Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

When someone asks for your opinion and then completely ignores it if it wasn't what they wanted to hear.
    Piercings (some retired) - Septum, nose, double eyebrow, left tragus, left nipple, lip, rook, left lobe and multiple cartalidge.
    - Tattoo of a fantasy style sword on my calf
    - Raven perched on pocket watch tattoo on my right arm
    - Evil skeletal jester on the other calf
    Here's to love, the sickness
    The great martyr of the soul
    Here's to life, the vice
    The great herald of misery

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomos View Post
    When someone asks for your opinion and then completely ignores it if it wasn't what they wanted to hear.
    That happens sooo often, I tend to give really vague or no opinions to people who I know do that now.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

My laptop connecting to pages like facebook, tumblr and my forums easy as pie - pages I reload multiple times a day. But my lesser, or never, used websites? Nope, no can do.

I can only assume it's the wind!? Ugh.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

disgustingly vile people who are drunk in Manchester.

I was waiting for a taxi back to halls outside the coach station and there was a muslim woman behind me wearing a headscarf. It's flipping freezing in Manchester at half past midnight and this woman comes up to the muslim woman and starts pulling on her headscarf saying she wishes she was a muslim so she could be warm.

A. that's completely disrespectful to the (very very nice) womans faith and YOU JUST DONT DO THAT
    B. yes, it's cold, I was cold too. Maybe if we'd been dressed more appropriately for feburary weather in Manchester we'd have been warmer..?

the woman shouted back at them and then immediately felt really guilty and was saying how bad she felt. She was really, really nice and I was talking to her making sure she was okay because I know how awful it is for strangers to harass you in public, especially over clothing. I hope she's okay and not too shook up =/ people like that really do make me hate humanity.
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

People delivering parcels, they always knock and walk away without even waiting two seconds, we don't even get a chance to answer before they're gone! I'm sure they think we live next to the front door.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by MissSherwood89 View Post
    People delivering parcels, they always knock and walk away without even waiting two seconds, we don't even get a chance to answer before they're gone! I'm sure they think we live next to the front door.
    I know what you mean! Last week someone knocked and in the time it took me to get out of bed and downstairs (less than a minute), he'd already botheredy my neighbour who also works nights so was probably also in bed.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Im in an active group on facebook and a girl posted a photo. It has 30 odd comments and the very last comment is a girl asking a question. This question was previously asked earlier on in the comments but the last comment girl must have read all the comments to know what it was about anyway as the main post didnt give it away.
    Also grinding my gears is that i cant seem to word this correctly.
    For example: Photo of a cupcake.
    Comments on said cupcake. About 10 of how amazing it looks then halfway through 'oh wow what is it?' 'its a gooey chocolate centre cupcake' 'oh how did you make that?' '*explanation* few more comments about how amazing it is before last girls comment ' 'how did you get the gooey centre?'
    Ugh!

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

When people edit/delete stuff online to make it look like you're either crazy or they've done nothing wrong. I don't normally mind too much but I've seen this no less than FOUR times today!

Just admit you shouldn't have said it instead of looking daft, no one is perfect, we all make mistakes.

Geesh what do these people do in RL situations? Argue they never said anything of the sort...? Wait, they probably do. Sigh.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

People spelling gorgeous as 'gawjus'. I see it so often I swear everyone thinks that's how it's actually spelt.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by MissSherwood89 View Post
    People spelling gorgeous as 'gawjus'. I see it so often I swear everyone thinks that's how it's actually spelt.
    They might do! With the number of people who don't know the difference between passed/past, why/while, their/there/they're and so on it's probably true. It's sad because I know someone who has adamant that they were never clearly taught the difference in school. Guess if auto-correct does the work for you then you don't learn? That and possible poor teaching?

GMG someone trying to justify me spending $21 to get a replacement $17 tongue bar sent to me. Erm...no, just no.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<