Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    GMG? People who weren't really bothered before suddenly being friendly again and suggesting things we can do when baby gets here. Um. No. Not interested in me, not hanging out with my baby. Simple.
    I remember this.

I also remember all those people and others getting bored a few days in and hardly ever seeing them again.

Even good friends at the time, come to "coo" over baby and then think you're chained to the house and never contact you again....erm hello I EXIST!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Luckily I don't have enough friends for it to be an overwhelming amount haha. It's just people I haven't even spoke to since I came back to Edinburgh and I'm like.... what? Who are you again? o.O

I can't wait till baby is here... it will get me out of the house! I will speak to other adults again! I won't be staring at 4 walls all day every day anymore!

I'm just pissed he/she (I'm guessing boy tbh!) won't be here till almost the end of summer so I have no one to go and sit outside with hahaha

I want lots of mum-like-me friends -_- I can just imagine the looks I'm going to get at baby groups
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Baby groups are generally very welcoming and friendly - at least the ones I've worked at have been! There's a few pregnancy groups and stuff on too (like a pregnancy cafe in Leith ) so you can start doing more baby things before bubba is actually here

EDIT that session may be done for now but it's the lady I work for on a monday that runs them so I can ask her if you're interested? (and possibly me soon... they've offered to give me the training to run my own groups rather than working at them!)
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Yeah, I know they're mostly friendly - it'd just be nice to have other mum friends of young babies with more than babies in common!
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

I never really went to any groups or anything but I had my sister around some of the time and went back to work when he was 4 months old and HATED it, that lasted all of 6 months and I've worked from home ever since.

I tried to get out as much as I could to see my mum (lived 3 mins away from her at the time) and 1 friend who eventually lost interest used to come over but that was about it. I'm not good with groups.

I had a really really hard time taking my son to a play group at the school he goes to now but I managed it, made a friend but she moved. Everyone else was really stuck up or cliquey and most of them were nannies anyway with no kids :/

In a way I wish I'd done more to get out but a lot of the time I was happy just me and him going out.

I'm feeling it's a boy too Toni

Sorry am in a right rambling mood today, lots of reminiscing.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yeah, I detest groups too but seeing how much my nephew loves it, I'd like to offer it to my baby - if they end up not liking it, that'll be cool with me too. Things like Jo Jingles etc.. my nephew goes mad for them! I feel sorry for my other nephew and niece.. their entire life, the most they've really had done with them is the few miles walk to the cemetery and back and the very odd day out.

If baby doesn't like it, I'm more than happy to just do things ourselves! I'm just going to really try and push myself though.. it'd be nice to have friends to do stuff with and now that I'll have a baby, it'll probably be easier to do that with other mums even if we don't have much in common!

In my entire family as a whole, everyone but my mum, sister and brother have had boys first. Everyone haha. My mum had my brother, my brother had Ben and my sister had Charlie. So I reckon I'm in for a boy too! Plus, there's a "skull theory" that points to boy to. Suppose we'll find out soon enough (it feels like forever)!

Facebook.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    Facebook.
    +1

ughhh my mums on it now and I swear I could actually be on fire or transform into a hotdog and she'd probably not notice =/
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    Yeah, I detest groups too but seeing how much my nephew loves it, I'd like to offer it to my baby - if they end up not liking it, that'll be cool with me too. Things like Jo Jingles etc.. my nephew goes mad for them! I feel sorry for my other nephew and niece.. their entire life, the most they've really had done with them is the few miles walk to the cemetery and back and the very odd day out.

If baby doesn't like it, I'm more than happy to just do things ourselves! I'm just going to really try and push myself though.. it'd be nice to have friends to do stuff with and now that I'll have a baby, it'll probably be easier to do that with other mums even if we don't have much in common!

In my entire family as a whole, everyone but my mum, sister and brother have had boys first. Everyone haha. My mum had my brother, my brother had Ben and my sister had Charlie. So I reckon I'm in for a boy too! Plus, there's a "skull theory" that points to boy to. Suppose we'll find out soon enough (it feels like forever)!
    Pretty much my entire childhood that, never really got taken anywhere or did anything :/

My son has a cousin less than a year older than him and loads of younger ones on my ex's side so visiting family was almost like a group thing really. There wasn't really the level of groups for very young children back then as there is now, especially where we lived originally but I would try my best. Doesn't help when you don't drive and the public transport is near impossible to traverse with a pram. Much easier with a buggy!

ETA: Noisy groups would have been a nightmare for my son, it's amazing when I look back at how he reacted to certain things as a baby that seemed off and now with his disability known it all makes sense!
    Last edited by Boo; 02-09-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosasaurr View Post
    +1

ughhh my mums on it now and I swear I could actually be on fire or transform into a hotdog and she'd probably not notice =/
    Its just the stories that get shared by everyone. Especially today. I knew they want to spread the news but graphic images just arent necessary. Neither are the stupid comments people put.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.