Thread: General Relationship Thread

Thank you very much. I guess you're right. My mum tried to sway my decision because she got married young and said it made her feel trapped so she cheated on her husband =/ Now I'm nothing like that at all, but it just got me a little worried, even though I know it'll never happen.
    Hi, I'm Kerry
    Facebook / Tumblr

Current:
    Left ear: L
    obe (5mm), rook, anti-tragus,
    Right ear: Lobe (12mm), tragus, forward helix, conch
    Septum

Right horizontal nipple

Navel
    Right nostril

Retired:
    Inverse Navel
    Left tragus

Do what I'm currently doing, a long engagement Then get married in a few years
    My names Ben
    Tattoos:
    Arms, Hands, Fingers, Thumbs, Neck Piercings: Lobe (10mm) x2, Nipple (L - horizontal BCR)
    Piercings: (Retired) Eyebrow x2, Helix x1, Lobe (1mm) x1 Future plans: Tattoos - Full bodysuit

facebook
    | deviantART
    "Show me a man with a tattoo and I'll show you a man with an interesting past"

Thats a great idea
    Hi, I'm Kerry
    Facebook / Tumblr

Current:
    Left ear: L
    obe (5mm), rook, anti-tragus,
    Right ear: Lobe (12mm), tragus, forward helix, conch
    Septum

Right horizontal nipple

Navel
    Right nostril

Retired:
    Inverse Navel
    Left tragus

That's pretty much what I'm doing too. My boyfriend proposed in September but we're not planning to actually get married until 2014 which gives us a chance to save money too!
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

Quote Originally Posted by kitycatlok View Post
    Well I'm 17 and have been with my boyfriend for three years. He's 9 months older than me, and he's 18. I'll be 18 in March. The thing is, he's just asked me to marry him. Now, I don't think it's too soon in the relationship because we've been together for a few years now, but is it too soon in our lives to be thinking about marriage, even though we are very much committed to each other already? I'm confused haha.
    Someone I work with is in a situation very similar to this-he's been with his wife since year 8 (he's now 23 and I think she's the same age/few months younger). The had their first child at 19 and got married at 20. Tbh to me that does souns extremely young(they now have another child as well), but the fact is, it works for them. They're a brilliant couple, and when you see them together that's all that's important. I definitely agree with Saz though, logically most people have to save up for quite a while to afford a decent wedding, so even if you got engaged it doesn't mean it'd be wedding bells imminently! But also, just think about how important marriage is to you as well .
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by kitycatlok View Post
    Well I'm 17 and have been with my boyfriend for three years. He's 9 months older than me, and he's 18. I'll be 18 in March. The thing is, he's just asked me to marry him. Now, I don't think it's too soon in the relationship because we've been together for a few years now, but is it too soon in our lives to be thinking about marriage, even though we are very much committed to each other already? I'm confused haha.
    This is just my opinion, but I think that is way too young to be getting married. I just don't see why it's necessary at such a young age. If anything, I would say do what everyone else suggested and stay engaged for a year or two to save up and what not.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

I agree, that's way too young. Nothing wrong with getting engaged, just don't rush into the actual marriage. Every woman that I can think of in my family besides me got married at 19, and although most of them don't admit it I think they all regret it.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

There's a reason to why there's an age requirement for marriage. At 18, you're supposed to be be able to make your own decisions and to take care of yourself, so I don't think you can tell anyone they're biologically too young to get married, after they turn 18. However, financially, relationally, mentally, spiritually, whatever are things rather to be considered. Age is just a number.
    Have (16):
    Right ear: 1st 2g, 2nd 14g, tragus 16g, conch 14g, 2 helices 16g
    Left ear: 1st 0g, tragus
    16g
    Snakebites 14g
    Philtrum 16g
    Cheeks
    14g
    2x diagonal nipple 14g
    Navel 14g

Retired:
    3 lobe piercings
    Left helix

Considering (for now): 1st lobes at 1/2", more helices,
    tongue, triangle or VCH, MDs

Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    logically most people have to save up for quite a while to afford a decent wedding
    Soph I hope you know I am not picking at you because I really like and respect you but a 'decent' wedding isn't about money. Mine cost very little and was amazing.

Money aside, (to the OP) please wait, think, wait and think again, you have so long ahead, a long engagement sounds a lovely idea. x
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Officially two years with my boyfriend today ^^
    Super happy, even though I don't get to see him.
    Right ear: 3x lobe [1x 8mm], rook.
    Left ear: 2x lobe [1x 8mm], auricle, tragus, conch
    Other: Septum, nipples

I am Flo, the short and buttery one

I want Pat's babies

No one misses the quiet kid...