Thread: General Relationship Thread

gandy

naked boobies on back of neck while trying to play ps2 games???

hm... see, now I worry that could be construed as an annoyance.
    --
    Various piercings and inks.
    Show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Vanity :: Create

Quote Originally Posted by paran0ir View Post
    Argh... was really nervous before a dental procedure yesterday, so to take my mind off it, my other half decided to list things that he disliked about me. Some of them were quite, well... unexpected.

Now there's weirdness.

That's a bit.. odd.

And pretty harsh seeming as you were feeling nervous and in pain already.. wtf did he think was gonna come of that?!

Quote Originally Posted by paran0ir View Post
    hm... see, now I worry that could be construed as an annoyance.
    definantly not
    hi im dom
    http://www.myspace.com/wear_fishes

12mm lobes,Side lip and Nostril

Quote Originally Posted by rozi View Post

That's a bit.. odd.

And pretty harsh seeming as you were feeling nervous and in pain already.. wtf did he think was gonna come of that?!
    normally we joke around a lot, and never take things seriously, but there was just something really different in his tone yesterday.

Hm.
    --
    Various piercings and inks.
    Show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Vanity :: Create

gandy

*hugs claire*

im sure it will be ok

Quote Originally Posted by Youki-Hi View Post
    I know some people who have lasted army relationships pretty well. My dad was a fighter pilot but he gave it up to be with my mum. Anyway, how do you define a "proper" couple. I don't think there is a normal when it comes to relationships. My flatmate is always going on about how me and Simon argue too much to be in a proper relationship and how it's not normal to argue that much. I just think, screw her, it's working for us...it can be tough but you just decide whether it's worth it or not. If I were you I'd definitely talk about it, but I wouldn't give up, it sounds like he makes you happy.

the whole 'proper' couple thing is 'cause i know we'll never be 'in love'. i don't think we'll even love each other to be honest. we've both had bad experiences so for now we're just rolling with the punches and seeing where it takes us. we only see each other once every couple of weeks (apart from wednesday when he surprised me!) and even then we don't do coupley things. i suppose it's early on in our relationship, we've been seeing each other for just over a month, and when he gets back from his holiday we can see each other for a whole day and he wants to do coupley things like go shopping together, go to the cinema and all. i'll have a good talk to him and see how he feels as well. i don't want to let him go cause i've waited three years for him and he's waited for me, it seems like it would be a waste of what we have and i don't want to regret not letting something happen.

rhi- i think its good that youre being honest with yourself, and if you truly think that perhaps he isnt the kind of guy who can give you what you want, it might be easier to end things now before they go on too long.
    Benji
    Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

Gandy, as everyone else has already said, it's brilliant to have that kind of attitude.
    Me and my recent ex are still good friends (although, stupidly, sometimes too good a friend) and talk most days, and while I've had many people telling me that I need to break off completely, I feel it helps me more to chat to him, he still tells me everything he's doing.

In some ways it feels things haven't changed, we just don't see each other as much. I'm still trying to get used to not having someone holding me when I go to sleep.

But we were together for 3 years, I could never just cut him out of my life, he was an important part of it.

and Paran0ir, that's rather odd!
    Alex

Piercings: Ears x 7 various, Tongue, Septum, Navel, Inverse Navel, VCH, Microdermal on wrist, 2 Microdermals on upper back

Tattoos: Dragon on back, Lily on wrist, Swallow on foot.

Quote Originally Posted by blackasher View Post
    rhi- i think its good that youre being honest with yourself, and if you truly think that perhaps he isnt the kind of guy who can give you what you want, it might be easier to end things now before they go on too long.
    i think it's too early to be thinking of ending it with him. i wanna see how we both deal with doing proper couple things. he said he wants to be like a proper boyfriend when he comes back from turkey and has leave, he wants to go shopping and sit in bute park in cardiff and be silly together.... i think when we have those days together i'll talk to him and see what he wants and where he sees us going. if we have an amazing time together i'll leave it though. he said that he's gonna try and get back every other weekend and spend the whole weekend with me, or try and get back on a thursday night and spend friday together etc etc.

it'll be easier when i get my car sorted too....