Thread: General Relationship Thread

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Oops, read this on my phone and forgot to reply when I was on the comp!

ah that's good, I'm glad you seem to be enjoying it - you deffo deserve a good job you enjoy!
    D'aww mrs you're too kind! *blushes*
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Scarred_pierced

No probs and no need to blush or thank!

First Valentine's Day with the boyfriend tomorrow! We're going to the restaurant we went to on our second date for dinner. Our first date was at the Night Noodle Markets in Hyde Park, which is only on for two weeks every October, so we're recreating the second date instead.
    Piercings
    2x left earlobe - 1992, 1998
    2x right earlobe - 1992, 1998
    Left nostril - 4/2/07
    Right tragus - 18/9/08
    VCH - 16/1/09
    Left tragus - 14/5/09
    Left helix - 14/5/09
    Right forward helix - 19/8/10
    Right snug - 21/1/12
    Left rook - 11/10/13

RIP
    Left helix - 1999 - 2001
    Cleavage microdermal - 16/1/10 - 1/10/10

Tongue web - 26/10/10 - 26/11/11

Tattoo
    Rose on back - 22/6/12

I wish my husband would leave. I've told him to go, told him we are going nowhere & he helps me out with nothing. Any suggestions on how to get the ball rolling? Its like nothing I say means anything!

Why does it have to be him leaving? If you're the one that's unhappy why don't you leave? (I realise there may be reasons behind this but if you leave then that sends a pretty clear message)
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

Quote Originally Posted by deesixx View Post
    I wish my husband would leave. I've told him to go, told him we are going nowhere & he helps me out with nothing. Any suggestions on how to get the ball rolling? Its like nothing I say means anything!
    I had this, fortunately after a couple of months he went. There was no viable place for me to go and I wasn't leaving my son behind. I did make lots of suggestions to my ex husband - stay with his parents (he outright refused), then suggested his daughter as she'd got her own flat, he did that 5 days a week, then I found him somewhere he could viably move into, gave him the number and he got it sorted.

It was hard as it's not easy to just leave after 12 years with all your stuff, also neither of us were working at the time so moving costs, deposits for a place etc were near impossible. But we managed it.

However if it had gone on for much longer, I'd have kicked him out or made plans to move but that would have been an absolute last resort as it would have meant a very unsettling time for my son and possibly moving away from support, school etc

If he will point blank not go then put all his stuff outside when he's out one day, change the locks or block it if possible, put a note on his things explaining he is not welcome. First sign of any problems ring the police. If there is a history of DV then tell the police in advance as well.

Of course you have to factor in things like ownership/rights to the property and so on and look into that if it causes problems.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I thought about it but this is my house, I bought it before him. I also have 3 boys that are not his & who's lives shouldn't be disrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by deesixx View Post
    I thought about it but this is my house, I bought it before him. I also have 3 boys that are not his & who's lives shouldn't be disrupted.
    Then he has no right to be there if you don't want him to be hun, be strong. If things aren't working your kids will know it and by removing him from the household it will also teach your sons that that's not the way to treat women or someone you're in a relationship if your husband isn't treating you right. By letting him stay longer than he should (ie just never doing anything about it and remaining unhappy) you could be giving them the wrong message.

Of course every situation is different but I knew that my son deserved a home where mum was happy, not crying or holding back tears or doing things she enjoyed, not hearing his dad say hurtful things to her and so on.

I was going to split with my husband in 2007 but things went downhill in other areas of my life and I just couldn't make the break plus things had picked up a fair bit but by 2010 I was ready, he got an ultimatum but 1 year down the line I was still not happy and that was that.

It's one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life, it takes a lot of courage and willpower to stick to it and get them away from you, especially if they're controlling or emotionally manipulating you. It's very easy for people to say "walk away" or "kick him out" but only you know what the upshot of doing that may be.

I hope you can find a way to make it work for you and them, I'm sure you'll manage it and if not then there is a fair bit of information online about the practical and emotional side of things you may want to look at.
    Last edited by Boo; 03-12-2014 at 08:11 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

It's only been 4 months with my BF but I feel like we've been together much longer. Can't believe how well we clicked, he's an amazing human being <3

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

ugh I'm so confused and I don't know what to do right now..

there's a guy at uni and we get on really well - we're really similar in personality and we bounce off of each other and we can literally talk for hours without getting bored (We stayed up until 8 am together making airfix one night) and apparently because of something I wore like a week ago he's started crushing on me. Up until today he had a girlfriend and now they've broken up I know he wants to be with me. He's sweet and I love him to pieces but I don't know what to do. I could see us being together and I could see it being awesome. But I'm not 100% - I know it's far too soon - but I'm nowhere near mentally stable enough to be with anyone right now. Plus he's really not the kind of guy I'd go for, I know that shouldn't matter and I'm being vain but its still something that's in the back of my mind. I'm also still wary of males after the sexual assault thing in Paris last summer and I don't think it'd be fair for him to be with someone like me... I just don't know how to possibly articulate this without sounding like a dick.

It also doesn't help my uni friends are trying to push us together and I'm trying to resist and nobody seems to be listening. I could see it but there are so many alarm bells going off with it that I don't want it and I don't know what to do. I wish him and his girlfriend were still together - then he was safe and I could be myself without fearing he's reading too much into it. Which is exactly what is now happening... *is running away and hiding at home ASAP*
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN