Thread: General Relationship Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rattigan View Post
    Everyone says to me how do I put up with it, but I don't know what I'm meant to do. It has got so bad before I've threatened leaving and he promises to change, last for a few weeks then its straight back to normal again. We've been together 10 years this year so its not something i want to throw away, I just don't understand how he can't compromise and i really do feel like he puts it before me.
    This all comes down to what you're willing to accept in a relationship. He's not going to change because there's no consequence. He has no reason to change, however I would very clearly and directly ask him why he doesn't respect you and continues to upset you. If after that he won't change then maybe you'll have to simplify things and ask why is he fine with continuing to disrespect you and upset you. 10 years is a long time, it's also a time within which this kind of respect should not just be mutual but automatically and extremely deeply engrained into the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by rattigan View Post
    When I've wanted him to do something in particular I've hidden controllers and things like that before, but again why should i have to?
    Exactly, he's not a child. You're not his parent. There's an imbalance here, not a partnership.

Sorry if I sound harsh but after a 13 year relationship that didn't work out (but I learned a hell of a lot from) I just will not ever tolerate shit like that ever again in my life full stop.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I agree with Hazel, I got sick of that shit pretty quickly with my ex but I was young and naive and stuck around. I know the reasons for my current partner to have days of it and I'm ok with it as long as it's not impacting the important things. I know I'm just as lazy sometimes so I really shouldn't complain.
    It took me 4 years of the same shit over and over and when his "gaming" nights with the boys turned into "lets all smoke crack and game all night" nights with the boys, that was the end of it.
    I was treated like a mother that he didn't even love or respect, and I let him. He never improved even with warnings and all, his favourite line was "if you don't like it - leave" and when I did exactly that he chucked the biggest wobbly you ever saw. The breakup was MESSY but we're all ok now, we still speak on occasion and I wish him happiness with someone who can put up with the childishness, it just isn't my problem anymore
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

I don't think some Men mature like we do. Hiding controllers and stuff is like what you'd do to a 3 year old, sad but true
    Last edited by nessa76; 05-21-2015 at 03:16 AM.

Thanks for all the advice!! I really do appreciate things. I need to have a long hard think about it all and weigh up my options.

Thank you all so much.
    Current: 25mm lobes, 3mm conch, tragus, 4mm septum, nose, lip, medusa and cheek piercings.

Retired: forehead microdermal, high nostrils, anti eyebrows, facial microdermals, anti tragus, labret, nipple.

Fair few tattoos including labyrinth theme sleeve, panserbjørn back piece and some forest folk.

Looking ahead to nostril punches, ear pointing, vertical bridge and a few others.

Waiting for a man to change my mind on boys - one bad experience has left me scarred ngl

5 weeks until we don't have to do this LDR thing anymore I can't wait!
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

I feel like this was a bad idea.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Had the nicest night with my man, he brought home dinner and icecream and we cuddled on the couch watching tv for a bit, then went and cuddled in bed with the animals watching them all sleep in their awkward positions before turning in for an early night.
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

Hello! My name is Karlee and IM from Chicago. I love tattoos and piercings.

I have been with my boyfriend almost 3 years and it is great

Cant believe me and Devon have been together for 3 years after today...gone so quickly!
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram