Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

My mum's fiance.

My mum invited some family up today to say goodbye to me because I'm moving into my university accommodation this Sunday. We had a few drinks and were having amazing time - it was so lovely to see my family before I move out. Then my mum and her fiance started arguing, and he called her a pr*ck. Four people heard him say that, but he denied it every time and claimed he didn't say it, even though he so obviously did. I was really p*ssed off at him being so disrespectful to my mum to not admit to what he said, but I also got pretty upset because it reminded me of what he used to do a few years ago when he used to mutter under his breath about me or my mum and then deny it so it looked like I was either making things up to cause problems between him and my mum or hearing things. At one point, which was when I was about to start my first year of college, he said maybe I was thinking he was saying things because I was stressed about starting college, but I know he did say those things. I dislike him so, so much. He never admits when he has done something wrong and always blames it on someone or something else. It's always, always "I'm sorry, but..." rather than "I'm sorry for what he did".

And today, after he refused to admit to what he said to my mum, he started trying to hug us and kept telling us he loved us, even though he still didn't admit what he did. He told me that he loves me so much and that he's my dad and that he wouldn't hurt me. That's pretty much bullsh*t because he knows I don't like him and I'm pretty sure he feels the same way about me - we mostly only talk when we have to. He tried to hug me even when I was pushing him away and saying I don't want to hug him or even talk to him. Then he told me to hug him and tried to move my arms to make me hug him. As if hugging someone makes everything okay and cancels out what you've done. It's like he thinks that, if he does that, he won't have to admit his mistakes or give a proper apology.

Ugh, I'm so glad I won't have to see him when I move to Sheffield. My mum and little sister are my world and I will miss them so much, but I won't miss him at all. I'll be glad to leave him.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

I HATE when people don't answer text messages. HATE HATE HATE it. Huge pet peeve. Especially when it's an important question I need an answer
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Thehorror View Post
    I HATE when people don't answer text messages. HATE HATE HATE it. Huge pet peeve. Especially when it's an important question I need an answer
    I am with you on that!!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

People who are constantly on the butt of my car... I hate being tailgated! Or, any aggressive drivers, really. People need to chill out on the road.

Should have known this would happen eventually. It always happens and I hate it. I just feel like crying my eyes out right now.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

People being downright rude and treating people with more experience in the area as though they're idiots lacking basic knowledge.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

^^^That.

Also, when people who should really know better act like spoiled brats and refuse to take any form of advice or input from anyone while contradicting themselves repeatedly.

I mean COME ON.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I really hate our bed! It's so inconvenient and noisy and I just want a bed that doesn't require a ladder to get in/out of!

Problem is, we literally have no room for a normal bed and squishing into a single bed kills my back. ARGH!!!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Kinda annoyed by the fact it's the first week of tutorials and people are already like 'I haven't done the reading and I didnt go to the lecture'

like I spent four hours yesterday doing the reading and making notes on it, and I went to the lecture and worked really hard to make sure my notes were good. It just annoys me, like why do I bother doing all this work when other people turn up and benefit from what I've done? :(
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    People being downright rude and treating people with more experience in the area as though they're idiots lacking basic knowledge.
    ^^ this. We get this a lot with doctors who have literally spent 3 minutes with the patient and then making a decision about their care which we nurses believe inappropriate. What do we know, we just spend 13 hours a day with our patient, huh?