Thread: Rate the last film you watched!

I think from what my mum's said she hated Gone with the wind, as a film. I can see why though, even though I don't know the story. I've found BBC period drama's generally aren't bad. I haven't managed to read many of Austens, not sure why-but I have so many more to catch up on atm, maybe one day!
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

You're doing the 50 book challenge aren't you? I want to join that, but I can't concentrate long enough at the minute to get more than a couple of pages so it'll have to wait. The story is good, but they condensed it and tried to make it more acceptable (at one point Rhett rapes her while they're married, but in the film he just drags her up the stairs) and it doesn't convert well I feel. But I know people who love it for it's status as epic...
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-
    memento mori, memento vivere

Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

A plate of quite peculiar on a dish all of my own

Insidious- great film made by two great guys- writer and producers of the Saw films. They should make more films together!
    Not what I was expecting, it isn't a ghost film, so if you're into that it may disappoint you.
    Quite jumpy, but not so much that you'll have a heart attack, but it gets your heart racing.
    Good story, a bit weird but easy to get in to. We did suss out the ending though. But it being a film from the makers of the Saw films, it wasn't going to end in a nice way!
    I'd recommend it to anyone. 9/10
    We were sat next to two young girls, I'd say they were about 13/14. They hid behind their cardigans for the whole film, and absolutely crapped themselves, which was amusing!

If you go and see it, Leigh Whannell-the writer of the film- is in it. Adam from Saw I. I didn't realise until it came up in the credits. He doesn't even look like him!
    Last edited by Kayleighhh; 04-30-2011 at 05:36 PM.
    phitrum, septum, conch, nipples, snake bites.
    throat MD.
    23 tattoos- fingers, feet, half sleeve, wrist, forearm, chest, shoulder, ankle, calf

I'm Kayleigh.

You're crazy, you know that? I knew you were crazy the minute I laid eyes on you. Crazy.

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by RedFae View Post
    You're doing the 50 book challenge aren't you? I want to join that, but I can't concentrate long enough at the minute to get more than a couple of pages so it'll have to wait. The story is good, but they condensed it and tried to make it more acceptable (at one point Rhett rapes her while they're married, but in the film he just drags her up the stairs) and it doesn't convert well I feel. But I know people who love it for it's status as epic...

Yeah, I am but struggling slightly! You should do it, I doubt i'll have read 50 by the time it ends, but it's good fun (plus it re-starts every year, so you can join in whenever!) Ah, see that sounds a bit like Wuthering Heights to me, I don't really get the hype a lot of 'classics' have, i've never read that book but my god, all the adaptations have nearly had me snoring! Different people I guess, I like quirky offbeat stuff, in literature and film, but sometimes the mushy romantics are just great
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I like to be able to say I've read... And I got quite into the classics. The tenant of wildfell hall is better than wuthering heights, but the adaptations tend to date them. Jasper fforde and the looking glass wars are perfect offbeat types that reflect the old classics well. but I also love fantasy fiction too... I think I've taken over this thread a bit with books now though!!
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-

Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    I think from what my mum's said she hated Gone with the wind, as a film. I can see why though, even though I don't know the story. I've found BBC period drama's generally aren't bad. I haven't managed to read many of Austens, not sure why-but I have so many more to catch up on atm, maybe one day!
    Gone with the wind is the ONE film I absolutely love from that era! The story is great, it's 4 hours but it does NOT not not not get boring throughout the entire movie! It's amazing and this coming from me, I cannot stand old Hollywood, extremely dramatic for my taste but this one was a breath of fresh air, amazing film.

Omg Mary Poppins.....I have watched that movie and I am not exaggerating, more than 80 times. My all time fav childhood/early teen film, I know the words to the entire movie dialogues AND songs by heart but the only thing is, no actress nowadays (or ever for me) can possibly be as good as Julie Andrews was. It's just not the same seeing other women playing her in musicals, etc, she WAS Mary Poppins, although the rest of the women do a great job but they're just.....not enough for me. Julie Andrews was perfect for the role.

Edit: I am welling up thinking of the scene where she sings "Feed the birds, tuppence a bag", omg.
    Last edited by Marianne; 05-01-2011 at 10:22 AM.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Haha that was me last Sunday! I need to watch GWTW again. My mum bought the anniversary box set and I was fifteen when I watched it (I'd add a naive 15), and most of the cultural subtext was lost on me. Then she lent it to a friend going through a lot, never got it back and felt it was inappropriate for her to ask. Now I've read it it would be very interesting to watch again...
    And I'm glad you like it
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-

I love how much it varies from person to person, glad you enjoyed it so much though Marianne! I absolutely love Mary Poppins, I was so gutted I missed it last week or whenever it was on.

Urgh, ended up watching Evan Almighty this afternoon as I was listing things on ebay and had it on in the background. Pretty crap in my opinion, the story did nothing for me and I really don't find the lead guy funny. Doesn't require any focus though, it's an extremely simple storyline. 5/10
    4 tattoos.

Facebook

I loved Bruce Almighty, then got taken to see it again five days later and I was too polite to leave the party and go home, and it totally killed it for me- was just... Bad when you have all the lines and there's NOTHING new. But Evan Almighty was an ok sequel when it came out. You can be surprised when you have low expectations!
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-

I saw Scream 4 recently. It was average movie. I give 4/10 point.