Thread: General Relationship Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scarred_pierced View Post
    Omg it seriously better not be! Omfg this better not be why he offered me his 'spare' account! WTH!!!!! Right, words we must have!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappo13 View Post
    haha you get to have a wow valentines. think you dont even have to leave your houses , just exchange cyber gifts
    *cries*
    Not really how id like to celebrate it, in fact, i dont want to in the first place, hes making us! Its his birthday the 13th of feb aswell lol oh god i am going to get talked into something wow related! Ill be at his from the friday so at least i know iut wont just be a cyber valentines...unless he makes me go downstairs on the laptop lol

Wow congrats Saz!! Tell us more!!
    Sorry, but your reaction was priceless bahahaha . He's got 5 days to finish all the achievements, not just Valentine's day so there's no excuse not to spend it with you.

Actually, I hope Robin has something planned rather than us just playing WoW. I do enjoy WoW but I like getting wooed more!
    Stef

Mods:

Left ear: Lobe, 2x 1.6mm inner conches, 1.2mm rook, 1.6mm helix (newest).
    Right ear: Lobe, 1.6mm tragus (stretched), 1.2mm daith.
    Other: 2.5mm centre labret (stretched), 8mm septum (stretched), 1.6mm nape.
    Retired: 4x 1.6mm lobe, 1.6mm snakebites, 2.4mm venoms, 1.6mm anti-tragus, 10mm and 12mm lobes.

Gallery

Scarred_pierced

Lol lets hope our wowfags decide to woo us! Fingers crossed all the way, although i know jons cooking like a 3 course meal by the sounds of it!
    He also said he doesnt do casual events when i told him i am not having him spending valentines on wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight87 View Post
    what about a guy who's 16 years older?
    Completely depends on individual circumstance imo. And there's a difference between say a 15 year old dating someone more than twice their age and a 30 year old dating someone whose 46. In the first case it's an abuse of authority and however old a 15 year old thinks they are there will always be a maturity difference. When you're an adult though you're generally an adult.

I'd say if you think about telling your mum about it and nothing in your head sounds dodgy, no abuses of authority or bad decisions in the reasoning then go for it. You've got to try it. If it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out.
    Call me Genni...

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

Keeper of the magical hunting bees with Trivium and Miharu

*proudly wears her dictionary straight-jacket*

hells monkey tbh...
    you are a big gay boy

*Disclaimer: When I argue unless I quote sources it is all my opinion. My way of writing is because I do creative writing and you can't sound uncertain.*

Scarred_pierced

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight87 View Post
    what about a guy who's 16 years older?
    Your abuot 22 right? So thatd make the guy like 38, which seems like a very big difference, i mean theres stuff like cicumstance really, a 22 year old and a 38 year old would be both in diffrent stages of their lives so dont really see how they could be compatible but its not wrong for them to be together as they are both adults.

When I was 18-19, I was with a guy 20 years my senior. It made me grow up very quickly, but that was the only positive thing about the relationship. Never again.

Hmm I'd say it's really all up to what you're comfortable with..the only time it could create problems is if someone can't handle it or there's a huge maturity difference.

Anniversary ended up a success. Dinner was absolutely delicious and we had lots of cute cuddles while listening to Frank Sinatra.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by tacosareyummeh View Post
    Hmm I'd say it's really all up to what you're comfortable with..the only time it could create problems is if someone can't handle it or there's a huge maturity difference.
    I found that a very large age gap meant the relationship could never be on equal ground. I was always treated as inferior, less experienced, and ultimately a little naive... It's like you have to fit into a life that the older person has already carved out for themselves, and you're not allowed to change it.

In hindsight, I also find it highly dubious as to why someone needs to try and attract someone much younger - How many failed marriages have they had? Have they got children your age? Are they infact an ex-con?... Call me cynical, but it can take years to get the full truth out of someone.

My relationship was a lifechanging experience, and I learned a huge amount from it... but I can't help but wonder where I would be now if things had been different.

Not a word to really describe me either lol! Oh yeah, omg thats so scary, stop stop stop!!! We are getting old too quick!!! Someone give us jelly and icecream and tell us we cant play out with our friends!!
    Oooooooooh jelly and ice cream, I'm really happy this is all going forward. It's want I want and I wouldn't doing it and looking if I wasn't certain about it thats the scary bit.

Christine it does completely depend on the people and the age gap, Johns 5-4 and half years older than me, a friend of mine her other half is 20 years older so it really does depend on the people and their own level of maturity.

Just had a quick read of Jane's reply I don't think all experiences are negative, my cousin and her partner have a massive age gap, I think my cousin is 29-31ish and her partner is about 55-56 he has children her age, but they compliment each other perfectly and they are fantastic together - granted their not married they had a hanfasting but decided not to make it legally binding due to his daughters but that hasn't meant it meant any less, if that makes sense. (Just putting across both sides )
    Last edited by neverisalways; 01-26-2010 at 07:36 PM.
    Sophie

Piercings
    Lobes x3, Left Helix, Right Helix x2, Double Nostrils, Right Rook, Left Nipple, Left Conch, VCH, Tongue

Ink
    Pink Gerbera, Orange Gerbera, Storm Cat

Scarred_pierced

Ah stupid work making me miss jon, i come home from work every night realising how much i like him and want to be with him. Stupid stupid stupid. Its scary!

Sophie i could never do what you are doing, id probs get scared and run off/ruin it!!

Also, his ex is pretending to be my friend to get to him but seeing as hes ignoring all her texts she had stopped talking to me for a while but now is my best friend again. Not sure how i feel about this, i know shes keeping me sweet to stay on his good side but i dont like being used. By anyone. The worst thing is, she would be a really nice girl and possibly a friend if it werent for the fact she is a- jons ex b- completely and unreasonably nuts c- dumb as fack.

Jon got facebook just so i can put him as in a relationship with, bless him!! <3

There's 13 years between myself and Eskimo, and one thing it's taught me is that chances are, I'd never go for a man near my age again.
    Face: Labret, medusa, septum, double nostrils, bridge.
    Ears: 8 lobes, 2 auricles, conch, tragus, 2 helixes, daith.
    Body: Nipples.

I am Katie. I like earl grey tea, marshmallows in hot chocolate, poetry and Care Bears.

disco-lemonade@live.com
    ^ add me please