Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Feeling like someone is just giving me the run around. The jewellery fiasco continues with Volume 1,000,000: the designs. Got a call from the jeweller yesterday at 2 just as I left my grandad's wake asking if I preferred x or y, told him I didn't know and would like to see a design for both options. He sounded a bit out out about having to do 2 designs but said I'd have them by the end of the day. Gave him my (horrifically awkward) email address over the phone then later on worried he might have noted it down wrong so dropped him a message through his websites contact form (no email address on the site) so he had a copy of mines. Still no designs. So fed up but feel like I have nothing I can do about it all. Argh! Frustration central!
    Urgh, how annoying hun :(
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

My supervisor is not responding to my e-mails. I need to know if the university has the equipment I need. They will have, it's just that the labs are being renovated over summer (just when all us MSc students have our dissertation projects to be doing! There's already been a faff regarding mine because we have one tiny dry lab we can work in and mine... Isn't dry, so I technically can't do it there.) so I have no idea where any of the equipment is. I just need a bunch of test tubes, that's it (oh, and being told where the UV spectrometer is would be handy too). Sigh.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

People just instantly presuming I don't know what I'm talking about. Just because I dont always show an interest doesn't mean I don't know about it.
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    People just instantly presuming I don't know what I'm talking about. Just because I dont always show an interest doesn't mean I don't know about it.
    Aaaaargghhhh!! I hate that!!

My "what grinds my gears" today is STILL being told how and when to do this and that at work. "Fill up the coffee bowl" "Clean that tray" etc. etc. Just little things that I obviously don't HAVE to be told to do after 6 years of doing this every goddamn summer. Just shut up!
    Last edited by MidnightDreamer22; 07-17-2015 at 07:21 PM.
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

People constantly commenting on other people and their eating habits (and other general things they might be doing). "Watch your fingers." (While eating), "You won't lose weight eating kebabs for lunch.", "Are you even typing anything or are you just tapping the keys?" Ugh, worry about yourself rather than commenting on everything other people do, you aren't perfect you know!
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Far too many no-shows at work this week. Really fed-up with rude, inconsiderate people.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

whoever designed the course option selection for Manchester university clearly has no concept of a good UI

you'd think that, considering its the biggest university in the country dealing with thousands of students, it would have an easy to use website?
    Nope.

On my course, for second year, you have two compulsory modules and four that are free choice, and at least three of these have to come from Sociology. I've chosen three Sociology modules, leaving me with one completely free choice in semester two. It can come from ANY second year semester 2 course that accepts students from outside it's discipline.

But can I easily search for this? No. Excluding the search system where you register for courses, there are at least three other search options with varying degrees of filters and information.
    I understand keeping the course registration search separate from the other search options (for sake of speed) but why not have one designated space for course search, instead of having me chase down the information from different sources?

ugh. I'm praying to all of the gods that theres an open English/History module in semester 2 next year but I'm not optimistic. Sigh.
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Quote Originally Posted by MxSherwood89 View Post
    Far too many no-shows at work this week. Really fed-up with rude, inconsiderate people.
    Gargh! First 2 dogs this morning have cancelled last-minute. Just GARGH!!!

I am so done with this week.
    Last edited by MxSherwood89; 07-18-2015 at 09:15 AM.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

The wishy-washy-ness of the majority of baby clothes :/ and how soooo much is pink for girls and blue for boys. Or white.

I thought I'd look for a snowsuit this morning. Pink, blue, or white. White. Snowsuit. Why would you put your child in a WHITE SNOWsuit?!
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I think I'm missing the point here but why wouldn't you put them in a white snowsuit? It's an outdoor coat it's not going to get food all over it and a tiny baby isn't going to splash through muddy puddles :s

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.