Page 65 of 1398 FirstFirst ... 155556575859606162636465666768697071727374751151655651065 ... LastLast

Thread: General Relationship Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf View Post
    oo get you !

after four years on and off I've finally closed the door on leigh and if I ever hear from him again it'll be too soon, it makes me sad, like in a way I've lost a part of me, but it's for the best and hopefully I can find somebody else
    *hugs* you'll be better off without him, and i'll bet you have a queue of guys waiting now they know you're single

haha in a way I wish, but in another I don't, I need a guy who makes an effort more than I do.

Would be nice >_>

You'll be fine. Appreciate being single, it has it's advantages. You can be completely selfish when you're single and do what you like. And it's easier to sleep in a bed alone than with someone there. You're a great person too so someone will eventually come along, someone who'll make you go "why was I ever with leigh? he was nowhere near this good."
    Call me Genni...

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

Keeper of the magical hunting bees with Trivium and Miharu

*proudly wears her dictionary straight-jacket*

hells monkey tbh...
    you are a big gay boy

*Disclaimer: When I argue unless I quote sources it is all my opinion. My way of writing is because I do creative writing and you can't sound uncertain.*

Quote Originally Posted by Youki-Hi View Post
    You'll be fine. Appreciate being single, it has it's advantages. You can be completely selfish when you're single and do what you like. And it's easier to sleep in a bed alone than with someone there. You're a great person too so someone will eventually come along, someone who'll make you go "why was I ever with leigh? he was nowhere near this good."
    Sigh see this is the issue, of course I appreciate being single before my relationship with leigh (when I say on and off I mean on and off and the last time lasted about 2 months) I was single for well over a year and learnt to appreciate it.

I'm not one for commitment and have never had anything last over 6months, I know exactly why I was with leigh he was loverly, not overly good looking and just generally the person I could have spent the rest of my life with but unfortunetly he changed where I didn't. I think we both knew that if he hadn't have changed I still would have been away from him but together, it was a very odd relationship and one I'm going to miss alot.

I'd love to meet someone new and finally try to commit to something, to find someone who doesn't think the exact opposite to me. But I'll have to wait, why make a relationship here when Ill be somewhere else very soon?

edit: I hope that doesn't sound snotty btw it wasn't meant to be!

relationships are so tough and im rubbish at being single :(
    hi im dom
    http://www.myspace.com/wear_fishes

12mm lobes,Side lip and Nostril

same here dom, i thought i was pretty independent but i'm really not.... i give the impression of being fine when i'm single, but being single is just when i'm looking for a guy! i'm never happy when i'm not with someone. i envy the people who don't look for partners cause they're perfectly fine by themselves.

It didn't sound snotty at all. I personally think that having a long period being single is a good thing. Ever since I started dating I've only ever had very short periods of being single. someone's always stepped up to fill the gap quite quickly. So when I broke up properly with the Irish guy and we like properly properly decided to never ever speak ever again I was single for just over a year when I met Simon. And I honestly am glad I had that year off. I would have just gone with my normal "bad boy" type and been dating some guy who was completely wrong for me but very hot and whom my friends all hated. It's nice having a break to get your head sorted.
    Call me Genni...

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

Keeper of the magical hunting bees with Trivium and Miharu

*proudly wears her dictionary straight-jacket*

hells monkey tbh...
    you are a big gay boy

*Disclaimer: When I argue unless I quote sources it is all my opinion. My way of writing is because I do creative writing and you can't sound uncertain.*

I wasn't good at being single either, I felt realy alone, now with Nick for 2 years, going great!! couldn't want anyone nicer Glad that I am happy again after being in a dead end relationship for 3 1/2 year!! GOD HE WAS A DICK
    Piercings
    Lobes - 1.2mm, Navel, Nose, Snug - 1.6mm, Left lip
    5 Tattoos
    * She's got stars in her pocket and the moon on a string *

I had a few years where I'd have one relationship after another, in a way it was quite nice but I realise now at such a young age it just wasnt the way to go.

I don't think I've ever introduced my boyfriends to a friend, not because I was embarassed it just never happened os it was never an issue.

It is always nice to be single, I've also appreciated it, but just recently I've just gotten really sick of defending and being on my own, I want somebody to share things with and be a two instead of a single.

Yeah, I've not had a significant period of being single tbh. I was with my first boyfriend for 15 months, then had a few 'flings' and was with my next boyfriend about 4 months later (and was with him for 5 months I think), then 2 months after breaking up with him I met Jake and immediately liked him. It's not like I go out looking for people though, I seriously did want to be single for a long time after my last boyfriend broke up with me, but I liked Jake so much from literally the night I met him (despite him being wasted and trashing someones house and not even saying more than one word to me, hahah. Great first impression )