Thread: Weight and Fitness Thread

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Slacked off a bit with my running last week and so I'm running Monday-Friday this week to catch up. Thinking about signing up for the fun run in October. It's a non timed 5k around Arthur's seat and my c25k app finishes mid September so I should have time to complete that and build up my outdoor running and even try the course out a few
    times before if I want to. Nick said he'd do it with me and keep pace with me too which is nice
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I went to Newquay last week to see my boyfriend and ended up drinking every night and eating out everyday but I somehow didn't gain any weight (probably due to all the walking and the day of surfing I did).
    I also never ate to the point of being uncomfortably full and I made sensible choices when it came to food and drinks (well as sensible as alcohol can be!)

I also ran half a mile continuously at the gym yesterday which considering when I started a month ago I didn't feel comfortable running at all is a pretty big deal!
    I'm also wearing size 10 jeans for the first time since I was about 14 and I'm just so determined to lose this last bit of weight so I'll finally be happy!
    Bits of me that have been stabbed
    8mm lobes
    2nd lobes
    left rook
    right helix & tragus
    right conch
    paired nostrils
    philtrum
    nape MD
    nipples

Tumblr
    /Facebook/Twitter

Did week 3 day 1 today.. Never thought I'd say this but it feels like too much walking! I don't doubt I'll be eating my words in a few weeks wishing to be back at that stage! Completed week 2 days 2 & 3 this week as well and done Aqua Zumba tonight, planning on w3d2 tomorrow morning and w3d3 and more Aqua Zumba on Friday. I'm going to be SO disappointed if I gain/STS/have a small loss at weigh in tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    I have 10 weigh-ins until Graduation. I've currently lost 22.5lbs / 1st 8.5lbs in 9 weigh-ins and I'm hoping I can make it to 3st total loss by then which would mean needing to average out at 2lbs loss per week which is hopefully doable!
    That's amazing, well done!

I've bought 30 Day Shred and some small dumb bells (wish I'd bought heavier but the neoprene grip is very comfortable) but I'm not feeling very well atm and my anxiety is getting at me (what if it'll be too hard? what if I throw up cos it's too much?)
    Stef

Mods:

Left ear: Lobe, 2x 1.6mm inner conches, 1.2mm rook, 1.6mm helix (newest).
    Right ear: Lobe, 1.6mm tragus (stretched), 1.2mm daith.
    Other: 2.5mm centre labret (stretched), 8mm septum (stretched), 1.6mm nape.
    Retired: 4x 1.6mm lobe, 1.6mm snakebites, 2.4mm venoms, 1.6mm anti-tragus, 10mm and 12mm lobes.

Gallery

Thank you I tried to redo the 30DS recently and all the jumping etc really, really aggravated my joints (but I have chronic pain so I'm more likely the exception than the rule) and I was in pain for a few days afterwards. I've been doing the couch to 5k app and I've just started week 4 and it's actually easing off some of my chronic pain! I think it's because I'm doing it on the cross trainer so it's gentler on my joints and by doing it on that my joints are kinda forced into a normal range of movement which is helping build my muscles and in turn helping my joints stay in no normal range of movement when I'm not on the cross trainer.

I was at 27lbs loss but after a few too many nights off and guessing my syns and not recording things properly I put 1/2lb on last week, really hoping I shift 1.5lbs and get my 2st award this week, but we did have Saturday off plan and Friday night we had a fancy dinner and wine with friends so as long as I don't gain I'll be happy!

Yeah, I'm worried about my joints because I sprained my right ankle at the Manc meet (wedge heels on cobblestones :/) and I still have pain if I bend it a bit too much, plus my knees kinda lock if I squat down for too long and make an awful crunchy sound (had a doctor look at them once, apparently I may have cartilage built up behind my kneecaps but this was never followed up :/).
    Stef

Mods:

Left ear: Lobe, 2x 1.6mm inner conches, 1.2mm rook, 1.6mm helix (newest).
    Right ear: Lobe, 1.6mm tragus (stretched), 1.2mm daith.
    Other: 2.5mm centre labret (stretched), 8mm septum (stretched), 1.6mm nape.
    Retired: 4x 1.6mm lobe, 1.6mm snakebites, 2.4mm venoms, 1.6mm anti-tragus, 10mm and 12mm lobes.

Gallery

There's no way in hell I could do 30DS, I read somewhere it's basically for people who are already pretty fit with no existing issues otherwise it's just too harsh.

I'm hoping to get the exercise thing back in motion soon once I'm feeling better, I prefer running when it's cooler as well. Bf has said he'll do Zombies Run with me

I have all the kit, just need to download the app and get out there.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I enjoyed the 30 day shred. I'm in noooooo way fit and the first few days killed me but you do get used to it and the results were amazing even in the 10 days I did it (I stopped cause I found out I was pregnant). I have dodgy knees (cartilage issues too) and they were sore the first couple of days but I stuck to the beginner ladys moves and it wasn't bad. I lost 9lb and something like 5 or 6 inches in those10 days whilst doing nothing more than portion control in my diet.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

I guess they mean unfit like me .

I physically cannot do something like 30DS.

Luckily, cardio is just about getting your heart rate up, doesn't really matter in what way it's done.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Level 1 is a killer! I don't do it
    I do level 3 most days as I find it the easiest. It's more muscle based rather than jumping around doing jumping jacks and high knees. I switch it up with level 2 occasionally as that's in between but I find myself pausing for a beat more often in that one.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.