Thread: Rate the last film you watched!

Confessions of a shopaholic: I loved these books, couldn't imagine the film turning out brilliantly tbh. I wasn't blown away, but it was easy to watch, I didn't get bored, and it was nauseatingly cute. What you can hope for from a romcom really!
    6/10
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Senior Member quotidianaubergine's Avatar

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (New David Fincher version) - very Fincher in style, quite gripping for the most part but perhaps drags out a little at the end and then seems rushed while all the loose ends are tied together. Excellent acting - the best I've ever seen Daniel Craig, I think. Very enjoyable at the cinema - may not have taken to it as much at home on the small screen. 8/10
    currently: 1st lobes, 2nd lobes, nostril

retired: 1.6mm lobes, 6mm lobes, snug, 2 x helix, septum, 2 x nostril, 5mm lobes, labret, 8mm lobes, left tragus, right conch, right double forward helix

The girl with the dragon tattoo 10/10

Black Swan: 9.5/10 Natalie Portman, well fucking done girl!!!!! (but god you got skinny)

Perfection-obsessed, over-driven young ballerina ... loses her mind, basically. Great film but omg the amount of fist-clenching and cringing bf and I did while watching it - why is it that a ripped nail is more horrible to watch than having a leg lopped off?

The half-point off is for the fact that we couldn't go straight to bed after or we'd have had nightmares about fingernails. So we watched Dara O-Brien's stand-up show for relief.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Black Swan: 9.5/10 Natalie Portman, well fucking done girl!!!!! (but god you got skinny)

Perfection-obsessed, over-driven young ballerina ... loses her mind, basically. Great film but omg the amount of fist-clenching and cringing bf and I did while watching it - why is it that a ripped nail is more horrible to watch than having a leg lopped off?

The half-point off is for the fact that we couldn't go straight to bed after or we'd have had nightmares about fingernails. So we watched Dara O-Brien's stand-up show for relief.
    Haha, check out some of Aronofsky's other stuff-Requiem will have you cringing more than that .
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Haha yeah it is amazing but I don't think I can ever pull a skin tag next to your finger out again!!!! Ouchhh!

The Ward - I got it in my stocking and thought it was gonna be a typical Hollywood horror with pretty girls who can't act... Wrong!!! A brilliant psychological horror with such a great unique twist at the end that it doesn't leave the easily scared with nightmares 9/10

Breaking Dawn- 6/10 I enjoyed it but I still personally think the books were never meant to be filmable.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Breaking dawn part 1. My friend wanted to see it. I thought it was pretty naff. 2/10.

Arthur! Came to this with no expectations as i'd forgotten it even existed and found it brilliant!
    Girl with the dragon tattoo... I felt like sooo much was missing, while understanding exactly why it had to be. Then I always prefer my imagination
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-
    memento mori, memento vivere

Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

A plate of quite peculiar on a dish all of my own

sherlock holmes 2....0.5/10

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (Fincher) 8/10
    I was actually quite suprised how much I liked the movie, went to the cinema with a little suspicion that I'm not gonna enjoy it at all, since I've seen the swedish version and have read all the books. But really, Daniel Graig was really good, haven't been much of a fan of him in his previous roles, but I think he did a really good job this time. Rooney Mara was awesome too, I previously thought that the chick in swedish version was way hotter, but Rooney's version kind of grew onto me during the movie and I learned to love her looks I'm glad they didn't attempt the movie fit into the usual 1 hour and 45 minutes lenght, then it would have all been quite a blur.
    LOVE the soundtrack, created by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross.
    And one of the main characters, in my opinion, was also the CAT!