Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosasaurr View Post
    oh snap.

they told us when we signed the contracts that we'd be only paying half rent through summer
    If they told you that for certain, then why would you even say that 'you're praying that they'll let you pay half'? O_o

Anyway, I would be very, very surprised if you pay half rent over summer. Especially in somewhere like Manchester. Contracts are for the year, landlords generally don't give a toss whether you're living there or not.

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

I'm 90% sure it does, because when we asked for it to start in july they said that if you have a contract for summer they will only charge you half. We're ringing up and asking about everything though. Nothing ever goes easy - I'm not bothered about paying the full lot it just means that I'm going to have to be super careful when I'm on holiday. Thankfully I've still got £500 of my loan left.
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

in a little over 2 weeks, I'll be living... god knows where. This not knowing is not helping my mental health or my stress levels in any way, shape or form.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Quote Originally Posted by x_Clover_x View Post
    Happy birthday sleeeepyhollow, hope something lovely happens and cheers you up x
    <3

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Every spare minute, Devon has his best friend round. I'm not being funny Ive specifically stayed off work because I have a migraine and feel like utter sh*t, I really don't like this guy and I certainly don't like his little girl jumping all over my furniture.
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

you decide NOW to tell us you're not living with us.

Now.
    when we move in in 2 weeks.

when, if we cant find someone to take over your contract by September we either have to move out or pay your rent too.
    when, if we have to move out, I risk being potentially homeless as I need good transport links to Manchester and if I leave it too late I wont be able to get a place in halls.

thank you. THANK YOU SO MUCH <3

also, I'm praying we only pay half rent over the summer because if we have to pay full rent I'm f**ked for July.
    YES it is half rent for the summer ^.^ though that leaves me possibly screwed for the end of this month it's a lot better than the alternative so I'm not complaining

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

YES it is half rent for the summer ^.^ though that leaves me possibly screwed for the end of this month it's a lot better than the alternative so I'm not complaining
    Great news!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Ugh... pregnancy and baby forums... I posted asking for advice on going this alone. When things are rough with baby like lack of sleep, colic, screaming for no known reason etc, how do you go it alone? I also mentioned that I would be figuring this out whilst also caring for my mum through chemotherapy and other treatments. Again, alone. Just looking for a bit of general advice, maybe some links to websites to read etc...

Instead, I got:
    "Being a single mum is not a new thing in society Hun, it's been done for centuries and for many different reasons. How do you think women coped when they got pregnant during their husbands leave during World Wars 1 & 2? And the fathers never came back? Or in some communities, even today, it's tradition for the man to not do anything at all! Or even be around.

Women were made physically and physiologically to have babies.....the answer is we do it because we have to and because we can despite everything.

You have to find inner strength, make sure you get some kind of help ( even if it's a crèche a few hours a week, it helps) and you have to cope. I had no help really as my mum is disabled and I am 40! It's been fine and you learn lots of techniques and ways to do things alone and sometimes when you gotta have a shower..baby sits in the bathroom with you etc etc.

You will be fine.There are much much tougher things in life that people have to cope with than being a single mum."
    I may just be an emotional wreck and over-reacting but... that wasn't helpful in the least. I feel quite condescended. No shit others do it. I'm asking how. No shit there are tougher things in life - did you miss the part about my mother being terminal? I won't bother next time..
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

I'm not even you and that made me want to punch whoever wrote it.

I guess it was probably supposed to be inspirational or whatever but jeez o.O the literal only good piece of advice in that is needing some extra support but even that's vague as hell.

*goes to chill on STFU parents for a while before I set fire to the internet*

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

I have to say baby/parenting forums are one of the worst places ever on the internet, they're best WELL avoided.

I suggest seeking out local groups and meeting potential and single mums or someone who can help face to face, you'll get much more genuine and honest help/advice/support that way.

I really recommend http://www.home-start.org.uk/ they are a wonderful organisation and help families who need support for any reason. Someone will come out to you each week to give you practical solutions and also point you in the right direction for other specific points of access to other support and advice/help.

I am pretty sure they have a befriending scheme as well so they can put you in touch with other people in your area who also want new friends in the same situation, age group, area etc.

All their services and support is free of charge, all volunteers are screened and CRB checked etc.

I think going down that route is usually better as people won't be cocky/nasty when not hiding behind a screen a lot of the forum warriors on parenting sites are very angry, bitter women venting their problems out to unsuspecting people asking for help. I'm sad to see it's not changed any, I had a look back in 2003, never again! I was a prominent member on a parenting site for years though but I never once left the finance/benefits section as I have a lot of experience in that field, so it was practical advice/help only.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<