Thread: Rate the last film you watched!

Quote Originally Posted by catface View Post
    This is one of my all time favourite films!
    Really? It's one of those I enjoyed, but i'm not sure i'd want to watch it again kinda thing. I feel the same way about several of Gosling's films though, except maybe Fracture and Half Nelson.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    Really? It's one of those I enjoyed, but i'm not sure i'd want to watch it again kinda thing. I feel the same way about several of Gosling's films though, except maybe Fracture and Half Nelson.
    Yeah, I saw it twice at the cinema and then as soon as it came out on DVD I bought it and have watched it multiple times since. I used to listen to the soundtrack constantly. I just think Gosling has been really underrated as an actor for years (I found an old status on my Facebook the other day saying that from about 2009 ha!) I think I've seen all of his films (I think The Place Beyond The Pines is the only one I haven't seen yet) and that's definitely up there as one of my favourites. Probably along with Lars and the Real Girl and Half Nelson.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Lars and The Real Girl was ... weird ... but surprisingly good. Surprising to me anyway, I read the cover and just though "whut?" :P very very good film though.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by catface View Post
    Yeah, I saw it twice at the cinema and then as soon as it came out on DVD I bought it and have watched it multiple times since. I used to listen to the soundtrack constantly. I just think Gosling has been really underrated as an actor for years (I found an old status on my Facebook the other day saying that from about 2009 ha!) I think I've seen all of his films (I think The Place Beyond The Pines is the only one I haven't seen yet) and that's definitely up there as one of my favourites. Probably along with Lars and the Real Girl and Half Nelson.
    Don't get me wrong, I do like him as an actor, and agree with you actually about him being underrated. All I can imagine if full screen, that must've been quite bloody, I was a bit surprised actually by how graphic it was. Lars and the real girl is on my to-watch, has been for a while. Looks like it'd be as weird as Eagle vs Shark.
    I really don't watch enough films!
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Insidious 2 - 7/10 was ok
    Piercings (some retired) - Septum, nose, double eyebrow, left tragus, left nipple, lip, rook, left lobe and multiple cartalidge.
    - Tattoo of a fantasy style sword on my calf
    - Raven perched on pocket watch tattoo on my right arm
    - Evil skeletal jester on the other calf
    Here's to love, the sickness
    The great martyr of the soul
    Here's to life, the vice
    The great herald of misery

So it was a choice between coursework or a film. Film won.
    The Hobbit: An unexpected journey.
    I expected to hate this, because I've read a lot of bad reviews. I didn't, at all. It's inevitable really for me to compare it to the book, The Hobbit is the first and only Tolkien book I have read (I do intend to remedy that), and I really enjoyed it. There's a lot of (unnecessary IMO) detail added to the films, but I can overlook that. Much like LOTR it is beautifully filmed, though a little too CGI reliant for my liking, but that's the nature of the genre. And the casting choices just work. Thorin I really thought wouldn't work, but he does, brilliantly, and Martin freeman is, well, Martin Freeman. Nuff said. 8/10.
    4 tattoos.

Facebook

Unknown (2006) - 9/10
    Devil - 8/10
    Elevator - 7/10
    Treasure Planet - 9/10
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Cloud Atlas 5/10 Disappointingly confusing.

I just ....... what? I understood the underlying situation (I think) in that I got the fact that it all happened over centuries, and I have the different bits in the right order, but as for how the sequences/characters link from one situation to the next ............. not a clue. No idea whatsoever. The only link I saw was the birthmark (ok and the letters and the journal but they're objects), and that doesn't explain anything or help in any way. Also found it hard to understand some of what they were saying at some points (the sections where Tom Hanks has facial tattoos) because they'd evolved the language into some sort of patois.

Watchable, but I'm going to have to go and read the wiki then probably watch it again to make sense of it.

VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Cloud Atlas 5/10 Disappointingly confusing.

I just ....... what? I understood the underlying situation (I think) in that I got the fact that it all happened over centuries, and I have the different bits in the right order, but as for how the sequences/characters link from one situation to the next ............. not a clue. No idea whatsoever. The only link I saw was the birthmark (ok and the letters and the journal but they're objects), and that doesn't explain anything or help in any way. Also found it hard to understand some of what they were saying at some points (the sections where Tom Hanks has facial tattoos) because they'd evolved the language into some sort of patois.

Watchable, but I'm going to have to go and read the wiki then probably watch it again to make sense of it.
    I fell asleep watching this much to Darren's disappointment because he really rated this film. I enjoyed what I saw but I got a little confused too. I am going to give it another go when I have 3 and a bit hours to spare!
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Glad it's not just me

VCH, 5mm tongue