Page 612 of 613 FirstFirst ... 112512562602603604605606607608609610611612613 LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 6129

Thread: Weight and Fitness Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxx-Returns View Post
    Don't worry, I can pick up stuff weighing 4kg and everything. I dunno what the average weight of a heavy shopping bag is, but I can carry those fine and all.

Yeah it's a machine, it works the deltoids and something else, and I have very weak deltoids it turns out.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I have B12 deficient anaemia it turns out. Waiting on an appointment at the gastro clinic about that.
    All those machines won't do a thing if you want to gain muscle. Gaining muscle is simple:

- Eat at a calorie surplus (to do this you'll have to use a TDEE/BMR calculator).
    - Lift heavy things, using a progressive lifting program like Stronglifts and obviously learn how to lift, don't do it on your own, you need a spotter/trainer etc.
    - Ditch machines, ditch cardio, all they're going to do is burn calories for no reason.
    - Educate yourself, there's a mass of info on the web about how to gain muscle. Knowing things like your bodyfat % helps because if this is too high then you're going to need to bring it down to gain muscle. No excuse not to lift though as you can make tiny gains and increase muscle memory meaning you may see small gains in strength.
    - Learn what to eat, learn about macros etc, know how much protein to get, you'll never gain muscle if you don't eat enough.

Good sites include iiifym.com, myfitnesspal.com (look for ladies lifting groups, they're packed with good info), scoobysworkshop.com (he can be a bit harsh but info is mainly good), stronglifts.com and loads more.

I'm jealous, I so want to go back to lifting but need to gain strength back first and get my bf% down. I went from knowing nothing to being able to deadlift around 70kg in a relatively short space of time after reading up on things and becoming informed on the process and how the body works in regard to bf%, muscle memory, muscle gain, macros required and looooads of other things. I never got to build any muscle (my bf% is waaaaaaaaaaaay too high) but I did gain strength from muscle memory and it's fun to lift!

Pernicious anemia can cause muscle weakness, lack of energy etc but it's dependent on severity, could be factor but it's easily treatable with injections or tablets.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Just wondering if any of you have tried Step Aerobics? I've been looking for something to take up at home and this is the only thing that seems a bit interesting. I just want to get a bit healthier really, not looking to loose more than half a stone - stone, and to tone up all over.

I've done no real exercise for years (even though I walk everywhere, most days do between 8000 & 12000 steps on my pedometer) and camp/hike a fair bit during summer months. But as I'm getting older it's not as easy to keep the weight off just by monitoring my diet and I'm definitely starting to feel more lethargic which isn't good.

So yeah, I'm here after either some suggestions for good videos or if anyone has an tips, or experiences (good or bad welcome) they can share!
    Ta
    Last edited by ~Nox~; 05-05-2016 at 01:22 AM.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Just look on YouTube, you'll find millions of videos.

To lose weight all you have to do is eat less than you burn in calories. Any aerobic exercise can boost that . The only aerobic exercise I like is walking, dancing and swimming. You're right to do what you like though as it makes it more likely that you'll do it!

As for "toning" there's not really such a thing, most people mean they want to lose fat and gain muscle, for this you'll need to lift weights.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Bleh, been feeling really rubbish lately, I seem to live off of pizza (unsurprisingly!) and I'm piling on weight weight at the moment

Hoping the house move, new job and new kitchen will lead to some healthier choices/weight loss! Want to feel less bloated/blubbery/unfit for the honeymoon in August!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

The gym! Weight training is a must, paired with a varied diet. I know this sounds so basic but that's literally what works, a healthy diet and a strict weight training schedule!

One of my goals for the summer is to drink more water and a lot less soda but I feel like I'm almost forcing myself to drink water... anyone have any tips on how to make it feel less like I'm drowning myself?

I just started aqua aerobics .. It's actually really good, not sure if it did much for me exercise wise. But it stopped me thinking for an hour or so, some time without anxiety was nice

Quote Originally Posted by greystheway View Post
    One of my goals for the summer is to drink more water and a lot less soda but I feel like I'm almost forcing myself to drink water... anyone have any tips on how to make it feel less like I'm drowning myself?
    Just drink anything, it doesn't have to be water. You don't have to drink loads either, bit of a myth that one.

I've been walking a lot here in Ireland... I think I've lost weight just from the increased activity. Not sure cuz I dont have a scale and quite frankly I dont want to know what I weigh. Ways to go but... I'm doing better!
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Just casually gonna bring this back from the dead, hope that's alright I feel like I need to make something public to keep me motivated because I'm a lazy lump who will put things off indefinitely if I don't feel like doing it!

I pretty much just need to move about more so I've started doing dance aerobics. Nothing fancy, just youtube videos in my living room but it's better than nothing. I have zero co-ordination so I must look like an absolute tool but at least it's fun! And I'm feeling better already so it's all good.

Also found out there's Clubbercise classes just around the corner which I don't really have the money for right now but eventually I'd love to do it again, it was a ton of fun (and I still have my glowsticks from the first time!)
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.