View Poll Results: Should cannabis be legalized in Britain?

Voters
631. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

397 62.92%
  • No

170 26.94%
  • Undecided

64 10.14%
Page 147 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4797137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1520

Thread: Legalize it?

If MDMA was the main party drug instead of alcohol, nights out would be so much better.

Random hugs instead of random fights.

why not?

Tobacco and alcohol can be used, yes with damage to your body but taking either of these once in a normal amount won't kill you.

drugs like MDMA, ecstasy, heroin can kill you in one go.

Cannabis can mess your brain up through normal use.

In my point of view its a pretty obvious it shouldn't be legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Youkalaylee View Post
    Tobacco and alcohol can be used, yes with damage to your body but taking either of these once in a normal amount won't kill you.

drugs like MDMA, ecstasy, heroin can kill you in one go.

Cannabis can mess your brain up through normal use.

In my point of view its a pretty obvious it shouldn't be legal.
    By your logic then peanuts and eggs should be illegal as these can kill people in one go.
    By the same logic, junk food, some diet foods, should be made illegal as studies have shown they can permanently alter the way peoples brains work.

I really wish people would stop regurgitating the same crap they have been brainwashed into believing by parents/schools/governments/the media like robots. Do your own research and you'l find the majority of stuff you have been told about cannabis to be wrong.
    Seriously, it's a hell of an eye opener and will make you question a lot of other things too.

Unfortunately I don't think it will ever be legalised, there are far too many people with far too much money constantly lobbying to keep it illegal. Pharmaceutical companies would loose so much money to people using cannabis to easily and cheaply cure hundreds of illnesses.

To everyone saying the government should just legalise it and heavily tax it,.. I can hardly see this working as anyone could just grow it for themselves,. it's so easy.

(Sorry for the double post, can't work out how to quote twice in the same message O_o lol )

Quote Originally Posted by Coraz0ndeOro View Post
    Kind of a slow thread but I was wondering what everyone thinks about two states in the US legalizing small amount of marijuana for recreational use with this past election. I was amazed, I had to read it from several sources just to make sure it wasn't a joke! We also had another state legalize medical marijuana. I am also hoping president Obama comes out as pro-legalization with his second term.
    I took an entire class on the subject so I have done a lot of reading about what works and what doesn't when it comes to drug policies, and now I am pro-legalization of ALL drugs. When you put drug users in jail, it doesn't help them. They might stay sober for the time they're in jail but they immediately pick the habit back up when released into the same environment with no idea how to deal with addiction. Not to mention they have a criminal record and can't get jobs, which might give them the motivation to quit.

I think we need full legalization of marijuana in this country, it would provide so many jobs and save the government so much money with jails and law enforcement.
    I've been led to believe the majority of American jails are privatised? So they actually make money with people being kept there for simply smoking pot?
    Combined with the fact that the DEA gets to keep all monies and properties seized from drug raids.
    http://www.truthaboutcannabis.org/?page_id=198

One of the best documentaries I watched interviewed several growers and members of drug trafficking gangs across mexico/usa. They were saying how much they benefit from it being illegal,.. even they were saying when the Government and gangs were fighting for the same outcome, things must be wrong somewhere lol.

Also, it's great that a few states have legalised it, however it's still against federal law right? Meaning the "Feds" could still come into those states and send the people selling/growing it there into prison?
    Last edited by Hazel; 02-23-2013 at 06:16 PM.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nox~ View Post
    (Sorry for the double post, can't work out how to quote twice in the same message O_o lol )
    Bottom left of the first person you want to quote, click on the far right icon (a speech bubble with " in it and a + next to it), then click on "reply with quote" on the next person you want to quote and you'll quote both. You can click the "+ button more than once before finishing with "reply with quote"

Hope that helps
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

^ to put multiple quotes in one reply just click the icon with the "+ (the furthest right at the bottom of posts) on all the replies you want to quote before you click 'reply with quote'

No government will ever legalise cannabis, they'd loose a fortune, there's no way they could tax it with such an established market and it can cause a lot of mental health issues which could cost them a lot of money in the long term. I have no issue at all with people who use it, I enjoy it myself from time to time but trying to deny it has any side effects is ridiculous.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    No government will ever legalise cannabis, they'd loose a fortune, there's no way they could tax it with such an established market and it can cause a lot of mental health issues which could cost them a lot of money in the long term. I have no issue at all with people who use it, I enjoy it myself from time to time but trying to deny it has any side effects is ridiculous.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. I have no issue with it being legalised except for the potential stress it could put on the NHS if consumption increased significantly as a result.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Lets give this a go

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Bottom left of the first person you want to quote, click on the far right icon (a speech bubble with " in it and a + next to it), then click on "reply with quote" on the next person you want to quote and you'll quote both. You can click the "+ button more than once before finishing with "reply with quote"

Hope that helps
    Think this has worked, thank you! (:

^ to put multiple quotes in one reply just click the icon with the "+ (the furthest right at the bottom of posts) on all the replies you want to quote before you click 'reply with quote'
    Thanks!
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Woo! I remember when I figured it out, I was just quoting everyone cause I could!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I'm starting to agree with the idea of it causing mental health issues. I used to think it could actually help them but the guy I just split up with smoked every day and his depression/anger issues just got worse and worse. Smoking definitely calmed him down, he was an absolute nightmare without it. I actually bought it for him every week to keep him calmer but now that I think about it it might've been hurting him more than anything. At least it helped him stop drinking as much.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!