Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    I guess using that term more people will understand what they mean than if they used the correct term (or the writer just hasn't bothered to research what they are writing about) but either way its still a ridiculous article.
    It's contradictory though, they will use the term genital mutilation but not genital piercing....idiots.

I'd also like to see more on this and if it just covers London or what :/
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    It's contradictory though, they will use the term genital mutilation but not genital piercing....idiots.

I'd also like to see more on this and if it just covers London or what :/
    From several newspaper reports it seems to be a NHS-wide policy, initiated by the WHO. From what I've read, all women/girls with genital piercings in the labia or clitoris will be reported as a victim of FGM.

So why are female genital piercings considered mutilation but male ones are not? =/
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Nothing is ever good enough. I'm getting so much dumped on me but whatever I do is not enough. Don't need this
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    From several newspaper reports it seems to be a NHS-wide policy, initiated by the WHO. From what I've read, all women/girls with genital piercings in the labia or clitoris will be reported as a victim of FGM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    So why are female genital piercings considered mutilation but male ones are not? =/
    It's actually pissing me off so much. Who are they to tell consenting adults, sorry... WOMEN, they're victims, when there are real victims who are actually suffering.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Quote Originally Posted by catface View Post
    It's actually pissing me off so much. Who are they to tell consenting adults, sorry... WOMEN, they're victims, when there are real victims who are actually suffering.
    I think the thinking is: there are some women who were non-consensually pierced as children, so it is easier to just record *all* women with piercings as victims, rather than trying to work out which ones obtained the piercing voluntarily.

The problem with this approach is that any statistics obtained will be meaningless, as there will just be a single figure for all piercings recorded.

Being unable to bring myself to do this damn Chemistry revision. -_-
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

The fact that the government are taking benefits off people but helping first time buyers buy a house!

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyQuinn7 View Post
    The fact that the government are taking benefits off people but helping first time buyers buy a house!
    They aren't helping first time buyers - it is a gift to first-time-house sellers. Along with HTB it is simply a way to prop up house prices.

Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    They aren't helping first time buyers - it is a gift to first-time-house sellers. Along with HTB it is simply a way to prop up house prices.
    Yet people are starving and are being made homeless because they can't afford their rent, aye that's fair