View Poll Results: Should cannabis be legalized in Britain?

Voters
631. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

397 62.92%
  • No

170 26.94%
  • Undecided

64 10.14%
Page 102 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1520

Thread: Legalize it?

I'm not totally opposed to the idea of it being legalised, but what i don't like is the fact so many people do it because "it should be legal" without caring about the laws that are in place (even if they don't agree with them)... I don't go around stealing things because i think i should be allowed to do it...
    Hi, I'm Al
    FUNNIEST MEMBER 2008
    10mm Septum |19mm(3/4") Lobe|1.6mmtongue
    <3 Louise

Al, those two aren't really comparable. Smoke some green, the only person who's getting harmed is yourself. Steal a TV and obviously you're harming somebody else. That's the whole premise of being liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggles View Post
    I'm not totally opposed to the idea of it being legalised, but what i don't like is the fact so many people do it because "it should be legal" without caring about the laws that are in place (even if they don't agree with them)... I don't go around stealing things because i think i should be allowed to do it...
    That makes no sence, stealing things has detrimental effects on other peoples lives, cannabis does not damage anybody else but the smoker, and those damaging effects are either incredibly rare, or just correlations
    Joshua Anthony Bancroft-Wilson

Current:
    left lobe - 10mm
    left helix - 1.6mm
    left nipple - 1.6mm
    Septum - 2.4mm
    According to Al, I am the "Resident Stoner"

Aha, I was having a debate with somebody yesterday who would outlaw homosexuality. I was saying that a person should be free to do what they want, and he tried to make a parallel between homosexuality being legal and murder being legal .

I go spending my money on weed... money is obviously exchanged illegally so no taxes payed and goes to who knows where maybe the dealer using it to pay for illegally imported stuff , whereas if i bought something that was legal i pay tax on it and it would go into our countries economy, so by spending it on weed i could effectively be stealing from our economy so isn't that different. Then again if it were legal this whole problem would be stopped...
    Hi, I'm Al
    FUNNIEST MEMBER 2008
    <3 Louise

So buying things from car boot sales.. and ebay etc. is stealing from the economy and should be make illegal?
    Lucy...

...In The Sky...

...With Diamonds
    Free your feet and your mind will follow..

Quote Originally Posted by wiggles View Post
    I go spending my money on weed... money is obviously exchanged illegally so no taxes payed and goes to who knows where maybe the dealer using it to pay for illegally imported stuff , whereas if i bought something that was legal i pay tax on it and it would go into our countries economy, so by spending it on weed i could effectively be stealing from our economy so isn't that different. Then again if it were legal this whole problem would be stopped...
    I was about to say the exact same thing
    Joshua Anthony Bancroft-Wilson

Current:
    left lobe - 10mm
    left helix - 1.6mm
    left nipple - 1.6mm
    Septum - 2.4mm
    According to Al, I am the "Resident Stoner"

Quote Originally Posted by Lalalu View Post
    So buying things from car boot sales.. and ebay etc. is stealing from the economy and should be make illegal?
    but that money is (most likely) going to be spent in this country on that persons shopping or whatever... you go giving your money to a dealer you don't know where it is going (not saying they might not go shopping either though!)
    Hi, I'm Al
    FUNNIEST MEMBER 2008
    <3 Louise

so drug dealers aren't allowed to hold car boot sales?

I think i've lost track of this thread somewhat.
    Rob <3's you all... except you.

Current
    Labret (1.6), Tongue (9) Septum (6), medusa (1.6), right nipple (1.6), left conch (1.6), right conch (7), vertical lowbret X 2 (1.6), helix (3.2), left lobe (18 & 2.4), right lobe (14)

Retired
    side lip x 3 (1.6), right lobe (6), pinna (1), naval (1.6), bridge (1.6), left nipple (1.6) old stupid black heart tattoo.

Ink -
    some ink...

IAM: NameLess

well i wouldnt be too too worried about them spending alot of that money simply because when you buy a new car or a flatscreen or something that costs a bit of money in which the government will say well where did this money come from especially if the dealer has no "real job"

i also wouldnt be too worried about laced weed (and by laced i mean with harder drugs that can get you addicted to that dealers stash) because if i still pay 30 for an eighth how is he making the money to lace my shit with crack? and even if he did i would find it fishy when i buy off the other dealers and get quality product and dont get as high.

piercings
    tongue 1.6mm
    lobes 10mm
    septum 1.2mm
    nostril 1mm