View Poll Results: Should cannabis be legalized in Britain?

Voters
631. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

397 62.92%
  • No

170 26.94%
  • Undecided

64 10.14%
Page 146 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4696136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152 LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1520

Thread: Legalize it?

Quote Originally Posted by Coraz0ndeOro View Post
    Alcohol, not very addictive?! Alcohol is as addictive as hard drugs, IMO. Honestly, the majority of my family and friends battle with alcoholism. Most of them don't even realize it.
    Well said.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

I don't live in Birtain but I don't see the problem in legalizing.
    If controlled well it shouldn't be a problem
    Outerconch / helix punches @ 3mm
    Innerconch punches @ 6mm
    Lobe stretches @ 14mm
    2x tongueweb
    Madison microdermal
    Sternum microdermal
    Normal navelpiercing + inverse
    Belly microdermal
    Multiple tattoos

Cannabis should be legalized everywhere. It's less harmful than alcohol and tobacco. The side effects are that it makes you hungry, happy, and sleepy. If it were legalized, it could be regulated like alcohol and tobacco, laws could be established to punish people fro smoking irresponsibly, quality could be regulated, otherwise non-violent people could be released from jail, etc. I just think it would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Leahx9 View Post
    The side effects are that it makes you hungry, happy, and sleepy.
    Along with neurological problems and paranoia, frustration, anger etc. Not everyone has a happy clappy time smoking weed, it can and does mess people up, trust me, I'd know.

That said, I think all drugs should be legalised, let people take what they want.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

^^Exactly, it's wierd how differently it does affect people! Just like all drugs really;alcohol for example. At the end of the day, it's going to affect you some way, but it's your choice as to whether you do it or not. Tbh I would love to think that we could end up legalising it, but I don't know if it ever will end up that way.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Hell yeah I think it should be legal, if you're going to ban substances at least throw some logic into the equation.

Look up:

Rational scale to assess the harm of drugs (mean physical harm and mean dependence).

I've been told alcohol and tobacco are more harmful anyway plus everything is fine in moderation. I know some people that smoke so much that their brains are like vegetables but there are also people with lung cancer from tobacco, liver failure from alcohol and diabetes/heart failure from food. I think it's absolutely fine to just unwind after a hard day at work, get rid of stress or chill with your mates in the living room. And while you're at it, legalize prostitution too!
    Current Piercings:
    6mm Lobe + Scaffold/Industrial (Left Ear), 2mm Lobe (Right Ear), Right Nostril, Tongue (centre) and Navel.

Yes, legalize it. Legalize cannabis and decriminalize everything else (heroin, coke, amphetamines etc.)

The thing that bugs me about cannabis use in Britain is that everyone thinks the stuff should be smoked, generally with a mix of yukky tobacco. SMOKING IS HARMFUL. Smoking pretty much anything is harmful. It's bad for your lungs, your throat, your gums, your teeth, your veins, your heart... smoking sucks. If cannabis use could be discussed sensibly and openly and harm reduction principles applied to the discussion, as they are with so-called 'hard' drugs like heroin, people would get into the mindset that cannabis should be taken orally. This would minimize harm massively and also reduce the amount of definitely harmful tobacco that is co-consumed in the name of 'getting high'.
    Last edited by Carnival; 10-14-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Qualification

Hmm I have different views on this.
    I do think it should be legal at the end of the day it's a plant or a herb
    also. The stuff you buy to grow these plants. Are taxed! Making the money on the taxes of the equipment and the seeds is ok but growing it isn't allowed?! :/

As for people who do sell it. You'd be screwed as if people can grow it themselfs no dealers will make money

Tbh. A hell of a lot of people grow it and smoke it. It's never gonna stop so might aswell legalise it. Instead of busting people for growing weed go catch real criminals.

Fair enough if need be make it illegal to sell not smoke. Grow it for personal use only
    Blondie piercings
    6x lobes, 18mm stretch. Tongue. Side lip. Surface wrist. 4x hip dermal anchors. Inverse navel.
    Retired. Nostril 2x. Central lower lip.

Have you noticed when your told your not suited to a piercing it makes you want it even more!!??

Kind of a slow thread but I was wondering what everyone thinks about two states in the US legalizing small amount of marijuana for recreational use with this past election. I was amazed, I had to read it from several sources just to make sure it wasn't a joke! We also had another state legalize medical marijuana. I am also hoping president Obama comes out as pro-legalization with his second term.
    I took an entire class on the subject so I have done a lot of reading about what works and what doesn't when it comes to drug policies, and now I am pro-legalization of ALL drugs. When you put drug users in jail, it doesn't help them. They might stay sober for the time they're in jail but they immediately pick the habit back up when released into the same environment with no idea how to deal with addiction. Not to mention they have a criminal record and can't get jobs, which might give them the motivation to quit.

I think we need full legalization of marijuana in this country, it would provide so many jobs and save the government so much money with jails and law enforcement.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!