Thread: Rate the last film you watched!

Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King
    10/10

The virgin suicides-8/10
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

The Hunger Games 9/10
    Bonjour I'm Kym(oomoo)

Piercings

|Lobes 14mm||Left Conch||Snakebites|Monroe||Left Eyebrow Diver|
    |Philturm
    ||Septum 1.6mm||4mm right lobe|

Ink

|14 all together||Lower right arm becoming half sleeve|

The Vow -9/10
    The Woman in Black - 10/10
    Gone - 10/10
    Project X - 8/10
    The Sitter - 9/10

It was the final destination 5 (or something). It was silly but i find the fake looking splatters funny

Leap year. Pretty predictable story, let's face it, typical rom-com. Considering I was in a mushy mood though, it was endearing. 7/10.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

21 Jump Street
    8/10 it was very funny and i'd suggest everyone to go give it a watch!

The Hunger Games, 9/10
    It is really good but I read the book first so I was kind of disappointed at some of the things that they have missed out in the film. However, still a very good film worth watching.
    Piercings: Spider bites, left Nipple, 32mm Left Lobe With 3.2mm Second Lobe, 22mm Right Lobe With 3.2mm Second Lobe, Tongue, 3.2mm Septum, Left Tragus, Left Forward Pinna, PA and Scrotum.

Want: Rook On Left Ear, Snug On Right Ear, Anti Tragus On Right Ear, Outer Conch, 5mm Septum, 5mm PA.

Tattoos: Nan On My Neck With Dove And Clouds, Two Pacman Ghosts (Inky and Clyde) With A Heart Between Them On My Ribs And Japanese Demon Mask On Each Thigh.

Want: Lots

Abduction. 5/10 . Could have been a decent film if it had decent actors. Lautner looks like a llama

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IamMooMoo View Post
    The Hunger Games 9/10
    I read the books and loved them but there's just one thing that's preventing me from watching the film
    "The decision to alter the storyline with Peeta’s leg really troubles me because of what it symbolises. Peeta becomes a prominently disabled character in the series, and his disability becomes part of his experiences. At the same time though, he’s not defined by the disability, consumed by it, and placed in the narrative for the sole purpose of constantly reminding everyone that he’s disabled. Peeta, like other characters, is scarred by the world he lives in, and he bears a visible mark of the cruelty and brutality of Panem, but more importantly, he’s another person trying to survive and build a better world. By neatly cutting that entire plotline away, the filmmakers avoided some tangled and thorny issues.

Like the fact that Peeta is supposed to be a love interest. I can’t help but feel one of the reasons the amputation storyline was taken out was because the filmmakers don’t think amputees can be love interests, or think that the reality of the amputation might be offputting to audiences who wouldn’t be able to identify with the characters if Katniss fell in love with a disabled Peeta, because that sort of thing Isn’t Done. Furthermore, obviously no amputees engage with media and pop culture and certainly don’t want to see versions of themselves on screen, so that angle didn’t need to be considered when preparing the film adaptation.
    They probably also feared the idea of a character who happens to be disabled; they couldn’t let him get fitted for a prosthesis and get on with his life. They would have felt compelled to wrap up some kind of special story in it, even though that’s not necessary. Riding right over that storyline can be justified by saying they don’t have time to do it, with all the other things that need to be included. Just like they didn’t have time to view actresses of colour and nonwhite actresses while they were making decisions about the casting of Katniss. Making movies is very busy work, people.
    And, of course, Peeta doesn’t comply with narratives above disability. His withdrawal and depression at the beginning of the second book are more about his emotional state over Katniss, rather than his leg. As a character, he’s physically active as well as politically defiant, once he begins to grow into himself. This isn’t what amputees are ‘supposed’ to do in pop culture, and thus it’s a narrative that makes people uncomfortable, and one that the filmmakers evidently simply didn’t want to deal with.
    I could be wrong; perhaps in the next film we will learn that infection set in and they took the leg. But I doubt it, highly, because this doesn’t seem to be in character with way Hollywood works, where disability is erased when it doesn’t serve a greater narrative or actively defies tropes. Peeta cannot be allowed to be disabled.
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr