Thread: Rate the last film you watched!

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

I know. Btw, it's not tonight, but Roman Holiday's on tomorrow at 1pm (when i'm working *grumbles to self*), and i'm sure Breakfast at Tiffany's is at some point, but I dunno when :s. tbh I wish they'd put on more bintage films, I want to see How to marry a millionare again!
    ah oh well means I have something to look forward to tomorrow anyway
    hah I think how to marry a millionare is one of the few vintage films that I haven't seen yet

ugh I'm in the middle of watching The Neverending Story and its just got to the part where artex drowns in the swamps of sadness ... that bit never fails to make me cry buckets
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr

^You should, it's hilarious and really cute! Haven't watched the never ending story since I was little lol. Currently watching Indiana Jones:Temple of doom, but i've had a few drinks so i'm not particularly concentrating on it :P.
    Otherwise watched Shrek earlier.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I have to confess that I was late coming to Marilyn- I thought Jane Russell outshone her in Gentlemen prefer blondes, but I love the character of Dorothy Shaw so much! I really need to read those books! And they are beautiful, and they are REAL- not the waifs that make people think they should starve themselves (though I'm in no way saying that thin= always wrong). And then you've got the fifties musicals! But none of these are the past film I watched, so I should stop rambling now!!
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-
    memento mori, memento vivere

Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

A plate of quite peculiar on a dish all of my own

Oops the above was in response to soph_17! I need to see how to marry a millionaire, love the never-ending story and was going to quote Roman Holiday as one of my favourite Audrey films! Have you considered the box set? Quite reasonable for the enjoyment of watching them millions of times over!
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-

Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Yeah, I love Jane russell too, pity I don't think she ever got much recognition. And I know what you mean, sometimes i'll watch Mad Men just because it's the only recent(ish) show i've found that has the glamour, with real size women. Some people's casting choices-like Kiera Knightley in Pride and Prejudice just don't work IMO. I got your point :P. I'm not so keen on musicals though, I like a nice morbid storyline for that! I've never bothered to buy them because i'm pretty sure I wouldn't watch them-i've got Breakfast at Tiffany's and My fair Lady though(my two Audrey favorites). Shame is, I never seem to be in the mood to watch them, my film tastes have changed so much recently.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

My fair lady = Pwns every other A.H. movie and this coming from someone who hates old Hollywood movies and really really dislikes those actors.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

Musicals were more staple of my childhood tv than the classics and the films most people know, so I guess that's where that comes in. Plus they're so light and fluffy you can't possibly be depressed by them (says the girl who cried at Mary Poppins the other night because she's never watched it depressed before and it reminded me of happier easier times, but Nevermind that!) I don't think I watched the new P&P, I'd just read the books so I relied on my mind, but Lost in Austen was Good!
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-

Oh and I got distracted from saying that I'm still trying to locate the first series/season of mad men to watch through from the beginning!
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-

Quote Originally Posted by RedFae View Post
    Musicals were more staple of my childhood tv than the classics and the films most people know, so I guess that's where that comes in. Plus they're so light and fluffy you can't possibly be depressed by them (says the girl who cried at Mary Poppins the other night because she's never watched it depressed before and it reminded me of happier easier times, but Nevermind that!) I don't think I watched the new P&P, I'd just read the books so I relied on my mind, but Lost in Austen was Good!
    God yeah, I was brought up on most of my Gran's favorite films, so i've seen most :/. They're very 'innocent' I think is a good word, I notice the difference even between them and disney, as the humors changed so much. You weren't missing much IMO, but i'm quite picky over most adaptations. I know right, I thought it looked really good but I don't remember hearing anything about the first series on Tv, first I knew was on it's 3rd series or something!
    4 tattoos.

Facebook

That was me too, and I'm a bf OCD about seeing things all the way through. I don't enjoy trying to catch up, but soon I think!
    Innocence is perfect.
    And I hated Gone With The Wind when I watched it at fifteen, it just seemed like she cries, gets married, dances, rearrange the able and repeat for HOURS! but the book was awesome. Think I read the entire complete works of Jane Austen in a month followed by all 1,117 pages of GWTW in the next month. And then gave up on movie interpretations!!!
    Hannah; 21

2 unstretched lobes,
    Right scaffold,
    Left triple helix,
    Navel
    Tattoo, right ribcage-