Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote Originally Posted by catface View Post
    I hated having to move back in with my mum a couple years ago, so I know what you mean :/
    All in all I spent about 6 years living away from home, so now having to move back isn't great. But hopefully it will only be a year and I'll be off some where else again.

The fact that my close friendships never really last. We either drift apart or, more rarely, actually fall out with each other. And, for some reason, I always get my hopes up and feel broken every time things like that happen. Meh, maybe it's just me. :(
    Last edited by ThatPsycho; 11-05-2015 at 11:57 AM.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPsycho View Post
    The fact that my close friendships never really last. We either drift apart or, more rarely, actually fall out with each other. And, for some reason, I always get my hopes up and feel broken every time things like that happen. Meh, maybe it's just me. :(
    It's not you :-)

It's partly a symptom of growing up I think, we have certain types of friends during certain periods of our lives. Only a very small proportion of them stay throughout your entire life. I know that probably doesn't help much at the moment, but I can assure you chances are there is nothing wrong with you :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mole90 View Post

It's partly a symptom of growing up I think, we have certain types of friends during certain periods of our lives. Only a very small proportion of them stay throughout your entire life. I know that probably doesn't help much at the moment, but I can assure you chances are there is nothing wrong with you :-)
    Aww, thanks so much.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

People who are proud of the fact they practice unsafe sex. I don't mean 'crap, I got my dates wrong' or 'I'm actively trying for a baby' but the sort of 'i stopped contraception years ago despite having multiple partners and lying to them about it'.

I know that someone else's reproductive choices are none of my business, and it's not really a person's desire to get pregnant that annoys me. More the blatant lying and manipulation of the other party.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Quote Originally Posted by Mole90 View Post

Yeah, it's sad that it's that way. I haven't made any friends in years, I don't know how to make friends in the adult world and I'm really shy. Growing up can get lonely for a lot of people I think.
    Current: lobe x8, helix x5, tragus x2, rook, lower lip, tongue, horizontal eyebrow, navel x4, VCH, right nipple, left nostril
    Retired: lobe x2, nipple x5.
    Want: second nipple and whatever else takes my fancy!

I'm in one of those really annoying, catch-22 situations. Good grooming equipment is expensive, I know that, and having all my own kit would make it easier for me to find a job BUT having a job would be really useful in helping to pay for the kit in the first place.

Sometimes it would be useful to be one of those people who can spend money without having to think about it!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by Woooooody View Post
    Yeah, it's sad that it's that way. I haven't made any friends in years, I don't know how to make friends in the adult world and I'm really shy. Growing up can get lonely for a lot of people I think.

Yeah it's tricky. When I did my PGCE I moved near a lot of my close friends that all in work and by default met a bunch of new people. Only problem being when they were all going out to pubs/parties/gatherings I was like "Sorry.....Essays to write and lessons to plan".

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woooooody View Post
    If you ever fancy coffee and a friend round these parts hit me up! I'm ridiculously awkward at first so I talk a lot. The talking thing doesn't really get less as you get to know me but the awkward totally does
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Friend: "Don't drink when you go to the concert tonight."

Me: "I wasn't planning on drinking, because there's no point paying money to see one of my favourite bands if I'm going to get drunk and not remember it."

Friend: "Yeah, but I know what you can be like."

No. No, you don't. If I say I'm not drinking tonight, I won't drink. I may have done stupid things since starting uni, but I don't need you to tell me how I should live my life or treat me like I'm a stupid child incapable of making decisions for herself. Ffs.