Thread: General Relationship Thread

Senior Member Steph>>Manchestarrr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cherryd69 View Post
    i didnt mean to cause offence steph (its been a pretty hard day for me today an im finding it hard to communicate the exact words)

saz's suggestion is good... alone time in a relationship is somtimes a good thing.. u dont wanna be living in each others pockets... but on the other hand you need to do a few things together as well

i didnt mean to imply anything, sorry.
    Double quote again lol
    Its ok ive reread and i think i misread lol. I though it was more my bad communication lol.
    Current:
    lobes, Conch
    Retired: Navel, 5mm lobes, rook
    Yes please: tongue web, surface tragus septum and nipple

Quote Originally Posted by cherryd69 View Post
    alone time in a relationship is somtimes a good thing.. u dont wanna be living in each others pockets
    definitely true me and my boyfriend have been together for nearly 2 and a half years and sometimes it does get to the point where you feel like you need alone time, luckily with me working full time and him at uni it means we have some time apart, it gives us a chance to miss eachother and have nice long evening convos on the phone and when we do see eachother we have more to talk about and it feels really good to hug after not seeing him for a few days or longer
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Felidae View Post
    definitely true me and my boyfriend have been together for nearly 2 and a half years and sometimes it does get to the point where you feel like you need alone time, luckily with me working full time and him at uni it means we have some time apart, it gives us a chance to miss eachother and have nice long evening convos on the phone and when we do see eachother we have more to talk about and it feels really good to hug after not seeing him for a few days or longer
    Agreed - as much as I hated the long distance part of being at uni away from Jake, it definitely made me appreciate him more and realise I don't need to be with him all the time. Before uni we used to see each other almost every day I think, and now it's more like 2-3 times a week and it's fine. I go out on my own at least once a week and so does he,We've been together over 2 years, are planning on moving in together and get on really well with each others friends but we still need time apart with our own friends!

Have a talk with your boyfriend and explain that you do need time alone. If you still feel like this after a while of cooling it down a little, maybe you should rethink the relationship. Don't think it makes you sound like a slag or anything - I totally understand. I think almost everyone feels like that at some point, especially if they've spent most of their life in relationships (obviously not as a kid, but you know what I mean!). I worry about my boyfriend feeling like that sometimes tbh =/

Senior Member Steph>>Manchestarrr's Avatar

im not sure if i should just leave things the way they are, i go to uni in 5 months and i cant see use still bein together when im at uni. I think, unless like kate said i might realise how much i miss him then.
    Current:
    lobes, Conch
    Retired: Navel, 5mm lobes, rook
    Yes please: tongue web, surface tragus septum and nipple

its nights like these i live for. had a nice long soak in a loverly hot bubble bath, got out just in time to see rob walking up the stairs with a couple of bottles of wine and 2 glasses, now he's in the shower and im curled up with a nice glass of white wine, watchin family guy ready to curl up with th boy

*is all floaty and happy and lovey dovey* XD
    Emzii

current:
    lobes x 2 each (1 x 4mm)
    tongue
    Navel
    Outer Conch
    Septum

retired:
    scaffold
    8mm lobe
    sternum md
    left labret
    navel
    stomach surface x2
    Nostril x2
    right labret

tattoos:
    several! ask me..

Brandon comes home next weeked after this and is staying for the rest of summer...and then I go back to school with him!
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by katexx View Post
    especially if they've spent most of their life in relationships (obviously not as a kid, but you know what I mean!). I worry about my boyfriend feeling like that sometimes tbh =/
    I worry about that sometimes, too. Kyle and I got together when I was 17 and he was 15. It was his first ever relationship, and only my second "longer than a few weeks" relationship. I'm now 20 and he'll be 18 in June, so I do worry sometimes.

He told me once that he wished he'd "lived" a little more before we got together. Like dating the girls he liked and whatever. He resents the fact that all of his firsts with me are not mine with him, so I end up feeling guilty about things I can't change. I do wish it were different sometimes, but I don't regret it.

Kinda turned into a pity party for one, haha. Oops.
    Piercings
    6g x2 lobes
    20g x6 lob
    es
    Tragus right & cartilage left & belly button
    Nose stud left & snake bites & tongue

Ink
    Bottom of my neck
    Right calf
    Right forearm

Want
    Vertical hood
    Lots more ink!

He can be so rude and mean sometimes. I'm not feeling well and I'm just in a bit of a mood tonight so I didn't really feel like talking. I told him that and he gets annoyed and mad at me. He said before when he wasn't sure of what he wanted that I was talking to him all the time, and now that he wants to be with me, I don't want to talk at all.

Firstly, he only told me this yesterday morning. Secondly, it's just a bad night. And thirdly, if he's so used to me not wanting to talk, why's he all annoyed now? When we said goodbye I said "talk to you tomorrow then" and he says "yeah that's if I wanna talk" and right after that I'd gotten a text saying "thanks for leading me on".

I wanna know what his problem is.
    Piercings
    6g x2 lobes
    20g x6 lob
    es
    Tragus right & cartilage left & belly button
    Nose stud left & snake bites & tongue

Ink
    Bottom of my neck
    Right calf
    Right forearm

Want
    Vertical hood
    Lots more ink!

Kyle sounds like he needs to get his head sorted big time! Really does sound like he's messing you around a bit. Hope it sorts out.

And Steph, if you're going to break up with him for uni anyway you've got the choice of enjoying your last five months with him and lead him on a bit, or break up with him now and make things awkward between you. You'll get to make out with as many people as you like at uni, so I wouldn't worry about five months of freedom being wasted. It does kinda sound like you're trying to come up with excuses to break up with him though. Not all break-ups have to be because of something horrible, sometimes things just fade.

EDIT: Sorry if that was kinda harsh. I'm far too knackered to sugar coat things today.
    Last edited by Youki-Hi; 04-28-2009 at 11:08 AM.
    Call me Genni...

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

Keeper of the magical hunting bees with Trivium and Miharu

*proudly wears her dictionary straight-jacket*

hells monkey tbh...
    you are a big gay boy

*Disclaimer: When I argue unless I quote sources it is all my opinion. My way of writing is because I do creative writing and you can't sound uncertain.*

Quote Originally Posted by Youki-Hi View Post
    Kyle sounds like he needs to get his head sorted big time! Really does sound like he's messing you around a bit. Hope it sorts out.

And Steph, if you're going to break up with him for uni anyway you've got the choice of enjoying your last five months with him and lead him on a bit, or break up with him now and make things awkward between you. You'll get to make out with as many people as you like at uni, so I wouldn't worry about five months of freedom being wasted. It does kinda sound like you're trying to come up with excuses to break up with him though. Not all break-ups have to be because of something horrible, sometimes things just fade.

EDIT: Sorry if that was kinda harsh. I'm far too knackered to sugar coat things today.
    quoted for epic truth. i loved my ex completely but it faded to more of a friendship love on my part.. nothing else was wrong in our relationship, it was quite lovely really.

to be honest i've only skim read the past few pages so i can't really give much input, but i'll say this: if you're not 100% sure, then don't continue the relationship. especially if you're both going off to uni - me and my ex stayed together for uni (i'm in portsmouth and he's in bath so 'long distance') and we broke up at the beginning of this year (our 3rd year at uni). in hindsight it would have been easier on both of us if we'd broken up before leaving for uni in the first place.
    - 27 piercings | 8 tattoos -