Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

People who cannot accept a view different to theirs. Closed-minded people, I am allergic to them, I get spots every time I talk to them. I mean, seriously? You can't leave ONE tiny window in your mind open to ANOTHER point of view? Nothing? How moronic are you? I can support my views too when necessary but my freedom stops when someone else's freedom begins, you know? I accept EVERY single point of view, every single opinion, opposite to mine, a bit different, totally different, EVERYTHING. I don't expect people to be as open-minded as I am, that's not possible and I have only met VERY few who truly are. But some people are impossible with their narrow minds. Infuriating.
    "When I turn around and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won. It means your stupid ass isn't worth any more of my time."

Tumblr

Facebook

sick to death of getting debt letters for the woman who used to live here!! todays letter said she is a confirmed resident of my address!! i wasnt aware there was another women living here, i wonder whereabouts she lives. maybe inside the walls?! idiots!

*Danni*
    Current
    left lobe, 6mm + 2 at 1.6, rook, 2 x helix, conch
    right lobe, 6mm + 2 at 1.6, rook, tragus
    septum, 4mm
    eyebrow, nose, tongue (3.2mm), both nipples, navel, vch,
    cherry blossom leg branding
    Retired
    surface navel, sternum skin diver, 3x wrist MDs

Quote Originally Posted by danni View Post
    sick to death of getting debt letters for the woman who used to live here!! todays letter said she is a confirmed resident of my address!! i wasnt aware there was another women living here, i wonder whereabouts she lives. maybe inside the walls?! idiots!
    Oh my goodness, this SO MUCH. The guy who lived here before was in debt by (as far as I could see) at least 20,000. We had letters, visits from bailiffs... it was just such a hassle. We've finally managed to get the *at least* 10 companies off our backs and believing that he doesn't actually live here!! How does someone let things get THAT bad?

Quote Originally Posted by poodlewash View Post
    How does someone let things get THAT bad?
    Illness, disability, fear, depression, lots of reasons.

I used to be a mod on a debt forum, you'd be surprised at how people will feel they have to run away, mainly because of these DCAs (Debt Collection Agencies) making illegal threats and harrassment so when they move they neglect to tell them, it's even driven people to kill themselves before now. Often the debt will have horrific amounts added on for no reason, again totally illegal but the government don't give 2 craps about the DCAs and even when they are caught out they get a fine or a telling off. It sickens me. Sorry to rant on and it's not a direct attack on your comment just the general situation. I've seen it take peoples lives, health and rip families apart, it's rarely ever simple or fair.
    Last edited by Boo; 05-16-2012 at 08:32 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Illness, disability, fear, depression, lots of reasons.

I used to be a mod on a debt forum, you'd be surprised at how people will feel they have to run away, mainly because of these DCAs (Debt Collection Agencies) making illegal threats and harrassment so when they move they neglect to tell them, it's even driven people to kill themselves before now. Often the debt will have horrific amounts added on for no reason, again totally illegal but the government don't give 2 craps about the DCAs and even when they are caught out they get a fine or a telling off. It sickens me. Sorry to rant on but I've seen it take peoples lives, health and rip families apart, it's rarely ever simple or fair.

No worries! I'm only seeing it from my angle - the fact that I keep getting letters, calls and knocks at the door on my day off whilst I'm still in my PJs - and I'll admit that I don't often think about the full picture. I've never owned a credit card in my life, my credit rating must be shocking, but I'm scared of them!!! It just seems like such a flawed system. I'll agree about the threats though - they've threatened to take my car off the drive before even though there's no way they could legally do that... just bullying tactics.

Yeah it's scary but it's the DCAs that are at fault, you could prove down to the ground they don't live there and because they think they're above the law they will carry on. When I was 18 and on 32 a week income support I somehow got approved (and was honest) for a credit card, I moved and neglected to tell them, didn't owe loads but also was young and didn't care. They started to write to my MUM who I hadn't lived with for nearly 3 years, I'd also never given that address nor lived there as an adult so they completely broke the data protection act, it took a hell of a long time and a report to the police and a filed court case to get them to stop writing to her even when I gave them my address, they're disgusting they really are. Also they added about 600 in 'charges', way more than I even owed. It got written off in the end and then fell under the statute of limitations anyway.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    Idiot neighbours.
    I ordered some shoes from Office on friday but since the address bit is the select your address from the postcode list it went through as 24 instead of 25. I realised this as soon as the confirmation mail came through and emailed them the issue straight away. On Saturday i could track them and could see they were in the Norwich depo. Today i got an email from Office saying thanks for my email but the shoes have been sent back to the warehouse (in Droitwich) because they were refused at number 24. Ive lived here since i was 5 as have the people in number 24. They know our last name so could have easily told them were to go or accepted it for us but no they refused it and now i have to pay another delivery fee to get them back because of that.
    Continuing on from this...
    The email stated they would email me confirming they had been returned and ask whether i wanted them to be redelivered. So far ive got nothing and ive just looked at the tracker again and it says that yesterday it was in the Irvine depot and that it was delivered to the customer. Google maps tells me that Irvine is much further North than me so does this mean my shoes have been shipped off to someone else who ordered the same as me and when this email finally arrives il get a new pair sent to me or what? i dont know whether to leave it till the weekend and see what happens or email Office now so they will hopefully read it by monday. Anyone else had issues with Office?

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Next time I want to order stuff from Office, I'm going to get it delivered to the office I work for. If I'd realised they didn't use royal mail I would have. (who the hell are Yodel??)
    Missed the delivery today so I've arranged to go pick it up from completely the other side of town (luckily they have a depot up here). It'll be easier than trying to have it re-delivered.

What really grinds my gears about it though is the buzzer system here that doesn't work. Even when I'm in I miss deliveries :/
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Scarred_pierced

Arrogance, blind, dumb arrogance!

Few things this morning:
    -Breaking a bowl that fell as soon as I opened the fridge. Very very near my dog as well (he got scooped up quickly and dumped outside whilst I swept up).
    -When I fed another of my dogs the back door shut behind me and the latch went down so I couldn't get back in (only just got back and all my stuff was inside). Was knocking for ages before my brother got up.
    -Being woken up at about half 2/3ish this morning when my brother stumbled in pissed. Sooo was not in the mood when the post was early today :/.
    -Pissheads across the street yelling abuse . . . at one in the afternoon. Idk, sits wrong with me that they're even drunk at that time. Hate the fact that we've got a bookies across the road. Sometimes living in a place that's main income is from gambling, really makes me feel quite disgusting. And glad that I just wouldn't.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook