Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 5mm taking AGESSSSS

NetherSpirit

Quote Originally Posted by Roooory View Post
    I don't understand why people arn't extra extra extra safe towards their piercings these days. Why should I learn to trust my body!? I don't want to, I like knowing my piercings are as healthy as possible.
    That's just YOUR preference, whereas some of us like to listen to our body more and trust it; I went from 4mm to 5mm in about 2 weeks, was it fast? Yes. Did it sting? A little. Do my ears look awful? Not at all.

Drew

I don't want to argue so I'll just stop right here.

EDIT: Actually..

So, Drew, what are you saying? You went from 4mm to 5mm in a stupid amount of time and apparently they're fine so everyone else will be okay?
    Last edited by Roooory; 03-02-2008 at 06:06 PM.

i'm bored of all this stretching talk. most people say stretching is a personal experience and then tell others how it has to be done - confusing! stretching holes in your body really isn't going to be uber-health-food-shop-healthy, is it not more a matter of safety than health? and it's not even dangerous really!

and the holes can always be closed again pretty easily!
    Rob <3's you all... except you.

Current
    Labret (1.6), Tongue (9) Septum (6), medusa (1.6), right nipple (1.6), left conch (1.6), right conch (7), vertical lowbret X 2 (1.6), helix (3.2), left lobe (18 & 2.4), right lobe (14)

Retired
    side lip x 3 (1.6), right lobe (6), pinna (1), naval (1.6), bridge (1.6), left nipple (1.6) old stupid black heart tattoo.

Ink -
    some ink...

IAM: NameLess

I always wait 6 weeks, but by 3 weeks my ear become loose anyways. I still wait thought, just in case
    Peter Petrelli is my hero

maybememories6@hotmail.com

1.2mm Monroe
    1.6mm Septum
    3.4mm Lobe
    1.6mm Tongue
    3 Microdermals
    1.2mm Daith
    1.2mm Conch

What are you on about insert_name_here?

And I'm sure a 12mm lobe stretched from nothing in 3 weeks with acrlyic tapers is gonna close up really easily!

And I'm sure a 12mm lobe stretched from nothing in 3 weeks with acrlyic tapers is gonna close up really easily!
    you'd be surprised what you can do with your body. this stuff is not an exact science.

Current
    Labret (1.6), Tongue (9) Septum (6), medusa (1.6), right nipple (1.6), left conch (1.6), right conch (7), vertical lowbret X 2 (1.6), helix (3.2), left lobe (18 & 2.4), right lobe (14)

Retired
    side lip x 3 (1.6), right lobe (6), pinna (1), naval (1.6), bridge (1.6), left nipple (1.6) old stupid black heart tattoo.

Ink -
    some ink...

NetherSpirit

Thought you were leaving this?

And I think he meant there are various methods than can be used to close the piercing over.

Eh, the way I see it, life's a learning curve, you've gotta learn from your mistakes!

Drew

yep, my other point (the uber-health-food-shop-healthy bit... i thought it was funny lol) is that stretching holes is never going to be "healthy" by conventional terms, it's a piercing, not a carrot!

Current

Retired

Ink -
    some ink...

A stretch should be healthy but theres a huge difference between cautious and going ott.

"you've gotta learn from your mistakes!" - So should I shove a safety pin through my lip then? Then I'll be 100% sure its bad when it gets infected!

"stretching holes is never going to be "healthy"" - Erm, yeah it is.. if done properly.

"it's a piercing, not a carrot!" - Wow, thanks for pointing that out.