Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

I don't think it's totally an age thing, I think it just depends on the people. I have some friends who love going out getting trashed every weekend, and some who would rather spend their nights at home watching Dr Who. My boyfriend's older than me by 5 years and his friends are the same. I know 30 year olds who go out, get into fights, make idiots of themselves etc. and 20 year olds who couldn't care less *shrugs* I think I'm probably a little of both
    I've stopped going to parties with people I don't like though, it's such a waste of time!
    Hello, my name is Lucy ^^

He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.

I guess I'm a mixture of both....on a day-to-day basis I would say I'm pretty grown up. I have quite a 'serious' job, I love playing wife (cooking for my boyfriend etc.) but then every month or so, I go away for a weekend with my girl friends and act like I'm 16 again, getting drunk, gossiping, playing Never Ever Have I Ever etc. For me, it's important to have that balance.

GMG - People not picking up their phones. Yeah, I know, you're busy/in a meeting etc but I REALLY need to speak to you!!

I fell over on Wednesday night.... Not only did I chip my tooth, the other one really hurts, I've buggered up my knee and my other ankle was twisted at some point. I have 3 weeks til I turn 19 which means not free dentists.... and I have college on monday :(
    25mm Lobe x2, 10mm Helix, 8mm Septum, 8mm Conch, 4mm Conch
    4mm Tragus, 3.2mm Tragus, 2.4mm Scaffold, 2.4mm Lip x5, 2.4mm Vertical Nipple, 2mm Cheeks
    1.6mm Nostrils, Helix, Daith, Bridge, Navel, Rook, Snug

Quote Originally Posted by Felidae View Post
    Agreed, I'm 20 and probably considered quite boring as I don't really like going out and getting wasted a lot, fine for other people but for me personally I just don't have the willing or the stamina XD (unless it's the office christmas party where I make a huge fool of myself).

I'm not really a fan of clubs either, unless they're metal or rock clubs which are a bit more interesting. The first one I went to I was moshing and this half naked little guy came up to me and said 'you dance beautifully' made me LOL
    True story... I'm not a chap who goes out often - maybe once or twice per uni term - but when I do, the whirling hair brings the metal wherever I go.
    If animals weren't meant to be eaten then they wouldn't be made of food.

Lifting big, getting bigger.

No use for an imaginary friend.

Maark you should go to Route 66 on a Monday, it's often full of emos but I had the pleasure to have a weird encounter with Vincent Valentine once....
    25mm Lobe x2, 10mm Helix, 8mm Septum, 8mm Conch, 4mm Conch
    4mm Tragus, 3.2mm Tragus, 2.4mm Scaffold, 2.4mm Lip x5, 2.4mm Vertical Nipple, 2mm Cheeks
    1.6mm Nostrils, Helix, Daith, Bridge, Navel, Rook, Snug

I do sometimes - the main thing that keeps me from going is a 9am lecture on Tuesday I have to get up at 7am for! Was there last week on the Monday. Fun times. I blew my voice half out.

Stupid f*cking piece of sh*t racists.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf View Post
    See I don't, I'm the youngest of my friends, the least willing to go out drunk. The older is the one who always goes out, always gets trashed and always has a 'good time', its definately a mental age thing rather than a physical age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felidae View Post
    Agreed, I'm 20 and probably considered quite boring as I don't really like going out and getting wasted a lot, fine for other people but for me personally I just don't have the willing or the stamina XD (unless it's the office christmas party where I make a huge fool of myself).

I'm not really a fan of clubs either, unless they're metal or rock clubs which are a bit more interesting. The first one I went to I was moshing and this half naked little guy came up to me and said 'you dance beautifully' made me LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Youki-Hi View Post
    +1. I used to spend most fo my teenage years hanging out with people who were a few years older than me - mostly because I thought they were going to be nicer and more grown up. There were just as many ****heads amongst them.
    Quote Originally Posted by pocketmouse View Post
    I don't think it's totally an age thing, I think it just depends on the people. I have some friends who love going out getting trashed every weekend, and some who would rather spend their nights at home watching Dr Who. My boyfriend's older than me by 5 years and his friends are the same. I know 30 year olds who go out, get into fights, make idiots of themselves etc. and 20 year olds who couldn't care less *shrugs* I think I'm probably a little of both
    I've stopped going to parties with people I don't like though, it's such a waste of time!
    Quote Originally Posted by x_Clover_x View Post
    I guess I'm a mixture of both....on a day-to-day basis I would say I'm pretty grown up. I have quite a 'serious' job, I love playing wife (cooking for my boyfriend etc.) but then every month or so, I go away for a weekend with my girl friends and act like I'm 16 again, getting drunk, gossiping, playing Never Ever Have I Ever etc. For me, it's important to have that balance.

GMG - People not picking up their phones. Yeah, I know, you're busy/in a meeting etc but I REALLY need to speak to you!!
    Well, in this case, I think age does have to do with it seeing as literally every single person my age besides like four people here I absolutely can't stand.
    They all are so obnoxious and seem to have not a thought in their brain except 'Let's get f*cked up!'
    My older friends are still goofy and can be immature, but overall they have much better heads on their shoulders and don't act like total rtards all the time.
    Two of them are only a year or two older than me, but they do act like they're 20-21 as opposed to 19-20.
    Then again, the people my age are probably still gonna act this way in a few years, they just suck.
    Last edited by tacosareyummeh; 04-16-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

The guys at work all seem to love a good piss-up, of which I've been to one. Though I'm possibly the oddest one working there, which I still attribute to being twonked on the head with that stick. In retrospect I should have gone to a doctor when it happened, but what am I gonna do? It goes GMG a bit that they describe my piercings as weird, THEY are the odd ones. Not me. Despite my constant Arnie quotes.

being fucking cancelled on AGAIN!! fuck sake i am so angry grrrrr > : (
    Never take life seriously, no one gets out alive anyway