Thread: General Relationship Thread

You see I understand the need to have a good moan, but tbh Youki, all you ever do is moan about how unemotional, unloving and uncaring your boyfriend is. I really don't ever think I've seen you write something NICE about this person you say you love to death. I don't understand it?!

Sorry if that sounds judgemental, but just saying what I see.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by miss.lady View Post
    You see I understand the need to have a good moan, but tbh Youki, all you ever do is moan about how unemotional, unloving and uncaring your boyfriend is. I really don't ever think I've seen you write something NICE about this person you say you love to death. I don't understand it?!

Sorry if that sounds judgemental, but just saying what I see.
    Same!
    I Have
    Left lobes 14mm, 3.2mm, 1mm, Right Lobes 4m, 3.2mm, 1mm, Right Tragus 1.2mm, Labret (Right) 1.6mm x 2, Inverse Vertical Labret 1.2mm, Septum 1.6mm, Left Nostril 1.2mm, Sternum Microdermal, Venoms 1.6mm

I Want
    Right Nostril, Right Anti Tragus, Left Surface Tragus, Left Vertical Scaffolding

I Had
    Left Helix 1.0mm

I've seen her say good things before, if that counts for anything.

I don't see anything wrong with a vent, it's the people who never have anything good to say and only complain about the bad things that are an annoyance, because like Nat said, relationships should make people happy./
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Well I often say he's lovely in person, just not over distance. Which is what I moan about. The distance and how hard it is because he doesn't express emotion in a verbal way. He's also not very good at the whole emotional thing. By this I mean he's on the autistic spectrum - not rubbish - and there's lots of other stuff I don't want to go into on here because it's too personal and it's not my place. and I normally say how lovely a weekend was when I see him or how much I'm looking foreward to it probably only a few posts back I said something about how amazing the weekend just gone was and how we talked intimately hfor hours and that I'd never felt so connected to anyone... I don't normally see the point in posting nice things - because there's nothing that I can get advice on, or nothing I need to vent about. Posting the negatives has been very helpful. Patteh sent me some really useful info on autistic spectrum stuff - it's something I'd not thought about .It's really helped our relationship actually. I'd also love it if people said like "Why don't you do this - - -- " or "That's normal it happens to everyone". Always useful. Just posting "he's so clever, I love how funny he is, I love how much we laugh together, I love the way he looks, I love how we pretty much never stop talking when we're with each other, I love how he brings light to things I'd never thought about" etc etc etc wouldn't be helpful, all I'd get back is "awwww" Does that make more sense? Please tell me if I've made something confusing.

And thank you IckleNatStar - that was a very constructive post. I think people complain about things they don't have a choice in because then they don't think about it so much. I know I do. When I vent by typing a post out, it makes me feel better about whatever it is - really helps me feel calmer. And sometimes people going "chin up chick - I know how you feel" can be a lifeline if you're just feeling really upset about something. I'd rather get stuff off my chest on here than next time I chat to Simon go "you're so rubbish why didn't you ring earlier?" because he doesn't deserve that, I'd rather go "hey you, missed you" and strange as it sounds that's easier when I've either had a good moan at my mum or on here...

EDIT: Don't worry about sounding judgmental, I much prefer blunt posts and people being honest. Anyway what does it matter to me what some randomer on the internet thinks about my relationship? Simon knows how much I care about him and I know how much he cares about me and that's all that matters (well on this anyway - if only life were that simple)
    Last edited by Youki-Hi; 05-29-2009 at 03:55 AM.
    Call me Genni...

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

Keeper of the magical hunting bees with Trivium and Miharu

*proudly wears her dictionary straight-jacket*

hells monkey tbh...
    you are a big gay boy

*Disclaimer: When I argue unless I quote sources it is all my opinion. My way of writing is because I do creative writing and you can't sound uncertain.*

I'm not going to get involved with the above, other than... Youki, I've had a relationship with somebody on the autistic spectrum, so I understand how emotionally difficult it can be at times. I think unless you've known somebody like that in a very personal way, it can be hard to understand the emotional distance. Offloading can be a good thing, as you say.

I'm happy right now You all know how I felt about Oz, and how heartbroken I was when it all fell apart. Right now, I can't believe we're still speaking, let alone having a wonderful, friendly connection. We texted each other last night, and it was lovely. Just because the relationship didn't work, doesn't mean a friendship can't. Four years with somebody is a long time, and I'm glad it's not just being 'thrown away'. I see it as a happy ending. It would have been so easy for him to turn his back on me once he knew I was seeing somebody else, but he hasn't. He's happy for me.

I can now understand how people can be happy to see their ex-partner with somebody else. I'd love it if somebody could make him happy, if he found someone special. He deserves it. I never thought I could think that way, but I want nothing more than for him to find someone who can fulfil all his dreams.

I've seen the new ( ) other half every day for over a week now. Insanely soppy and daft. Massive connection going on
    Face: Labret, medusa, septum, double nostrils, bridge.
    Ears: 8 lobes, 2 auricles, conch, tragus, 2 helixes, daith.
    Body: Nipples.

I am Katie. I like earl grey tea, marshmallows in hot chocolate, poetry and Care Bears.

disco-lemonade@live.com
    ^ add me please

Senior Member Steph>>Manchestarrr's Avatar

Woow this thread kicked off when I desided to go to sleep.
    From now on then I will tell you the good things about ben. Yesterday... He came to Manchester with me and my friends was very nice and bought me a drink
    Current:
    lobes, Conch
    Retired: Navel, 5mm lobes, rook
    Yes please: tongue web, surface tragus septum and nipple

gandy

wow it sure did lol

same few people too.

Awww, I missed all the dramaz.
    Quote Originally Posted by surreel View Post
    I think anyone who moans about a long distance relationship that they got into knowing it was a long distance relationship should shut the hell up.

What did you expect from it? Them to pop around in the evening on their way home from work?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youki-Hi View Post
    That's good. I wouldn't know - tend to avoid the single thread. But why be whiney about moaning? Don't tell me you've never just had a good old moan about something? You guys certainly seem to enjoy having a good old moan about how rubbish we all are. It's not my fault I'm in a relationship and you're not. It's also not my fault that I find my relationship difficult - noone says they're easy - and it's not your problem. There's a shiney ignore button if you don't like me you can ignore me. Or report my posts to a mod...fine by me.
    Oh wow.

Going against the grain here, my relationship is awesome, he's wonderful, everything's great. I feel like I shouldn't post good things in here sometimes because it's like the moan-about-the-boyfriend/relationship/distance thread. Plus, going on and on about how much you love someone gets very boring to read :p.
    Stef

Mods:

Left ear: Lobe, 2x 1.6mm inner conches, 1.2mm rook, 1.6mm helix (newest).
    Right ear: Lobe, 1.6mm tragus (stretched), 1.2mm daith.
    Other: 2.5mm centre labret (stretched), 8mm septum (stretched), 1.6mm nape.
    Retired: 4x 1.6mm lobe, 1.6mm snakebites, 2.4mm venoms, 1.6mm anti-tragus, 10mm and 12mm lobes.

Gallery

Why do I keep looking at all the little Sophies when I'm out with Sarah and thinking 'awww' - it's a bit scary...
    If animals weren't meant to be eaten then they wouldn't be made of food.

Lifting big, getting bigger.

No use for an imaginary friend.

DON'T DO IT, MAARK! You can't give them back when you've had enough of them!
    Stef

Mods:

Left ear: Lobe, 2x 1.6mm inner conches, 1.2mm rook, 1.6mm helix (newest).
    Right ear: Lobe, 1.6mm tragus (stretched), 1.2mm daith.
    Other: 2.5mm centre labret (stretched), 8mm septum (stretched), 1.6mm nape.
    Retired: 4x 1.6mm lobe, 1.6mm snakebites, 2.4mm venoms, 1.6mm anti-tragus, 10mm and 12mm lobes.

Gallery