Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

My mum's fiance speaking to my mum like she's stupid. It infuriates me so much.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Quote Originally Posted by beautiful-disaster View Post
    urgh, what grinds my gears?

randomly getting a letter through for an MRI scan in little over 2 weeks time after being told i no longer needed one; or if i did it would be further on in the year u__u
    Whaaaat? Urgh how annoying!!

On another medical note, finally getting the call from neurology, I booked a telephone consultation for 2.50pm. I get a call at 10am when I was sleeping just to get a time and date barked at me and told it will be sent in a letter. Least I got back to sleep ok lol! Frustrating thing is that I have to wait over 2 months but least it's booked in now.

Also blatantly rude, whiny people.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

My housemates not understanding the concept that the electricity meter beeps when it is running out of juice, and therefore not doing anything about it when it is their turn to top up. I was so angry to come home to no electricity I stomped out of the flat to top it up... leaving my keys in my room. I was locked out for five hours :(
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Senior Member beautiful-disaster's Avatar

Yeah its a bit crap hazel. Need to get ptfe for my vch and nipple along with the rest!

Grace you poor thing! I'd be asking for the money back from them
    What I have
    Left ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , daith , conch
    Right ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , tragus , scaffold , rook
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

double nostrils, nipple (L), orbital, cleavage MD's, christina

call me Manda
    ^3^

Quote Originally Posted by CenturyChild View Post
    My housemates not understanding the concept that the electricity meter beeps when it is running out of juice, and therefore not doing anything about it when it is their turn to top up. I was so angry to come home to no electricity I stomped out of the flat to top it up... leaving my keys in my room. I was locked out for five hours :(
    The wonders of modern living - when I was in student digs, the meter simply stopped (no warning) when it ran out of money, and you needed a fistful of 10p pieces to feed it (and the same with the gas meter). But the housemates definitely need training to not allow it to get to that state.

Being locked out for five hours seems ridiculous - what caused the delay (I assume you were able to stay somewhere reasonable during the delay)?

Quote Originally Posted by beautiful-disaster View Post
    Yeah its a bit crap hazel. Need to get ptfe for my vch and nipple along with the rest!

Grace you poor thing! I'd be asking for the money back from them
    Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    The wonders of modern living - when I was in student digs, the meter simply stopped (no warning) when it ran out of money, and you needed a fistful of 10p pieces to feed it (and the same with the gas meter). But the housemates definitely need training to not allow it to get to that state.

Being locked out for five hours seems ridiculous - what caused the delay (I assume you were able to stay somewhere reasonable during the delay)?

Hah I haven't even got the student house excuse anymore, we're all "professionals" in a flat share, but they're just not as forward thinking. I will be asking for that money back as my outgoings have been more than I previously planned so I am stretched.

I was out for so long because my housemates all have 9-5 jobs and unfortunately I had few options on where to go as all my mates were at work, it wasn't so bad though, I had a nice long walk down southsea sea front, which killed time. I just need to learn to not get so peed off that I don't think about picking up my keys.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Quote Originally Posted by CenturyChild View Post
    Hah I haven't even got the student house excuse anymore, we're all "professionals" in a flat share, but they're just not as forward thinking. I will be asking for that money back as my outgoings have been more than I previously planned so I am stretched.
    It sounds like everyone needs to work out the amount used per week/month and then make that much available at the start of each month (plus a bit extra probably). I would definitely ask for the money back, as it shouldn't be up to you to pay for everyone else.

At my work, all the different departments have different uniforms. A few years ago I asked the GM why the supervisors in one department were allowed to wear their own clothes (not just like jeans and stuff, smart business dress/suits) and I wasn't allowed, despite being the head of my department. He explained it wasn't a done thing throughout other units across the estate. I accepted this, fair enough. I've come into work tonight and the 2 team leaders of a different department are now wearing their own clothes also. So why am I still having to wear my crappy uniform?! I think a senior member of staff should be distinguishable from other members of the team. I feel like it gives a better impression to customers, as I believe if I'm dressed differently, when I attempt to diffuse any situations that arise, I will be given more respect. It will be obvious I'm a more senior member of staff. Someone please tell me if I'm over exaggerating here, but to me it just doesn't seem fair. I'm going to ask the manager tonight to please explain to me why the other departments get to have their different dress codes for different levels of superiority, and ask if I can be allowed to wear my own clothes.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Quote Originally Posted by catface View Post
    At my work, all the different departments have different uniforms. A few years ago I asked the GM why the supervisors in one department were allowed to wear their own clothes (not just like jeans and stuff, smart business dress/suits) and I wasn't allowed, despite being the head of my department. He explained it wasn't a done thing throughout other units across the estate. I accepted this, fair enough. I've come into work tonight and the 2 team leaders of a different department are now wearing their own clothes also. So why am I still having to wear my crappy uniform?! I think a senior member of staff should be distinguishable from other members of the team. I feel like it gives a better impression to customers, as I believe if I'm dressed differently, when I attempt to diffuse any situations that arise, I will be given more respect. It will be obvious I'm a more senior member of staff. Someone please tell me if I'm over exaggerating here, but to me it just doesn't seem fair. I'm going to ask the manager tonight to please explain to me why the other departments get to have their different dress codes for different levels of superiority, and ask if I can be allowed to wear my own clothes.
    That's ridiculous, you're being singled out if everyone else at your level is allowed their own dress code and you're not.

Only downside is you can't claim the uniform allowance but it's worth it imo! I always preferred wearing suits when I worked in senior positions out the home!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Politicians (deliberately?) misusing the terms debt and deficit, and conflating "tax avoidance" with "tax evasion".