Thread: The "Would This Piercing Suit Me Thread?"

imgur.com/ DpAki0u
    Do you think I have enough cartilage to get a forward helix piercing and a tragus piercing? I measured my tragus and it's around 3-5 mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoww View Post
    imgur.com/ DpAki0u
    Do you think I have enough cartilage to get a forward helix piercing and a tragus piercing? I measured my tragus and it's around 3-5 mm.
    Very hard to tell from that photo, I'd say possibly not to both but seeing a piercer is a must, you'd be going there to get the piercing anyway.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Very hard to tell from that photo, I'd say possibly not to both but seeing a piercer is a must, you'd be going there to get the piercing anyway.
    I'm just afraid that they would pierce me anyway for money, and there is only one piercing studio in my area, so I can't get a second opinion. But thank you for answering!

I'm just afraid that they would pierce me anyway for money, and there is only one piercing studio in my area, so I can't get a second opinion. But thank you for answering!
    You may have to travel to a good piercer but it will be worth it. My piercer wouldn't give me upper conch piercings because of my ear shape, she's not in it for the money, she's just passionate about getting it right. Reputable and caring piercers wouldn't do it if they didn't think it would work, shame there aren't more of them
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Retired......3rd piercings on right and left lobe.
    Rejected......navel piercing
    Now the proud owner of both a left and right tragus piercing.
    Left conch.
    Looking forward to some more Neometal and Industrial Strength earrings.

Then see one out of your area. There's probably 10-15 piercers in my town, I won't go to a single one of them.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I agree to the above. If you need to then you should consider travelling to a good piercer. There are two good piercing shops in my town. The one I choose to get pierced by has turned me down a few times for a piercing because she didn't feel comfortable doing the particular piercing since I wasn't able to get it done or niet in the way I want.
    With one of my industrials this was the case. The way I wanted to get it turned out to be very stressful for my ear. So she advised my against it. We did however find a placement that would suit my ear better and she would be able to do it. Well... With "we" I meant she. I said she was free to look for herself and do it however she thought would be good.

Just make sure you find someone who you can trust, that you like and feel comfortable with. And most importantly someone who can't do anything wrong in your eyes.
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

My current thinking is to finish my right ear off with a Daith (once healed I'd love a large Anatometal cluster, or an opal clicker), and possibly a faux rook or outta conch.

I'd really like to know if anyone has any other suggestions? Due to the shape and how, I guess 'curly', my outta conch is, and lack of any piercable helix, it does't leave me many options - but in case I've overlooked any I would appreciate some external input

If you think this set up would be the best and can't think of anything else, maybe suggest better jewellery for my current piercings? I feel the tragus is slightly too large, and the upper lobe/dimple piercing just doesn't seem how I'd like it to look. So open to suggestions here too

Also, after a failed attempt at stretching my seconds (I didn't like how it ended up aesthetically) I've started the journey to stretch up my firsts. But due to their placement - quite close to my head - I'm not sure how large I could actually go.
    Currently my goal is only 4 or 5mm, and to live with that for a while, but if I'd like to go larger I wonder how big this placement would allow for?

Thanks
    Last edited by ~Nox~; 04-14-2016 at 12:00 AM.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

I'm trying to decide what kind of lip piercing to get. What do you guys think?

Shoot! It didn't post.. Hopefully you guys can tell from my profile picture??? If you can't here is my Instagram haha

https://instagram.com/p/BE0x5X1MXlO/
    Last edited by aussiecollie; 04-30-2016 at 08:20 PM.
    .::Piercings::.

Left ear: lobe, conch. [Want: rook]

Right ear: lobe, tragus, helix. [Want: daith]

Other: nostril. [Want: navel, septum, nipples??]

Retired: helix x3, snug, rook, septum, inverted navel, standard navel, anti-tragus.

**8 Tattoos** [Want: many more!]

I think a central labret in your underlip or a medusa would suit you. Or a vertical labret.
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    I think a central labret in your underlip or a medusa would suit you. Or a vertical labret.
    Damn, that's what I've been debating! I can't decide between a medusa and central labret! It's been a struggle trying to decide to be honest..
    .::Piercings::.

Left ear: lobe, conch. [Want: rook]

Right ear: lobe, tragus, helix. [Want: daith]

Other: nostril. [Want: navel, septum, nipples??]

Retired: helix x3, snug, rook, septum, inverted navel, standard navel, anti-tragus.

**8 Tattoos** [Want: many more!]