Thread: The "Would This Piercing Suit Me Thread?"

I was just curious if anyone has any ideas for piercings that'd look good on me? Everyone I know in real life says no more facial piercings, to just leave it at my eyebrow, but I'm not sure. Plus any suggestions for my ears would be neat, too, though I'll probably wait a while for that so my daith settles.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Rainy_Luna/303685_10150936230504654_374427994_n.jpg

Ignore how pissed my daith looks, it isnt a happy piercing the last few days and I've been babying it to get it to calm down. (I don't always wear silly spiderman earrings, don't worry! LOL)
    img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Rainy_Luna/20120709_001640.jpg
    img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/Rainy_Luna/20120708_183207.jpg

Open to any suggestions. Thanks!

tbh Moonface i think your ears are a difficult shape for many piercings, you could get a conch (on the right i think) or an industrial (on the left) but i think facially you would suit a double nostril and possibly a septum imho.
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Cosmetic tattoos:
    Eyeliner
    Eyebrows (‘retired’)

Hi all,
    I could do with some opinions on my ears please I have big, rather flat ears which definitely limits my options (piercer has ruled out snug, rook, daith in both :( )
    suggestions? I like the look of conch punches, and not averse to maybe getting another scaffold (when this one is healed!)

left ear: helix, 2x lobe 1.6mm 1x lobe 5mm
    right ear: industrial, 1x lobe 1.6mm, 1x lobe 5mm
    nostril x 2, side lip, septum, cheek MD, inverse navel

retired piercings: 1x navel, 2x nipple, smiley, 2 x helix, tragus

tattoos-5, more planned

Shame cos your daith's look piercable to me! But I'm no professional! Outer conch, inner conch, anti tragus, traguses or a double if possible?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoneer View Post
    tbh Moonface i think your ears are a difficult shape for many piercings, you could get a conch (on the right i think) or an industrial (on the left) but i think facially you would suit a double nostril and possibly a septum imho.
    I've never heard they were a difficult shape, that's interesting. My piercer says I'm suited to rooks and daiths.. and he said something else but that one slipped my mind.

Reading this thread has made me think septums might suit everyone though, but it's still neat to hear one might suit me too, haha. They're interesting.

'...there are more jewellery options for a labret.' true. hmm. i think i may just get a normal labret and see how it looks and decide whether i'd suit a vert.

I am uber excited now!
    Yay, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    TP you have the best ideas!
    Hehe xD
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Quote Originally Posted by Moonface View Post
    I've never heard they were a difficult shape, that's interesting. My piercer says I'm suited to rooks and daiths.. and he said something else but that one slipped my mind.

Reading this thread has made me think septums might suit everyone though, but it's still neat to hear one might suit me too, haha. They're interesting.
    I'm no pro so i could be totally wrong but i was just looking for obvious anatomy to pierce and the outside ridge was the most obvious, the internal cartilage didn't look pronounced to me (other than the daith which you already have). I certainly didn't mean any offence. Yes septums suit a lot of people but i think they are a good facial one to start with as well because you can wear them up or down and then decide from then if you feel comfortable with more facial piercings imho.

Also looking again you could have a tragus on either side.
    Last edited by Dungeoneer; 07-10-2012 at 06:45 PM.
    Piercings:

Retired:

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    GITS Neck Ports

Cosmetic tattoos:
    Eyeliner
    Eyebrows (‘retired’)

I am lucky i have very pronounced anatomy in my ears and detached lobes so i can get virtually any ear piercing. I'm just moving on to visible facial piercings soon! (other than my retired eyebrow).
    Piercings:

Retired:

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    GITS Neck Ports

Cosmetic tattoos:
    Eyeliner
    Eyebrows (‘retired’)

Quote Originally Posted by laurahair View Post
    Hi all,
    I could do with some opinions on my ears please I have big, rather flat ears which definitely limits my options (piercer has ruled out snug, rook, daith in both :( )
    suggestions? I like the look of conch punches, and not averse to maybe getting another scaffold (when this one is healed!)
    yeah shame about the daith, defo a conch! and anti-tragus is a great idea (Hazel), you could maybe get a forward helix in there too.
    Piercings:

Retired:

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    GITS Neck Ports

Cosmetic tattoos:
    Eyeliner
    Eyebrows (‘retired’)

I'm no pro so i could be totally wrong but i was just looking for obvious anatomy to pierce and the outside ridge was the most obvious, the internal cartilage didn't look pronounced to me (other than the daith which you already have). I certainly didn't mean any offence. Yes septums suit a lot of people but i think they are a good facial one to start with as well because you can wear them up or down and then decide from then if you feel comfortable with more facial piercings imho.

Also looking again you could have a tragus on either side.
    Oh, No offense taken! It could be the angle I took the photo at too, ears are tricky to get good pictures of. I think I like the idea of another facial piercing(or two), so i might seriously consider a septum... (I'm just so used to hearing my friends say "Nawww you'd look dumb with anything else!" *eyeroll*). Thanks