Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: School and piercings!!! Not a gd combination!!!

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

I have to get in on this discussion because i think that it is really relevant. Some schools enforce really strict regulations around apperance etc and others are quite loose. The argumenet that enforcing uniform to prevent bullies is totall and utter guff.
    Bullies will pick on people for how they look not what they wear, for example i have dimples on my nose which lead to years of hell from liitle bullies - until i became taller than them and developed a sarcastic vocabulary hehe - and as for seperating the rich from the poor - rich kid has ipod and gets picked up by mummy in car, poor kid walks home in the rain.
    Kids need to develope a sense of individuality but not at the expense of others , it also opens up the debate on religious/ethnic grounds so i think that they should be allowed to have percings but only if they are the legal age muahahahahaha.
    See, i should totally rule the world! :twisted:
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

Sorry - I disagree and your post makes the point even more.

Kids pick on the easiest thing to find fault with. By eliminating the school uniform issue because everyone is in the same kit they look else where... eg your dimples....(I bet they look cute!)

Kids are generally bastards... sad, but true... if they learnt respect earlier they would be less likely to bully.
    Piercings: 7 - PA (8mm), Both Nipples(4mm, 3.2mm), Lorum, Amp, 2xPinna
    Tattoos: 4 - Trojan Helmet and a swirly thing on my arse (among others)

Lord of the Rings

I think we should be allowed to wear jewellery to school, When i was in primary school i was allowed studs or rings in my ears as long as the ring only fit my little finger in the hole of the ring otherwise it was too big, So wen i was young and more at risk of having my earrings ripped out of me i was more trusted than i am now and am now less at risk of having them ripped out, Also accourding my school for being what they would call alternative i should be punished which i think is absolute crap,Also i was asked how i dressed out side school, the man was basically taking the p*** saying to me 'oh so you dress how you like then yes? you don't belong to any crowd' with his silly 'ha' at the end, fair enough i understand that we are not allowed to wear it, but why are the teachers allowed to wear earings etc..
    I think the rules are silly, they should be more concered if we are acctually learning, not more concerned about how the appearnce of the school comes accross to the public.

Well, when i first went into school and up untill last year we could wear wha we want. (this caused grouping obvously, but not my point) It seemed 2 me that the pple who wanted 2 grow their hair long, where interesting cloths and want piercings were were responsible and well educated. Where as the kids that wanted 2 wear traksuits and cut theres hair short were the total bastards that would make fun of everyone around then and be totally unrespetfull. Now since ive been out of school (i have agorephobia and have not been abke 2 go 2 school for the past 8 mounths) the school has instigated a school uniform (black sweatshirt, black trousers, ect) and the situation hasnt changed from what i hear. The bullying types have still worn what they did before but everyone else has worn the uniform. The pple are still bullied and the bullies still exist. Cloths and piercings will not stop you being bullied. And in my oppinion being bullied cause you choose 2 wear your hair long for me is much better than being bullied for something you cant change (eg dmples on noses)

I do understand about safety and in some cases (eg P.E.) then yes piercing should be restricted 2 a stud (not removed) But if you make everyone wear a uniform what are they gonna be like on the street when they meet someone with blue hair and a face full of metal Individuallity for me is better than everyone looking and acting the same.

i voted no, agreeing with some others. Kids are nasty ! They'll pull em ! I warn ye !

surely if schools want to promote letting people look how they want without discriminating then they should allow you to wear what you want rather than trying to make everybody look the same...enforcing a lack of individuality in school just encourages the same behaviour out of school, so when people see individuality out of school, they see it as a bad thing and are against it.
    *screams* hello!

i have....2 lobes(8mm), 2nd lobe on my left ear (soon to be an orbital), a helix, a septum and a navel

www.myspace.com/hyena_on_speed

they shouldn't be allowed for many of the reasons people have posted.

i have been bullied, and then ended up fighting, but not since i got my septum done.

they should be allowed, but only with retainers. If i had my septum hanging out, and some dumb fuck comes up and rips it out, its gonna hurt and disfigure my face, but due to a retainer, it can't be grabbed....

so for retainer, not for jewellery
    \"Leigh\" is no† †he girls way, i†\'s the sophis†icated way!!

i dont think they should, for the reasons that have already been said previously

and put it this way, i wouldnt like to be the one with a fresh piercing then having to do p.e and finding someone else getting caught on it with clothing, hair etc... and having the thing ripped out of its place

and to be honest if i had got my facial piercings done when i was at school there would have been a good chance of something happening to my piercings because everytime i had to do netball i could guarantee the ball would hit me on the head :( *yes i would stand underneath the net* lol
    Sammi x

I do understand all the posts that have been added and in some cases agree with them! What i do not believe is that people who all wear the same uniform tend not to get bullied. This is my eyes is total bull shi*, i know this because bullying goes on all the time in the Pingle School and we all wear the same clothes.
    I beleive that piercings should be allowed in schools and as for the reason that another kid could come up and rip it put, this could happen with 2 drunk men or women in a pub. Obviously people associate kids as being evil when they have a fight but were just like normal people.
    Also piercings should be taken out for pe or i believe covered up. This will decrease the chances of the piercing being ripped out. I do skiing, snowboarding, basket ball and other sports and my piercings have never posed a problem and i don't even cover them up!!!
    Lets face the facts people, more and more kids are experimenting with piercings and some get them just to rebel againt the rules of their school. They are more common and one day i think piercings will be fully accepted in societys eyes and therefore will be allowed in schools. Most kids at my school don't really care what teachers think and just get the piercings anyway, this some of you call disrepectful. But it can't be!!! It's out body to do as we like with. I supose you wouldn't like it if you got a new job and your boss said you can't listern to that sort of music no more or you can't do this in your social life!! It's pathetic and one day i am sure piercings will be accepted!!!

1 tongue,
    1 eyebrow retired,
    1 eyebrow,
    2 forward helixs retired,
    2 helixs retired,
    nipple vertical,
    nipple horizontal,
    tragus,
    helix,
    conch,
    lobe,
    All at 1.6 at the moment!!!

BTW if you haven't noticed i'm still at school and have never been bullied and i have these piercings 1 tattoo and wear my uniform different because i belong to a group that also does. Everybody is their own person and should be allowed to express themselves in the way they feel like!!!

I'm not saying that schools with strict uniform codes don't have bullying.

I'm saying that by taking away the clothing you are wearing as a distinguishing factor between two people then they won't use that as something to bully over.
    Piercings: 7 - PA (8mm), Both Nipples(4mm, 3.2mm), Lorum, Amp, 2xPinna
    Tattoos: 4 - Trojan Helmet and a swirly thing on my arse (among others)

Lord of the Rings