Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Yeah, there have been many threads where people have come for support because they couldn't bf or pregnant first time mums mentioning they're thinking of formula feeding, they're left feeling like failures once the nazi breast feeders get in there. I just roll my eyes and don't even bother reading the threads now - I just read this one because it lasted for 5 pages of niceness! Now, I'm strong enough to stand up for myself but, if I'm not at the time, I hope Colin gets his crap together and stands up for me! I know my mum will when/if she's there.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

My sister has no help whatsoever in breastfeeding, they told her "it will happen if he wants to latch on". She hadn't got a clue what to do, they didn't even help her by showing her what to do. I'm not sure if Owen ever actually breastfed come to think of it...

She had an awful experience in pregnancy/childbirth, they told her my nephew had a cleft pallet and harelip, was told he has a high chance of having down's syndrome. She had to go to groups for expecting mums with baby's with these "issues" as they called them. In her labour she developed tachycardia and was then told her baby had a high chance of being a stillborn.

When Owen was born, he was a perfectly normal baby, if anything he was perfect. The only little thing that was "wrong" was the shape of his head from the forceps, he had a little cone head for a couple of days!
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    Yeah, there have been many threads where people have come for support because they couldn't bf or pregnant first time mums mentioning they're thinking of formula feeding, they're left feeling like failures once the nazi breast feeders get in there. I just roll my eyes and don't even bother reading the threads now - I just read this one because it lasted for 5 pages of niceness! Now, I'm strong enough to stand up for myself but, if I'm not at the time, I hope Colin gets his crap together and stands up for me! I know my mum will when/if she's there.
    Good good! I had to stay in hospital for 4 days after having my son so I was often on my own and got very little support with feeding. Fortunately my sister had told me a lot and I'd done a lot of research but he wasn't for having it a lot of the time lol!

It's so lovely when you find good support and threads but like you say all it takes is on bf-nazi and they ruin it all. Sigh.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

surely, so long as you're not feeding your baby vodka or letting it starve, nobody should have a problem?? people confuse me o.O

today - the office here closes at 3pm... which I just found out in an email... when it's supposed to be open til 5.30pm. Not too bad except I've got a parcel waiting for me with stuff I need in it that I wont be able to pick up til Monday. *rage*
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Dont you get special pumps anyway? so just mummymilk out of a bottle? What do they actually have to get uppity about?

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

The general consensus from the mums in my family and the majority on the board is that pumping is really rubbish! There are so many women I've read about on the forum who'd need to be literally attached to the pump 24/7 to express enough to feed their baby for the day. I've no idea how those work though!
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

The manager at the salon I help out at, haven't heard a thing from her since I was last in (Christmas eve) but now she wants me in tomorrow, the one day I'm actually really busy! I feel really bad saying no (and lord knows I need money) but I just can't do it.

Also Monkey is being super annoying today, I think she knows she won't have our room to herself anymore once the bunnies get here.

ETA: Apparently this email was from December but it's only just popped now as if it was new. I was JUST about to hit reply before I noticed!
    Last edited by MxSherwood89; 02-21-2014 at 05:49 PM.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    Dont you get special pumps anyway? so just mummymilk out of a bottle? What do they actually have to get uppity about?
    By the time I'd given up my nipples were a mess, painful and I was on the verge of mastitis so pumping was a no-go anyway and as Toni said they're a royal pain in the arse anyway.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Ah right! I know nothing about babies/mummy things apart from whats on teen mom on mtv ahah

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    Ah right! I know nothing about babies/mummy things apart from whats on teen mom on mtv ahah
    No problem! I'd have probably gone down that route if it was viable but bottles all the way plus you don't have to feed them exclusively, anyone can