Thread: General Relationship Thread

I'm officially back in here for the first time in almost a year! I'm ridiculously happy especially because my best friends and parents are cool with it after judging initially. Even our coworkers are happy for us.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

I am still single and can't get a partner yet.What you think how i get a good partner.Even that i try many dating sites but don't get much success.Can anyone tell me any good way that help me?
    Robert

As soon as i think everythings all good something happens/he does something and im left questioning myself again. Id love to be able to see in to the future and know whether all this is worth it or not. Head or heart?

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

It's a tough situation Alyssa. You've got to think of how many times he's made you happy over how many times he's made you question yourself I suppose, then figure out if it's all worth it. LDR do work but I can't imagine them being easy!
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

It is such a tough situation, our situation as a whole is a tough one thats hard to explain. But the months before he left were perfect which make me question it so much rather than ending it. Occasionally since he's been gone he goes all soppy and tells me how he feels but then he does things like this that just feel like a punch to the chest. My housemates have varying opinions, one says he's just having a strop and just to let him get on with it and another thinks he's doing it to make me jealous which makes no sense to me.
    I dont understand how boys work, ive steered clear ever since the last one fluffed me up so bad so i have no idea what im doing.
    Last edited by Lyssssa :); 03-07-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Think of it this way, do you want this cycle to carry on for X amount of months/years? It must be difficult obviously because it's long distance and you don't know what they're up to 24/7 but he might just be doing it to make you jealous, as your housemate said, kinda a way to test if you're willing to stick by him or if you're going to turn around and say "stuff you" sorta thing? But at the end of the day you have to think of your happiness and future!
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

LDRs are tough. They take a lot of trust and stubbornness (imo)

I don't know what he's doing now but is there a possibility that he's trying to make it harder than it should be? Either to test you or because he (perhaps subconsciously) wants out?
    Is he trying to push you into dumping him?

I hope not, but maybe something to think about.

Big hugs from an LDR survivor
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Personally I've never been in a LDR, but I know I'd find it very difficult. It sounds like he's making it harder than it should be! My sister was dating a lad from London for just over a year before he totally screwed her over, basically kept saying he couldn't see her blah blah, making up excuses not to talk to her and doing things he seemingly wouldn't do just to p*ss her off.

You really have to think about what's right for you, like Anne said, I hope it turns out for the best! Here if you need a chat
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Its only long distance for another month or so when the season ends thank god but I have wondered about that Anne.
    But then Ive been pretty trusting throughout this whole thing, like i know he's there for the experience so ive never really bugged him about anything and ive always let him talk to me first as i didnt want to come across as clingy or anything and i secretly wanted to know whether he would bother everyday which he has. Until this week anyway, he's now gone 3days without saying anything to me but has time to come online and comment on a photo (brilliant, thanks facebook!) but not say hi to me? But then 5 days ago he was drunkingly telling me how much he missed me and couldnt wait to see me in 3weeks! I always think most people speak more truth when they're drunk so this whole situation completely confuses me!

Think im just gonna take a msssive step back for a little while. If he is doing this to try and get some sort of reaction out of me im not playing ball.

Man i waffle bad! Always readover what ive written and think that made so much more sense in my head, and i use the word 'but' a lot. Sorry!
    Last edited by Lyssssa :); 03-08-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Scarred_pierced

Alyssa I would see what he's like when he's back, going away like that, having that freedom, can change a guy somewhat, I wouldn't trust someone in that situation, but that's me, and I have awful trust issues. Definitely take a step back, leave him to it and see what comes of it. I hope it all turns out okay for you though!

Ah it's my boyfriends birthday at the end of this month and we've only been together like a month, ugh! First present giving occasion awkwardness alert! Good thing I already know the sort of thing I'd buy him but it's just nerve racking.
    Still weird referring to him as my boyfriend.