Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Ugh Sophie that's so annoying!! I gave up on buying my course books from amazon cause a lot of them didn't give you the ISBN (also if you search the ISBN no results come up) so I couldn't be sure it was the right version - also 8 books cost me 39.21 delivered from blackwells, with 7 of them second hand and the same books cost 102 before postage on amazon!!

GMG today is Royal Mail I ordered tickets at the start of last week for a fring show on Monday night and they're STILL not here!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Aircon at work is still broken. We've had to get temporary units in. So much for 'multi million pound law firm'.
    If animals weren't meant to be eaten then they wouldn't be made of food.

Lifting big, getting bigger.

No use for an imaginary friend.

Waiting for a delivery. Yodel claimed it would be delivered by 9 - but guess what, no sign three hours later.

Amazon are really annoying the way the confuse old and new items (it isn't just books, they do it for anything that has multiple versions) - they don't even bother to separate the comments out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Ugh Sophie that's so annoying!! I gave up on buying my course books from amazon cause a lot of them didn't give you the ISBN (also if you search the ISBN no results come up) so I couldn't be sure it was the right version - also 8 books cost me 39.21 delivered from blackwells, with 7 of them second hand and the same books cost 102 before postage on amazon!!

GMG today is Royal Mail I ordered tickets at the start of last week for a fring show on Monday night and they're STILL not here!
    I've been fairly lucky, I got my most expensive two books from Abe books for like under half the price! I hadn't realised Amazon just do it by ISBN, apparently they group it all together. Seller's been lovely and emailed me a postage slip already, but Amazon will be getting a crappy email later, do they not realise revised editions make a massive difference when you're a student! From the looks of it though, i'm paying a good few quid simply for a different foreword :/. Even though that seems like quite a waste of money, I can't afford not to get the right copy really, just in case it proves relevant.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Waiting for a start date to my new job! I got the confirmation at the end of April and was told it could be 6 months. Okay I was hoping more towards the start of the 'said' 6 months :(
    Piercings;
    Current: Ears stretched 30mm - Conch - Tragus - Septum - Nostril - Tongue - Smiley - Navel - VCH
    Retired: Lower navel - Labret - Finger Dermal
    Would like: Vertical Labret - Stretched Septum 2mm - Daith - Triangle

Tattoos: Half leg sleeve - Script on thighs - Feet - Half sleeve - Full sleeve - Thumbs - Back of neck - Behind ear - Lower stomach piece - Lyrics down ribs - Side thigh - Lower back

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    I've been fairly lucky, I got my most expensive two books from Abe books for like under half the price! I hadn't realised Amazon just do it by ISBN, apparently they group it all together. Seller's been lovely and emailed me a postage slip already, but Amazon will be getting a crappy email later, do they not realise revised editions make a massive difference when you're a student! From the looks of it though, i'm paying a good few quid simply for a different foreword :/. Even though that seems like quite a waste of money, I can't afford not to get the right copy really, just in case it proves relevant.

I was so lucky one of the main books I needed (my reading list is for TWENTY and so far I've sourced 7) was 53 on amazon and I got it for 3.73 from blackwells!!! How can they justify such a price difference?!

Bloody hell, that's a lot! Mine's at it's highest, I chose to read classics next year (Lord knows why), so I had to buy five for that, but only seven in total. Doesn't seem like anything next to yours lol! That's an absolutely insane difference! But under 4 is a steal! I just checked Blackwells, but they were more expensive for my books. Just bought the last two I need though, finally.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I know it's only a one year course too! It's crazy long, at uni we only ever had 2 books max per class and in my 3 years there I had to buy one but ended up with 4 as the other 3 we're really helpful in some classes
    I actually couldn't believe it, it's second hand but for 50 it could be twentieth hand and I'd still be happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    Waiting for a delivery. Yodel claimed it would be delivered by 9 - but guess what, no sign three hours later.

Amazon are really annoying the way the confuse old and new items (it isn't just books, they do it for anything that has multiple versions) - they don't even bother to separate the comments out.
    I'm having a bit of an issue with Yodel too - according to them the seller sending my new hat has a strict no leaving with neighbour policy but I'm at work during the day. They're going to try a PM drop, we'll see what happens now then eh?
    If animals weren't meant to be eaten then they wouldn't be made of food.

Lifting big, getting bigger.

No use for an imaginary friend.

my phone. Almost all of the time I love my phone. But since coming back from France it keeps trying to connect to WiFi - but not our home network, the open network of the pub down the road o.O never done that before.

Also, I tried sending a *fairly important* text to my dad, asking him to give me a lift after work/what time does he finish... no. My phone refuses to send it - but gives no indication of this until I accidentally went into my inbox and saw it was still sending. I kinda need to know if he can give me a lift, because I don't have bus money, so I'm gonna be walking 3 miles and I need to check to see if I've been paid yet because I'm kinda screwed if I haven't...
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN