." lol
    Anyways i kind of didn't conform to the piercing rule in year 10 but kind of did towards the end of year 11, and i realised that its only a few years of your life!! There is plenty of time when you leave!!!
    Ears:

-Right Rook, Right Helix, Right Tragus, 2 x lobe in each ear.

- Navel x 2, Nipple, Tongue, Septum

I recently just quit my Sixth Form. I call it "my sixth form" but it really wasn't, I didn't even go to the lower school so I never felt part of it. Anyway, one of the things that got to me was that they had uniform rules (no demin, no logos, no crazy hair, no shoulders/midriffs/etc showing, no hats or caps, no personality...) believe it or not, for 16-18 year old, middle class, christian people (well most of them - I was the working class atheist! woohoo!).
    It's similar in my sixth form (just finiished...yay!). We had to have school uniform, but it was less restrictive than for the lower school. And there are about half the sixth form who go around meekly looking EXACTLY the same. On trips an out of school functions where there's no uniform they all wear the same clothes, same style. Look like they could be models for New Look. I've never got that personally. Everyone else was quite different,a for example the people I hung out with most, one was very metal head look, one was gothy, one was voguey, one was colourful, one was emo, one was a bit punky, one was just messy, one was very neat, one was all jeans and T-shirt and then there was me, kinda artsy I guess you'd say. I can't get people looking the same as one another. It doesn't make sense.

I don't believe in discrimnation(sp?) against different pupils like there was at my school. Right i had my tongue pierced and so did the girl called Lauren! Anyways a teacher came up to me and said your going to have to take that piercing out and i said i don't think so. Anyways Lauren happened to be in her english class and all she said to her was can i have a look at your tongue please and ow it looks very nice!!!
    Yeah, that I hate. It's like half the lower sixth go around in skirts you can call belts, with their noses pierced, one had a labret in. And yet I got told off when I'd left the school and was just coming in for exams because I had my nose pierced.

youre lucky! at my school we're not allowed ANY kind of jewellry let alone earrings lol!