Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

It's 'bout as much fun as drinkin' a pint o' piss.
    If animals weren't meant to be eaten then they wouldn't be made of food.

Lifting big, getting bigger.

No use for an imaginary friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    I just downloaded it. Thanks the advice, duuuuude.

Kudos to you too Maark.
    I'm sure you'll like it. I think its crashed on me once since I've had it, that was me using unreal stuff though at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf View Post
    I'm sure you'll like it. I think its crashed on me once since I've had it, that was me using unreal stuff though at the same time.
    Well its pretty damn quick so far. once again, thanks for the heads up.

Internet banking & firefox atm.. Password got revoked so sent for a new one, the screen with the number to ring and the number to quote came up then it crashed and firefox cant retrieve previous sites, grr now what?

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Scarred_pierced

Msn won't let me log in and neither will hotmail, wth!!

try the web messenger, my msn client won't sign in either

Scarred_pierced

I've fixed but i had to reset my password. I think someone tried to hack me :|

that sucks

Why is it that blokes in garages try to mug girls off so badly?

The past couple of days my car has been making the most AWFUL grinding sound when I brake, and just after I accelerate after braking, so I booked it into Kwik Fit today as they do free brake checks and I assumed my brake pads had gone or something but wanted to make sure.

They had a look at it and proceeded to tell me my brake pads and discs were gone, AND my tyres were knackered. Excuse me I might be a girl but I'm not thick. There is NOTHING wrong with the tyres. It was gonna cost me 163 to have it all sorted. They also reckoned I should have the brake fluid changed, do me a favour!

I told him I couldn't afford to do it there and then and that my dad was gonna sort it for me (my uncle is an ex-mechanic so half of what I would be paying for was labour anyway). The bloke got all narky and started telling me it wasn't safe to drive. I drove to South London from Essex and back today without a problem, so told him 10 minutes down the road wasn't gonna make a difference. Granted, I'm jumping on a train to work tomorrow but my car needs it's MOT done by the 26th of this month so I need to have it sorted before then. Why does everything happen at once??

T-Mobile have also f*cked me right off. I took my contract out with them before VAT went down to 15%, and I was paying 30 a month. when VAT went down my bill stayed the same, and then when it went back up to 17.5% my bill went up by 5!! How is 2.5% of 30 a fiver?!
    when I questioned this and told them they have deals on now where they offer more than what I get (basically 180 worth of credit - not even unlimited texts or anything) for less money she tells me I can't lower my monthly payment until my upgrade at the end of the year!

How come everyone else I know can threaten to leave their network and then get offered better deals midway through their contract but when I do it I basically get conned and have to pay the same amount forevermore? I've never done it before so I have no idea where I stand or what other options I have to reduce it, do I just keep ringing until i get someone who can actually help me? I think the woman thought I was asking for an upgrade anyway. Then when I questioned this random fiver her system mysteriously went down and she didn't call me back as she promised she would..... funny that.

/rant
    Last edited by Dudette1; 04-20-2010 at 10:22 PM.
    Alex

Piercings: Ears x 7 various, Tongue, Septum, Navel, Inverse Navel, VCH, Microdermal on wrist, 2 Microdermals on upper back

Tattoos: Dragon on back, Lily on wrist, Swallow on foot.

I'd keep ringing and complaining with T-Mobile until you get somewhere. I'm awful at complaining, I got my dad to do it last time we had a go at Orange and he ended up persuading them to lower my monthly bill by about 5 (was 25, now 20), and I think a few months of free internet too or something, haha. That was a few years ago though, they've managed to be alright since then.