Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Oh my days Toni! Some people never fail to amaze me with their lack of common sense/ability to follow simple instructions!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Haha, I tended to just block them out, did occasionally point out where they could find the information, if they weren't one of the irritating people who had a new (and pointless) question daily. The OU are actually very good with laying out use of materials, they're a little more vague for online resources. Plus, every OU course states to begin with the Learning companion/module companion, it's common sense really.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Someone else: "I'm writing my TMA and rambling on, what can I do? I'm going over my word count! I don't know if I'm doing it right! How do I know if I'm doing it right or wrong?"

No one replied...

And there's some kind of war going on between the people following the study guide and those who are weeks ahead. I finally broke today and told them all to shut up, stop being pathetic and start worrying about themselves, not internet strangers - if we wanted this drama, we could have went to a real uni with "real" people! -_____-
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

'Brick' uni. Open University is a real university.
    Follow the guidance notes? It can get quite competitive in the groups (esp results groups), i've never really minded as i'm quite competitive against myself.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Not so much GMG but does in a way.

I got thinking today after seeing such a negative reaction to me being factual/logical that my son has all this to come when he's older, he gets it in small ways now and I see my bf's brother get it all the time to the point where he's been in tears after people have berated him and taken offence to his logical/factual approach and desire to have discussion sometimes rather than a perfectly structured Q&A situation.

It makes me feel really sad in a way that there are people out there with a limited capacity to accept that not everyone will fit into the norms they expect and want from others and hurt those non neuro-typical people in the process. I can shrug it off but he's probably going to experience it a lot.

I don't blame people for it though, we're shielded so much from disorders like AS etc that when we come across someone with it we just see someone argumentative or awkward.
    Last edited by Boo; 02-14-2014 at 09:59 PM. Reason: typo
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

It's not a real uni in that it's not a real building is what I meant o.O
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

I know what you meant, it's just a term that often crops up. The OU is a real building (it's based in Milton Keynes), it's just not a conventional university. Brick uni is the term most people use when talking about the OU versus 'real' uni's.
    4 tattoos.

Facebook

I give up

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    I give up
    I'm with you on that one hun lol!

I'm off eating pizza with my boo and watching scary films!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thread reopened as it's now Saturday, any repeat performances of last night and there will be instant bans. Offending posts have been deleted.

Back on track please and any snide dig's or snipes will be deleted. Anyone not liking what another member has said please use the report and/or the ignore functions.

Mod/Admin decisions are final and not up for discussion. Membership to this forum is a privilege not a right and can be terminated at any time.
    Last edited by Boo; 02-16-2014 at 08:01 PM.