Thread: Rate the last film you watched!

I thought that, especially with the vast array of special effects and stuff, it felt like it was aimed primarily at the 'audience' rather than the 'film lover'....

I do love Mary Elizabeth Winstead though, so that made up for it somewhat.
    Piercings:

4mm Lobes
    1.6mm Septum!
    1.6mm Left Lip
    (Retired)

1.2mm Right Tragus (Retired)
    Left Nostril (Retired)

Ink:

Right Arm: Japanese Full Sleeve - Waves, Koi, Lotus Flowers and Cherry Blossoms. 19 hours. By Matt Hunt.
    Left Arm: Traditional Lady & Rose - Inner forearm. 3.5 hours. By Rachel McCarthy.

Future:

Lots More Ink!
    Both Lobes Stretched To Around 14mm
    Conch?

Branding...?

Haha my friend had the hair and renamed her Facebook Ramona Flowers, so I gained enlightenment somewhat but I still had that disappointed, why's everyone so blown away feeling! Glad I'm not alone
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-
    memento mori, memento vivere

Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

A plate of quite peculiar on a dish all of my own

Exam-This is a proper psychological thriller, I really liked parts of it, and it's fun trying to figure out the ending, although I was slightly disappointed by the way it finished. Basically 8 people are left in a room, and given an 'exam' sheet, told they have a set time to finish it, and left. Anyone who talks to the guard/CEO or leaves the room or spoils their paper will be disqualified. so the entire things set within 1 room pretty much. Having said that it's not boring, the characters are really believable. The twists make it enjoyable as well, as there are several. Well worth watching really. 7.5/10
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I watched Labyrinth again

Aside from David Bowie's leggings, I adore this film from start to finish. How often do you see such mastery of puppets, animatronics, animals, and contact juggling all in the same movie? Together with lavish sets, backgrounds and detail.
    I still haven't figured out how the little guy playing Hoggle can see. and I don't care I also have fun pointing out when Ambrosius (sp?) is a puppet and when he's a real dog.
    Shame they hadn't yet corrected the dead-arm problem in big creatures like Ludo though (operator has two arms and a face to operate but only two arms!)

Stick yer CGI up yer bahookie! Jim Henson's creations get 10/10 from me every time.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I bought that the other week, because it's never on tv enough!
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-

Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

Toy Story 3 ... I enjoyed it but I still maintain that Toy Story was the best in the trilogy 8/10
    The Tale of Desparaeux ... again enjoyable
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr

I was watching toy story yesterday for the first time in about thirteen years! I think I got 3 a bit more because after so long it all felt new to me(which isn't normally how it goes) but 1 is the original
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-

This week I watched 'The human centipede' what a bizarre film, and 'The dissappearance of Alice Creed' that was good.
    A while back I did watch 'The collector'and quite enjoyed that
    Asian horror films are pretty good to watch, especially as a lot of them are origionals that the Americans do remakes of.
    Although I have to admit you can't be a bit or a lot of Johnny Depp!
    Biddy

Piercings
    Ears 16 - inc rook and tragus. Both nipples. Tongue. Belly. 2 horizontal hood piercings. 2 nape dermal anchors.

Tattoos
    Black panther on left shoulder. Tribal dragon on right shoulder. Chinese symbol on left wrist and back of right hip. 3 paw prints - one from each of my dogs - right thigh.

Shark tale: Fairly predictable, but not too bad. I've seen better from Disney though tbh. 6/10

Swimming with sharks: Watched this first thing this morning, didn't want to look away, it's a very captivating story. Briliant acting, considering there are pretty much only 3 main characters you really need to focus on, they can't exactly hide any bad acting :P. This is a really dark film though, it's not even a dark comedy it's pure satire. Really works with the actors though, and considering it's age (it was made in 1994), I haven't seen many more recent films now to rival it on acting or storyline. I'd recommend it to anyone, even though I guessed the ending, it's so worth watching! 9/10

Since not many other people are on here yet, i'll just keep editing this post;
    The Reef: Figured this'd be your predictable storyline-in short it was, ao I wasn't disappointed. However, it is well done, the scenery's good, the only issue I have is it doesn't make sense. Sharks do not hunt down humans (great white's don't anyway), or in such an obvious way , and if there's a scent of blood in the water they will go for it, even if it's crapply bandaged up. In short, bits of it irritated me. Aside from the obvious flaws however, it's nice and gory and there are good shark shots. 6/10
    Last edited by soph_17; 05-08-2011 at 10:09 PM.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Sherlock Holmes: Better than I expected overall, but Rachel McAdams slightly irritated me, even though she does have a role in the story she doesn't feel essential to it, i'd guess she was just added to create a bit more interest in the storyline, which though I can understand, is a bit of a shame IMO. Pretty good acting though, Mark Strong is so good at playing a villain, and Downey's british accent is admirable, even Jude Law's quite good in this! Just feels like it's trying a bit too hard, though it's an interesting adaptation. 7/10
    4 tattoos.

Facebook