Page 20 of 1398 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930701205201020 ... LastLast

Thread: General Relationship Thread

I am in a pickle.
    I've finally decided that I've had enough of the hurt from my relationship, which I'm starting to wonder if it can even be called that anymore.

I haven't seen my other half since Easter Sunday, which he doesn't seem too bothered about, and he's finally asked to see me tonight. However, after everything that's happened I've finally come to realise that it's probably best if I end it.
    He has no idea and thinks everything is fine, which is making me feel even worse. I'm trying to summon up all the hurt and bad things from the relationship to make myself realise that I'm 100% doing the right thing, because I know in the long run it will be, I just can't bear the thought of hurting him despite the fact he's hurt me many times.

The last time he split up with me, I thought everything was fine so in a way the roles have just reversed.
    I don't want to do this to spite him though. He never wants to see me, and when we do see each other it's just, blah.

I don't think he can be bothered anymore, and I guess what's making me feel worse is that the one time I break up with him, it's pretty much for definate, whereas when he split up with me those times he turned around saying he regretted it. Which is what I'm worried is going to happen with me.

It also doesn't help that I've started to get feelings for someone else, and I'm not breaking up with my boyfriend for this guy, I don't actually think anything would come out of it, and I don't think he likes me, it's kind of just like the last straw, that if I can start liking another person it must be doomed.

I'm also supposed to be going out with a mate tomorrow night, but my bf is going to the same place for his friend's birthday - something I was invited to as well, but my bf hasn't even asked me if I'm going. I don't know if I could face seeing him, but at the same time I'd want to go - almost like checking up - is he having fun? Is he even upset?
    I've had an invite out from the guy I like and a couple of others, not for a big night out, just to do something else if i can't face seeing the bf and I'm torn as to what to do.

God I hate feeling like this.
    Alex

Piercings: Ears x 7 various, Tongue, Septum, Navel, Inverse Navel, VCH, Microdermal on wrist, 2 Microdermals on upper back

Tattoos: Dragon on back, Lily on wrist, Swallow on foot.

Aww Alex *hugz*

If you are sure, 110% sure that breaking up with him is the right thing to do then you should do it. There is no point in causing yourself stress and upset by staying in a relationship if you will be generally happier in the long run if you leave him. I know its a really hard thing to do and I cant imagine how upset you will be at the moment but sometimes you have to get through these things and come out a stronger person.

With regards to the night out you should maybe go and then break up with him after it, that way you can have a nice night out and not have this on your mind too much. That way you don't have to see him again for a while hopefully making it easier for you to get over it.

Really hope everything works out and if you need a natter pm me and i'll add you on msn

Relationships really are hard work, huh?
    My Name is Helen and I ENJOY being single!!

Now Piercings
    1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th lobe x 1.6
    Left helix x 1.2 Left Conch x 1.6 Right tragus x 1.2
    Tongue x 1.6
    Right nipple x 1.6 (RIP Left Nipple 29/09/08)
    Navel 1.6
    VCH

Tattoos
    Back - Tigger, C'est la vie, Moon Bonsai tree across my back
    Wrist - Gemini symbol, family initials
    Right Leg - tigger
    Right Foot - three stars
    Left ankle - flames

Black and white photo

Facebook

Aww, mine isn't hard work :P
    I am worried about next year though, what'll happen if he doesn't get into uni...I'm pretty sure he will, but he's worried and I know he'll be devastated if he doesn't get the grades.
    His sister and her boyfriend, who got together not long after me and Jake did, are moving in together in 3 weeks. I am jealous, haha.

Eeeek, i've been with my bf for 3 years now, been engaged for like 4 months, hadn't told any close friends or relatives but today it slipped out to one of my mates and now everyone is asking bout it and giving us stick bout it (being quite young and all, word sure spreads fast), now he's thinking bout taking it back cuz he doesn't want the hassle off people at the moment.
    Vicky

Have:
    Lobes
    Helix
    Rook
    Navel
    Scaffold
    Anti-Tragus
    Snug

Retired
    anti-tragus

That's silly, I hope he doesn't decide to 'take it back'. People will get over it soon enough, I'm sure.

I agree.

Me and my ex got loads of flack for being to young to get engaged.
    We were very nearly married to before I realised it was a bit mistake. Nothing to do with being too young, just the relationship had run it's course.
    My Name is Helen and I ENJOY being single!!

Now Piercings
    1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th lobe x 1.6
    Left helix x 1.2 Left Conch x 1.6 Right tragus x 1.2
    Tongue x 1.6
    Right nipple x 1.6 (RIP Left Nipple 29/09/08)
    Navel 1.6
    VCH

Tattoos
    Back - Tigger, C'est la vie, Moon Bonsai tree across my back
    Wrist - Gemini symbol, family initials
    Right Leg - tigger
    Right Foot - three stars
    Left ankle - flames

Black and white photo

Facebook

3 year anniversary today! lalalalala!!! Shame Im working til 11pm, but ne'ermind....

mine ended about 3 months ago, im over it now but i hate being single so much, gr

i try not to look backwards, it only hurts oneself
    Last edited by kaen; 04-09-2008 at 02:29 PM.

awww wow congrats on the anniversary!! thanks kate and helen cheered me up hehe
    Vicky

Have:
    Lobes
    Helix
    Rook
    Navel
    Scaffold
    Anti-Tragus
    Snug

Retired
    anti-tragus