Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    Trying to dry clothes in a house that has no tumble dryer, no airing/boiler room (our boiler had a kitchen cupboard built around it) and hardly any garden with no proper washing line. Doesnt help its rained all week so we cant even put the airers outside.

That and the fact my house mates cannot tidy up after themselves. One has stuff everywhere! Her friend slept on our sofa last wednesday and the sleeping bag/pillows are still on the floor in thw living room, washing up for the whole week is on the side, a pile of shoes has appeared in the kitchen as well as a pile of 'stuff' on the counter. We've got tons of little fruit flies flying around because she cant put her finished fruit in the bin. Its gross! Mix that with neither of them change the bin, i do it all the time, and i put the bags out to be collected everyweek. Left it to see if they would once but nope, i just had to deal with it the week after and Im the only one who thinks to hoover downstairs as well even though im hardly down here. Its getting to the state of our old house which is what we didnt want to happen. How they will cope when i go next month i dont know.
    Ugh. Some people are just so inconsiderate, and you call them out on it *you* are suddenly the villain. Sucks :(

I had the same problem with the clothes last year - best you can do is look for a cheap drying rack and leave it in front of a window facing the sun for the day. Works a charm in summer, but if you don't have heating when winter comes along, it doesn't do a very good job.
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    If you cannot spell, use punctuation or even make any bloody sense then WHY do you have a job where you communicate constantly in writing? WHY???

Also if you have a job where communication with your staff is imperative then PLEASE MAKE SENSE.

Omg I'm beside myself with all this today!!
    This!

Also I currently work 2 jobs which were fitting very harmoniously with each other but now one of them (the one I get fixed pay from) has moved to clash with the other one and I don't know what to do. Do I let go the guaranteed hours with guaranteed money or do I majorly p*ss off my other boss who seems pretty annoyed with the fact I'm only available set hours anyway??
    I definitely feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Not what I need on top of 2 assignments and what feels like a never ending week.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Please can I take some of you guys home to meet my mother?

I told her I plan on getting another lobe piercing tomorrow (being the respectful daughter that I am, keep in mind I'm 21 and have never not paid for my own modifications myself) and she asked that I draw the line there. She said that based on what I like on Facebook (pictures posted on The Ear Stretching Network) makes her very worried and I'm on the verge of "wasting my university education" :/

I almost threw her own line about "we'll accept and love you no matter what" back at her. Urgh she drives me insane sometimes!

ETA: So hopefully if I introduce her to some of you, she'll see that being homeless, unemployable bums isn't the only route that modified people can take.
    6/7mm lobes, 2mm second lobe (left), 1.2mm forward helix (right)

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." ~ William Ernest Henley, 'Invictus'

Quote Originally Posted by Michi_2711 View Post
    Please can I take some of you guys home to meet my mother?

I told her I plan on getting another lobe piercing tomorrow (being the respectful daughter that I am, keep in mind I'm 21 and have never not paid for my own modifications myself) and she asked that I draw the line there. She said that based on what I like on Facebook (pictures posted on The Ear Stretching Network) makes her very worried and I'm on the verge of "wasting my university education" :/

I almost threw her own line about "we'll accept and love you no matter what" back at her. Urgh she drives me insane sometimes!

ETA: So hopefully if I introduce her to some of you, she'll see that being homeless, unemployable bums isn't the only route that modified people can take.
    Easy end to that, hide your statuses from her on FB and don't tell her of any future piercing plans. Problem solved ^_^
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Woke up early to let the meter reading man in before work (he left a card yesterday saying between 8 and 10.30) He hasnt turned up yet and i just got a text saying i dont need to go into work as nobody can get down to it as the roads been dug up. Woke up for no reason, boo

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

I paid $11 postage on 2 anato ends and, when it got to me, it said the sender paid a liiittle over (or was it under?) $6. I've just remembered and it's really annoyed me haha. A bubble mailer does not cost $5~.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    I paid $11 postage on 2 anato ends and, when it got to me, it said the sender paid a liiittle over (or was it under?) $6. I've just remembered and it's really annoyed me haha. A bubble mailer does not cost $5~.
    It's $6.55 to send something small like that. It's why I didn't buy anything from her $11 is ridiculous.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Ah yeah, that's what it was! I didn't mind at the time because I really wanted them but now I'm annoyed aha! Which reminds me to head to the swappies thread!
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    Ah yeah, that's what it was! I didn't mind at the time because I really wanted them but now I'm annoyed aha! Which reminds me to head to the swappies thread!
    Is curious....follows

My hair's fading. And its a pretty poor job so I want to re-dye the pink.

I mentioned wanting to re-dye it when I'm home this weekend as I can get cheaper dye in Leeds and I don't risk staining the walls here and being liable to pay for them. But instead of saying re-dye, I said dye.

Cue one of the guys saying that I shouldn't and that I should stop changing my hair (um, love, you've known me 12 days... my hair has been the same colour this whole time) and getting tetchy when I explained that I have my hair, and I can do whatever the f**k I want with it - he has his hair and can do whatever he wants with his. Ugh. People -.-

He also told me to not even think about getting a triangle done because it's 'disgusting' and 'who would want you to have one'.
    a. If I'm suited - I'm getting it.
    b. I mentioned wanting one to my girlfriend and she REALLY wants me to get it, because she knows it would make me happy.
    c. it's my body. I'll do what I please, thank you very much.

I obviously forgot that everyone has an opinion on your body and you should always succumb to other people telling you how to act just so you can please them.
    Oh, I'm sorry. Does my hair dye and desire for piercings offend you? GOOD.
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN