Thread: The "Would This Piercing Suit Me Thread?"

I was so confused about what it was called because I went in and asked for a forward helix and the piercer had never heard of it =/ She told me the area of your ear called the daith runs from that bit inside your ear where the ring sits like in this one: piercingshq.com/wp-content/uploads/images/d1.jpg (and I'm assuming the image in your post as well although my computer won't load it >_>) and finishes at the top of your ear above the rook, closest to your head if that makes sense. Anyway, the piercer I went to for the second opinion after it started growing a hypertrophic scar also called it my daith. I'll stick with forward helix, since that's what I have seen everywhere else, but anyway, he said he would place it differently if I went back to him to have it done as he was able to see the bar through the front of my ear.

Do you think the double conch piercing (anatomy permitting) would look ok with the forward helix piercing if I decide to have that redone?

What you had is a forward helix, what I have above is a daith, very different tbh and yep the link you posted is a daith, 2 totally different piercings. You'd do well not to go back to that 1st piercer as she sounds like she doesn't have much of an idea of anatomy.

I think it will look great with a fwd helix
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Awesome, thanks

I love my Daith! always playin about with it lol.

gonna go get my piercings today me thinks. but i was checking last night and i'd need a huge ring to be able to do the orbital so i may give that one a miss... but still a few hours to go so i might work something out!
    The book of face!
    Ears: (Left)12mm tunnel with 1.3mm lobe orbital, daith, 2 helix, (right) 6mm tunnel, 2mm segment ring, tragus, anti-tragus and conch.
    Facial: Tongue, labret and septum.
    Retired: forward pinna, tongue (yes i had it done twice)

Morning one and all

Got my piercings!!!! I shall try get some pics up later for people
    The book of face!
    Ears: (Left)12mm tunnel with 1.3mm lobe orbital, daith, 2 helix, (right) 6mm tunnel, 2mm segment ring, tragus, anti-tragus and conch.

Morning one and all

Quote Originally Posted by Gingimaru View Post
    I love my Daith! always playin about with it lol.

gonna go get my piercings today me thinks. but i was checking last night and i'd need a huge ring to be able to do the orbital so i may give that one a miss... but still a few hours to go so i might work something out!
    I love mine too, you can always get custom made jewellery/get a piercer to bend/custom fit stuff for you. Can't wait to see pics!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46253632@N03/5580389050/
    My new anti tragus piercing

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46253632@N03/5579801545/
    and my new helix piercing. its the lowest of the two. i've decided on an orbital for that one.

and on that last photo you see the tunnel orbital? i'm going to stretch the lobe to a 6mm and have a BCR going through both tunnels
    The book of face!

Morning one and all

@LauraGraham: Yeah I think bridge and microdermals under your eyes would look great!

Do you think I could/should add another helix piercing under the double? and would adding a rook be too much?

and then should I copy all that over to the left? (just has the 3 lobies) I kind of like the non-symmetry, plus I sleep on my left usually, but my left is looking quite naked.
    Last edited by kitebunny; 04-02-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: better pic
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I would get the rook!