Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomos View Post
    People who add you on facebook who then completely ignore you when you try to be pleasant and engage them in conversation. Why add me if you ignore my messages and have absolutely no intention of ever talking to me?! I think it is just sooo rude.
    To be fair not everyone uses the message system on Facebook. Add into that Facebook can be a nightmare and not notify people half the time that they have messages and it just fails at being a way to correspond with people.

I'd say if you want to chat with someone then get their email or Skype address or even phone number to actually converse. I've seen so many people get upset over this just to find out it's Facebook glitching.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Everything today. Noisy child on the bus, bus stopping at every bloody stop (I know, HOW DARE IT STOP AT THE BUS STOPS?!), people in general, esp. people acting like victims.

I've worked a week of night shifts after coming off mornings for the 2 weeks before that, I'm absolutely exhausted. I've had an 8 hour turnaround today so had at most about 4 hours sleep. Basically everything is p*ssing me off today.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    To be fair not everyone uses the message system on Facebook. Add into that Facebook can be a nightmare and not notify people half the time that they have messages and it just fails at being a way to correspond with people.

I'd say if you want to chat with someone then get their email or Skype address or even phone number to actually converse. I've seen so many people get upset over this just to find out it's Facebook glitching.
    Haha, soooo many times I've felt ignored/upset only to discover they've not even gotten my messages or vice versa! Now I take it with a pinch of salt and skype/text them after a bit if I need a reply about something >.<
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

My fb glitches all the time, drives me bonkers!
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

Jumped up, arrogant, interfering breast feeders. Wooo, people need to reevaluate themselves. If ONE person feels the need to voice their opinion over how I feed my baby once he/she is here, prepare to be told where to shove yourself. My baby, my body, my way.

On a forum I visit, a woman posted a link to an article that explains why breast isn't always best, such as when mother is producing no milk, baby can't latch on properly, baby isn't getting enough milk per feed etc.

The damn thread ended up in 21 pages of arguing because the breast feeding brigade wandered in with their thoughtless "if you have more support, you can do it" or "if you really want to, you can" bullcrap.

Shut up.

Right.. I have no milk! If I wish really hard, it'll start sprouting out me! Right?! Wrong.

I will feed my baby the way I choose to and if anyone so much as expresses an opinion about it, they'll be told to shut the f up and get their head out their butt.

I just want to post a gif of this little girl... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A6Bu96ALOw
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Lol at the vid.

Yeah BF-Nazis are the worst. Sadly I got little support in hospital as well, "just keep trying" - well please do tell me how I'm supposed to force a newborn baby to latch on when his mouth simply cannot do it? Crazy.

I was pretty much made to feel like crap cos I couldn't BF for more than about 5 days. It was hideous, I was stressed, ill, my baby was getting stressed so bottles it was. And tbh if I had another I'd bottle feed from the start because the pain and stress we both went through wasn't worth it and I would never ever want that again or wish it on anyone.

This is another reason why if I had another I would literally BAN myself from any kind of baby/parenting website, not worth it for me anyway. :|
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yeah, I saw the state my sister was reduced to when she tried and kept at it for weeks even though it just wasn't working because no one told her it would be okay to use formula. Everyone told her to just keep trying. Try this, try that. Nowt worked! Eventually, she told my mum how bad it was and my mum was able to support her in switching to formula.

I will be formula feeding and I'm never going to be made to feel like I have to say "yeah, I formula feed... because a, b, c and d." No. I formula feed, that is the decision we've made after lots of thought and that is all you need to know! Not happy? Go cry yourself to sleep, I don't care!

The attitude bf-nazis have is, if you want to formula feed, you're just not educated enough in why breast is best - you should go research. I almost got myself banned from a forum where someone said that to me LOL.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

My friend attempted to breast feed but it was practically impossible. Her nipples were sore and cracked and bleeding. Her baby was getting blood in with the milk when he could eventually latch on. I saw her do it when he was about 4 days old and she looked like she was in sooooo much pain, it was awful to watch. Eventually she had to give up trying after about a week because he wasn't getting enough milk. Luckily her midwife was really good and really helped her. She still felt real guilty but it was for the best. For both her and her baby.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

I'm lucky that I've got a really good community midwife who made it clear at my first appointment that she's all for what's best for baby and me, whether that's breast or bottle! And a great support system in my mum. And an "I don't care what you think" attitude in regards to it - although I'm not ruling out that changing!

Midwives were fine with me before the birth because it was just a case of I'm going to bf so got support with that. The ones in hospital and who came to me after hospital discharge were ok but just told me to keep trying, one was pretty good but I only saw her once. I already had everything in in case of switching to bottle just in case so the transition was easy once my ex husband and mum saw just how bad it was and just told me to stop and gave me tons of love/support. I was trying to battle through it because I had it in my head I was a failure :/

I'd never ever ever let anyone comment on my feeding methods if/when I have another, they would get cut off at the start of every single sentence. As long as you are doing the right thing - ie feeding baby correctly in whatever manner chosen then no one should ever be commenting ever unless it's to support you.

I've learned so much from having my first, I'd be tough as iron with another